strategy thread

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
This'll be for strategy planning, defining mains, team roles, etc.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Well, for weapons, I enjoy the Dual Squelcher, Splatling, Octoshot, and Splash-o-matic. I also use the jet squelcher, mini splatling, and will definitely be taking a shot at the hydra when it's released.

I'm not too picky with modes. Enjoy playing a variety. they each have their challenges, and it's fun to complete each objective.

my strategy varies with randoms, and i'm never sure what role i'm playing until we start moving. I like to perch high, and secure positions from afar, as well as control or distract snipers, so the team can push forward. I also like to bunker down if stranded, and keep the line until my team comes back. the above weapons give the the most flexibility to handle almost any situation.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
Looking over my choice weapons, I tend to favor weapons with shorter ranges, whether they trade off range for speed or power. This is probably becuase i mostly play turf war, where covering ground is the key to win.

I should really focus more on rollers ^^;

Flipz

Senior Squid
NNID
FlipzMCL
I'm a big fan of the Range Blaster just because it's an instakill at a decent range like a charger would get, but without the charge time and telltale laser (at the cost of long delay post-shot and worse close-range ability). That said, if I'm being 100% honest, I'm better with the .52 Gal than I am with the blaster. EDIT: I also really enjoy the Tri-Slosher, but I know I'm not the only one on the team who likes that weapon, so I won't lay any kind of claim to it. :oops:

Preferred modes: Tower Control, then Rainmaker, then Turf War. I don't like Splat Zones, with the possible single exception of Hammerhead Bridge. (Yes, I have very strange tastes. :p )

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
2 slosher's are better than 1! Let our tidal waves of ink lay waste to our enemies!

Err... Naw man, it's cool. The thing is great!

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
Ooooh, fancy. I have a somewhat wide range of mains, so I'll try to list them in a somewhat organized fashion.

Sloshers: I like Sloshers. A lot. I'm pretty adept at utilizing their arcing capabilities too. I prefer the standard over Tri, but I think Tri is more competitively viable right now if only because of its Bubbler. I'm pretty decent at Burst-Canceling with the vanilla Slosher, though. Once the Slosher Deco comes out, you can have no doubt that I'll be maining that thing like crazy, since its kit is practically made for competitive. But until then, I probably won't use Sloshers much in scrimmages.

Octobrush: The Octobrush can be awkward for me at times, but I'm becoming more and more experienced with it. When I play it, I tend to lean toward a support/assassin role, setting up Squid Beakons at key locations, usually fairly safe ones, and picking off any unsuspecting targets. And then, of course, there's the Kraken, which I don't think I need to explain.

Chargers: Out of all chargers, I'm most experienced with the vanilla E-Scope. However, I've been recently practicing using the scopeless version of it, as well as other chargers, such as the Hero Charger Replica and Kelp Splat Charger. When using these, I play the sniper role that almost any charger does, being the team's "eyes in the sky" and picking off targets from afar. With the vanilla E-Liter, I'm adept at using Burst Bombs in close combat. With the Hero Charger, I can use the Splat Bomb Rush to claim large amounts of turf or hold choke points on the map. I'm also pretty good at placing Sprinklers in clever locations with the Kelp Splat Charger.

Aerosprays: While not the most reliable in combat, the Aerospray RG was my first ever main in this game, and so I've learned its weaknesses quite well and I do my best to avoid letting others exploit those weaknesses. I guess the role I play with these things is the support/scout role? With the Aerosprays' quick turf coverage and maneuverability, I can move quickly throughout the map, cover ground for the team, and take out unsuspecting opponents. In Splat Zones and Tower Control, I tend to use the Aerospray RG over the MG. With its Inkstrikes, it can turn SZ matches around quickly, and its Ink Mines can easily catch opponents off-guard in TC. In Rainmaker, I prefer the Aerospray MG. Its Seekers allow me to get to mid quickly, and they are also very difficult for the RM carrier to avoid. Finally, its Inkzooka can make up for its horrible lack of range.

Carbon Roller: Basically just copy/paste what I said about the Aerosprays here :p Though I can also Burst-Cancel with this, if that helps. I usually use this weapon in Rainmaker, as the quick path it creates can help the team to push the RM quickly, and its insta-kill capability can help it fend off opponents who get too close.

Octoshot Replica: This my best offensive role weapon. It's just a good weapon all around. I tend to do well in firefights with it. I can easily hold choke points with its Suction Bombs, and the Inkzooka can be used to pick off enemy snipers.

P.S. This took a long time to write XD And for goodness' sake, Aqua, capitalize the title of this thread!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom