(Suggestion/Discussion) Additional Community Events

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
It it I, the great Dr Archibald Octpyrean! During my investigation of your gentle culture, I've noticed a grave lack of interaction between the community. For this particular letter I will focus on Events. Events like your Splat Fest. Not Splat Fest exactly but events that community can participate in and grow closer together, participate in, and enjoy themselves.

Primarily there is a lack of variety in your celebrations. Here I will list several events that could take place during normal game time. Now, I'm not as experienced as you are, So please let me know If I've missed any major cultural events.

Now, For new events.

Holiday Events:

With Each event, Rare fresh gear can be offered. It wont be better than the normally available gear, however it will look different and only be available during these events. Additionally the Stages, Inkopolis, and Other areas will be decorated appropriately. These Festivals can either be based on region or global, as to help learn about different holidays around the world. Understand as I am from the USA, I have only listed those that I know have experienced myself.

Names are pending of course, if you have a suggestion for a holiday then please let me know. I'll add/Change it.

Potential Holidays:
  • All Squiddos Eve. (Fright Fest/Halloween)
  • Squidmas
  • Festival of Love/Friends (Valentines)
  • Season Festivals
  • Easter (Need Name)
  • New Years (Need Names)
  • St. Patrick Day (Need Names)
  • Mothers/Fathers Day (Need names) We could see Squid Parents!
  • I'm Sure I forgot some. Blame it on the Fermented Ink ;)
Tournaments

These Tournaments will be public events for nothing more that fresh Medals for your Squid. Nothing for real money, but anyone and everyone will be able to participate in. Adding the chance for names or teams to get recognized, even on the more casual level, will allow for a sense of accomplishment and have a goal players (who are more serious) can realistically work towards.

Carnivals and Competitive Minigames.

The Carnivals themselves will offer minigames and unique prizes for those that rank the highest. The minigames will of games that utilize the current weapons and mechanics in the game. Not only will they be beneficial to game play, but they will be fun! Here are several Examples:

• Target Shoot: How many targets can you shoot with different kinds of weapons. (Like The BB-gun Games at carnivals)
  • Shoot Hoops: How many Splat Bombs can you get in these crazy hoops? They move and wobble and simulate a real situation. his can be done with different kinds of bombs too!.
  • How much of this area can you ink in this time limit
  • How Quickly can you navigate this obstacle course.
  • Help me think of more!
Design Competitions

Players submit designs for Weapons/Stages/Gear and the community votes on the best few that Nintendo picks. It will allow for the players to feel listened to. This will additionally help build a player/dev relationship that is important to long lasting games.

"Live" Concerts

Squiddos will drop in game dosh to purchase tickets to see the in game bands in concert (in game that is) You'll listen to New music, old music, and see your favorite bands play in "person"

While there you can purchase band merch and hang out with your favorite Squiddos.

Seeing Other Players In Game

I was going to save this one for a new post, however I feel this aspect is incredibly important to developing a community. If we can see other players in game and interact with them (Such as the plaza) then you can make friends. Not only that, it makes the world feel that much more alive. This, incorporated with all the above. Will exponentially increase the amount of comradery , and sense of community we experience in game.

As always let me know what you think.!

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Seeing Other Players In Game

I was going to save this one for a new post, however I feel this aspect is incredibly important to developing a community. If we can see other players in game and interact with them (Such as the plaza) then you can make friends. Not only that, it makes the world feel that much more alive. This, incorporated with all the above. Will exponentially increase the amount of comradery , and sense of community we experience in game.
That reminds me of a Gmod video called Squidplaza Tour; it would be pretty cool if there was something like that in the game (being able to hang around with other Inklings in Arowana Mall or something similar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom