• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

(Suggestion/Discussion) Inktana

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Just an introduction before I put myself in character for this suggestion. Primarily I don't know where to put this. You guys don't have a fan-suggestion section so I'm Sticking It here. If you want it moved please do so. Secondly I'm going to pretend I'm Dr. Archibald Octpyrean a little while I do the rest of this post. He's the Lead Scientist at Octpyrean Inc, an Octarian Weapons R&D Corporation. I feel it's more fun if we put the Weapon, map, whatever in context to the game world, to give it more flair and make it seem more possible. If anyone out there is an artist I would love it if you drew the Inktana being used, If there's a slim chance it can happen then we have to give all we can for it to be added to the game. I want it. I want it bad, and I hope after reading this you guys will too. Thanks for Sticking through it. Here we go!

I, The great Archibald Octpyreus appreciate your Love and devotion but there is a new, better version 2.0

Here

---
Greetings Inklings of Inkopolis!

I, the great Dr. Archibald Octpyrean bring to you today, an opportunity. For while the war may be over, we do not yet stand united. To help bridge our great nation with your... place, I wish to bring the great Octarian minds to Inkopolis. To do so, I must prove to the board of Ocypyrean Inc. that it is lucrative to do so! While they drown in the powerless shells beneath the earth I come to you, With science! And most importantly, The Inktana.

Octpyreus Inktana.png

Inktana

• Range: 20 - 75
  • Damage: 40 (Slash) - 60 (Dash)
  • Type: Inktana (Variant of the Charger)
  • Sub: ???
  • Special: ???
Function:

The Wielder of the Inktana Has two methods of attack: A charged Dash, and a regular Slash. Pressing and Holding ZR will cause your character to take a preparing animation, hand on the hilt and another on the scabbard. If the Inktana is Charged past the 1/4th mark, the Inktana will release a line of pressurized ink when the button is released, much like a regular charger just will less range. The moment the Ink lands the player dashes forwards and "Skates" Across the Ink that was just made, placing them neatly at the end of the trail. Any Collisions with terrain will stop them dead in their tracks. They are still effected by the game physics so you can and will fall off things. At any point the Character may simply "tap" the ZR button to slash with the Inktana, even near the end of the dash.

If an enemy is struck by the charge it does 60 damage.

If the enemy is slashed it does 40 damage.

This is a two shot splat if done correctly: Charge proper distance -> Release and hit with Line -> Dash to End of Line -> Slash to splat.

There are Drawbacks. The creations of the line and the dash do not happen simultaneously, It is possible to hit someone with the line, or miss entirely. Or potentially fling yourself off the edge of the stage.. Additionally if they are smart they know how the weapon will work and drop a bomb at their feet for your enjoyment. I wanted a High Skill cap melee-esq weapon and I feel the mechanics introduced here allow that.

I find that This adds a nice weapon that has a different feel from the other "Melee" weapons. I envisioned those old samurai shows where they wait to draw their blade at the same time and the better samurai won. I hope I explained this properly as I envisioned.

Let me know what you think. I'm happy to discuss any aspect of the weapon with you, even the sub weapon and special I don't quite want to talk about yet.

Edit: For Clarification to this post,

My gripe with the design needs to be explained more thoroughly, as it seems you've taken it a different way than how I intended. By the design of the sword, I mean the fact that it is a sword. Like, all of the weapons have a sort of logic in why they're in the game in terms of spreading ink. The Inktana doesn't really fit the design of the game in that sense.
The concept of how the weapon works as well gives the impression that it just isn't designed to cover ground and is meant for kills. This is all fine and dandy to me with Ranked Modes and all, but I feel that this concept is not what was intended for the aesthetic of the game. Like, even Chargers, which are obviously meant for kills being a sniper and all, utilize covering ground very well(arguably better than other weapon classes). I cannot myself envision how the Inktana could utilize that role weapons are supposed to have, but you are free to also clarify this point with me.
I do agree that the role and utilization of Brushes and your Inktana do vastly differ. Just I feel the intent was for the Inkbrush to be the Splatoon world's equivalent to a sword, seeing as you swing it around quickly like one and have virtually no range, but the slapping around is to keep it family-friendly I would presume.
Inktana Attack Visualization.jpg

So this is actually a Combination of a a Japanese Katana Style called Iaido and Ike's Side-B from smash. Iaido is very commonly seen in Samurai anime or any anime in general where there's swords. Two swordsman face off and they draw their swords and dash forwards impossible distances at the drop of a hat. In this sense we must differentiate swords from Katana. Katana have a very specific style to them, they aren't swung madly like a brush or other kinds of swords. They're deliberate tools and are not to be drawn unless you intend to kill. Which I'm trying to emulate here while still providing ink being sprayed down.

If you want a logic behind this then here it is: The Scabbard of the Inktana Has special seals that allow ink to be pressurized up to amazing levels. When the Inktana is drawn, it releases the pressurized ink in a line similar to chargers in-front of the wielder. The Wielder then Dashes along the newly formed line, Allowing them to close the distance.

And really though. There's a Gatling gun. How is that still family friendly. We can have both. It's all in the designs and presentation.

Last edited:

Voidaken

Inkling
NNID
Voidaken
I think the concept of the Inkbrush was to be the equivalent of a sword for those who like using them. I think what you've made here is nice and has good ideas, but I think the design doesn't fit with the game and is just kind of superfluous with the Inkbrushes.
But yeah, it does seem interesting. It seems akin to the swords that Demo uses in Team Fortress 2. I just don't see that concept, however, fitting with the idea of Splatoon. At least not outside of Ranked play.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
This seems really interesting! I think there should be an option to cancel out of the dash at any moment. It really does seem like something that a samurai would do, but more like Ike's side special in Smash Bros. Also, I think this weapon is different enough to qualify as another weapon class, but I like it and think it might work.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Hrmm Interesting points. Just a disclaimer I get that it's your opinion, but I don't agree with it! So I'll Discuss them to the fullest of my thoughts. I apologize ahead of time if anything comes off offensive

I think the concept of the Inkbrush was to be the equivalent of a sword for those who like using them.
I can see the easy comparison. However the fact remains that Inkbrushes don't feel like a sword and aesthetically they aren't a sword. The feel all weird and spammy like, well I'm slapping someone with a brush! They do what they do well, but they do not fill the void of a sword.

I think what you've made here is nice and has good ideas, but I think the design doesn't fit with the game and is just kind of superfluous with the Inkbrushes.
Now that's just not true! The role of the Inktana and the Brushes will be sort of similar but do to the constant movement of the "Roller" class they simply wont be the same. The Inktana covers ground like a mix between a roller and a charger and therefor will be different In feel, form, and function. The Inktana will have more sudden movement and allow the player to make quick adjustments to location, even if the end result is very telegraphed. Additionally, much like splatting some with a charger, the Inktana will feel like you just decimated an opponent when you get combo down. "It just works!" (TM) As

As far as the Aesthetic goes it is an Ontarian weapon. They're supposed to feel more techno/Cyborgy/metal IMO. Atleast that's the vibe I got from other weapons. Labeling it an Octarian weapon will instantly excuse the more vicious look. After all they're the "Badguys" right? Though the viciousness can be toned down by changing the color scheme. It could look like a Nerf sword.

It seems akin to the swords that Demo uses in Team Fortress 2. I just don't see that concept, however, fitting with the idea of Splatoon. At least not outside of Ranked play.
I'm Not familiar with the weapon. I was always bad at TF2 so I never really played.

This seems really interesting! I think there should be an option to cancel out of the dash at any moment. It really does seem like something that a samurai would do, but more like Ike's side special in Smash Bros. Also, I think this weapon is different enough to qualify as another weapon class, but I like it and think it might work.
Yes I thought about comparing it to Ike's Side-B but the visual it gave was a little off, even if it functioned the same. Thank you for the reply :)

Voidaken

Inkling
NNID
Voidaken
My gripe with the design needs to be explained more thoroughly, as it seems you've taken it a different way than how I intended. By the design of the sword, I mean the fact that it is a sword. Like, all of the weapons have a sort of logic in why they're in the game in terms of spreading ink. The Inktana doesn't really fit the design of the game in that sense.
The concept of how the weapon works as well gives the impression that it just isn't designed to cover ground and is meant for kills. This is all fine and dandy to me with Ranked Modes and all, but I feel that this concept is not what was intended for the aesthetic of the game. Like, even Chargers, which are obviously meant for kills being a sniper and all, utilize covering ground very well(arguably better than other weapon classes). I cannot myself envision how the Inktana could utilize that role weapons are supposed to have, but you are free to also clarify this point with me.
I do agree that the role and utilization of Brushes and your Inktana do vastly differ. Just I feel the intent was for the Inkbrush to be the Splatoon world's equivalent to a sword, seeing as you swing it around quickly like one and have virtually no range, but the slapping around is to keep it family-friendly I would presume.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Inktana Attack Visualization.jpg

So this is actually a Combination of a a Japanese Katana Style called Iaido and Ike's Side-B from smash. Iaido is very commonly seen in Samurai anime or any anime in general where there's swords. Two swordsman face off and they draw their swords and dash forwards impossible distances at the drop of a hat. In this sense we must differentiate swords from Katana. Katana have a very specific style to them, they aren't swung madly like a brush or other kinds of swords. They're deliberate tools and are not to be drawn unless you intend to kill. Which I'm trying to emulate here while still providing ink being sprayed down.

If you want a logic behind this then here it is: The Scabbard of the Inktana Has special seals that allow ink to be pressurized up to amazing levels. When the Inktana is drawn, it releases the pressurized ink in a line similar to chargers in-front of the wielder. The Wielder then Dashes along the newly formed line, Allowing them to close the distance.

And really though. There's a Gatling gun. How is that still family friendly. We can have both. It's all in the designs and presentation.

Voidaken

Inkling
NNID
Voidaken
Interesting. Are you saying the dashing along the line is mandatory? It seems like it would have to in order to get the kill and keep the concept of being a sword. Otherwise, it's working more like a whip.

The problem with that, though, is that it would sound the sword would be very slow and thus very underwhelming as a weapon overall because it covers turf not so well and would be unreliable to get kills, even if the sword's power was a OHKO.

I am very much aware of the differences between swords and swordstyles being a practitioner of various sword arts myself due to family lineage; however, I don't think many people are aware of the differences between swords and much less so about the sword styles for the same sword. Not that this makes any difference to me.

The Splatling Gun is just as family-friendly as all the other shooters. It's still a colorful gun shooting ink. The sword, however, seems to be about stabbing the opponent with the weapon itself, which is not as family-friendly. Even if the sword gets a NERF treatment, it still would be stabbing the victim, no? Otherwise, it's working more like a whip as I said earlier. Unless the intent with this sword is to work like in anime with slicing up the opponent via cutting air blasts. I agree it's all in the design and presentation, which is why I do ask for as much detail as possible for how one would implement this concept into a game like Splatoon. At first glance, it doesn't seem to fit the aesthetic, but I believe the vision you have for it does make it so once you get it all on paper.

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
Interesting. Are you saying the dashing along the line is mandatory? It seems like it would have to in order to get the kill and keep the concept of being a sword. Otherwise, it's working more like a whip.

The problem with that, though, is that it would sound the sword would be very slow and thus very underwhelming as a weapon overall because it covers turf not so well and would be unreliable to get kills, even if the sword's power was a OHKO.

I am very much aware of the differences between swords and swordstyles being a practitioner of various sword arts myself due to family lineage; however, I don't think many people are aware of the differences between swords and much less so about the sword styles for the same sword. Not that this makes any difference to me.

The Splatling Gun is just as family-friendly as all the other shooters. It's still a colorful gun shooting ink. The sword, however, seems to be about stabbing the opponent with the weapon itself, which is not as family-friendly. Even if the sword gets a NERF treatment, it still would be stabbing the victim, no? Otherwise, it's working more like a whip as I said earlier. Unless the intent with this sword is to work like in anime with slicing up the opponent via cutting air blasts. I agree it's all in the design and presentation, which is why I do ask for as much detail as possible for how one would implement this concept into a game like Splatoon. At first glance, it doesn't seem to fit the aesthetic, but I believe the vision you have for it does make it so once you get it all on paper.
I feel like everything you're basing your apprehension on are things that can be adjusted via colors or variables or even small adjustments in the visuals itself (IE make it less pointy)

Charge Speed, Damage, Reach, Splat Spray, can all be adjusted while testing. It isn't important to determine anything but the general idea when coming up with a concept.

Tapping ZR will make it slash and spray ink in diagonal lines Infront of the Player. It's still ink, just has a different delivery.

I also don't get where I'm failing to explain exactly how the attack works.

Depending on how long the attack is charged past the 1/4th threshold, will adjust how far the player dashes in a line of ink (Think Charger width and about Squiffer Distance at max charge) The player WILL dash when it charges. Thy dash in a line where they're facing. When the player does dash, It's Inkredibly quick. The entire premise of the Inktana revolves around quick dashing movements and the drawback is if you need to cover alot of ground you need to charge your attack. you DO NOT have to charge a long time, you DO NOT have to cover the distance in that manner. If you have a path to your enemy, then sneak behind them and Tap 3 times and they're splatter.

I feel like there is a misunderstanding between our explanations and I can't figure out what it is.

Voidaken

Inkling
NNID
Voidaken
No, I'm understanding you quite fine as you continue commenting. I'm merely asking follow-up questions. Still, based on the way the sword kills(via actual slashing and stabbing), it does sound a bit too adult for the game's aesthetic. But let's call that point irrelevant for now and move onto the weapon's mechanics.

No matter what the speed is of the charging, the ink coverage, the lunge, the attack, etc., this weapon will have balance issues. It's either going to be too slow/too much work for a kill-oriented weapon in an objective-oriented game, or it's going to be too broken because of how quickly it kills. There really is not middle ground for this when you consider all of the steps required to go in for the killing blow. The other problem I'm seeing is how open you are to attacks in your attack. While you make the charge and lunge, the opponent would just be getting free shots in on you, right? This again brings up an imbalance issue as the sword sounds too unviable to make use of, or the player is invulnerable during the lunge, which would then make it ridiculously overpowered(having a weapon that just straight up negates damage like the bubbler without the knockback).

I also do find your point about the drawback and the charge time contradictory. You say to cover a lot of ground one needs to charge the attack, yet you also say the charge is not long either. Exactly what are the timeframes you are thinking of for this weapon?

For the sneak attack, you're saying you tap three times for a quick series of slashes or something? It sounds awfully similar to the Inkbrush in that way. If that is correct in how it quick attacks, it's very much like a fusion of the Inkbrush in terms of attack speed and the Charger in terms of attack power and turf coverage, right? I like the sound of that, but I do find myself conflicted again with the balance issues this presents.

I still think it's a neat concept; I just feel as it stands now that it would either be a weapon nobody uses proclaiming it's garbage, or a weapon so overpowered that people would petition to have it banned. Thoughts?

Last edited:

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
((If you're going to RP, I might as well))

Dear Dr. Archibald Octpryean,

As open as we are at the Weapons Division to new, game-changing classes (evidenced by the fact that we looked over your letter despite the fact your race stole our greatest source of power recently), there's one problem that prevents us from ratifying your proposal. It looks exactly like an actual katana. Sure there's going to be a part of the blade composed of ink, but our youngest participants are 14, and and we don't want people to think that any inklings are going to get sliced in half.

You could argue that Splatling Guns aren't kiddy because they're based off Gatling guns. But there's the thing, the Heavy Splatling's barrel tip was colored orange by the manufacturer to indicate that it isn't the real thing, and there's a water tank attached to the side. The Mini Splatling looks like a toy (as do all SplatCo. weapons), and the Hydra Splatling barely looks like what the rest of it's class looks like. Having only a section of the blade be composed of ink doesn't do much.

We thank you for your proposal.

Sincerely,
E. D. Black
Head of the Inkopolis Turf War Board Weapons Division

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant

As open as we are at the Weapons Division to new, game-changing classes (evidenced by the fact that we looked over your letter despite the fact your race stole our greatest source of power recently), there's one problem that prevents us from ratifying your proposal. It looks exactly like an actual katana. Sure there's going to be a part of the blade composed of ink, but our youngest participants are 14, and and we don't want people to think that any inklings are going to get sliced in half.

You could argue that Splatling Guns aren't kiddy because they're based off Gatling guns. But there's the thing, the Heavy Splatling's barrel tip was colored orange by the manufacturer to indicate that it isn't the real thing, and there's a water tank attached to the side. The Mini Splatling looks like a toy (as do all SplatCo. weapons), and the Hydra Splatling barely looks like what the rest of it's class looks like. Having only a section of the blade be composed of ink doesn't do much.

Sincerely,
E. D. Black
Mr. E. D. Black,

I, the great Dr. Archibald Octpyrean, have recently recognized it is uncommon for inkling children to play with objects resembling things such as katanas. I have delved into inkling culture as of late and am curious what suitable design could house the unique mechanics of the Inktana. With future designs and prototypes, I will account for the... gentle nature of inkling children, and design somthing more... cute. I desire to continue communications as this design was the first of many, perchance is there anything the board desires to see designed? In the interest of increasing relations I desire to help create in any way I can.

Sincerely,

I, the great Dr. Octpyrean.

/RP

Seriously though his thread has been really educational to the aesthetic desired by the community and that would fit in the game. If you have any buding idea I'd be happy to help expand and develop it into somthing more!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
((Gonna try RPing for my response, sorry if I'm doing it wrong))

Dr. Octpyrean,

We like your idea (all of us, which is quite an accomplishment. Congrats), it sounds rather unique, fun and not like anything Splatoon has has up to this point. However, we have a couple of questions. Firstly, can you do the dash in midair? Because that seems like it could be possible if you released the charged slash in midair, and it could be rather fun (airdashing is always fun, right?) if it were doable, though the dashing-through-the-ink part makes me wonder if that's actually possible with your Inktana. Secondly, if an Inkling (much as we'd like to, not being ink-based life and also being 10 tiny puffballs means we're banned from actually participating in Turf Wars ourselves, for size-, numerical- and being-invincible-to-all-the-weapons-related reasons) were to use your Inktana in an area covered in their own team's ink, could they slide further than the dash would normally take them (by sliding in the rest of the ink)? Not a necessary thing, I'm just curious. Thirdly, can Inklings using your Inktana's dash cancel the dash without hitting an enemy? Like, by turning into a squid, for example. It seems like it would be useful, but it's not wholly necessary (unless that dashing-through-teammate-ink thing is possible, then having a way to not Luigi into Roller range uncontrollably might be needed).
Also, since we heard you were offering this weapon to the Inklings for use in Turf Wars (our second-favorite thing to watch, after Steven Universe), we had a question; what, exactly, would this weapon have for its loadout? You know, what its sub-weapon and Special attack would be. This seems like an important piece of a weapon pitch, but we didn't see it anywhere, so did we miss it? And if we could make a couple of suggestions, #7 suggested Sprinkler/Inkstrike, for a loadout that addresses the assumed-by-7 lack of turf-covering speed inherent in this weapon's design (since it's a Charger offshoot, is the logic he used), while #2 thought Splash Wall/Kraken would be a good defensive loadout (you could charge up the slash behind a wall, then strike through it, or toss it to put a wall between yourself and enemies while you go elsewhere, or put one up for your teammates to use, and Kraken is just awesome, was his reasoning), and #10 figures Splat Bomb/Bubbler might be a workable offensive loadout (using Splat Bombs for long-distance combat, and Bubbler because you have a method of closing the distance with the dashes so it could work well, at least he thinks so). We don't know if those would work (or at least we don't agree), but figured they might be worth throwing out there.
Finally, would you consider changing the name to the Inkatana? Might catch on a bit better with the Inklings. You don't have to - far be it from a bunch of pink marshmallows who couldn't even lift your invention (but we could eat it! We'd probably all get Sword power, though if that one time we swallowed an Octoling (we were just curious, and also she was shooting at us and it was getting kind of annoying; either way, she's fine now) is any indication it might end in Paint Kirbys. This is making us hungry now) to tell you what to do with it - but it's just a thought.

Sincerely,
Kirbys
A small mob of puffballs following our heart.

P.S. Coordinating a group of tiny puffballs to type out cohesive paragraphs on a tablet is surprisingly difficult.

/MyCrappyAttemptToRP

Sincerely,
E. D. Black
Ah, I could make a rationale for this weapon looking like an actual weapon: It's an Octarian weapon. They started a war (and also stole the Great Zapfish, which would probably start Turf War 2: Electric Boogaloo if Agent 3 didn't take it back), so it makes sense that their weapons would be more weapony than weapons made for a national pastime like Turf Wars seem to be for the Inklings. At least, it makes sense to me.

Still, I can see your point. A kiddy-fied version of this could work, though I'm not entirely sure what that would look like. Maybe have a sponge in place of the blade, with a metal thing holding it in place from the top and along the back (though that might look too No More Heroes beam-katana with the metal thing, at least as I just described it)?

Last edited:

ArcEmpyreus

Creative Consultant
((Gonna try RPing for my response, sorry if I'm doing it wrong))

Dr. Octpyrean,

We like your idea (all of us, which is quite an accomplishment. Congrats), it sounds rather unique, fun and not like anything Splatoon has has up to this point. However, we have a couple of questions. Firstly, can you do the dash in midair? Because that seems like it could be possible if you released the charged slash in midair, and it could be rather fun (airdashing is always fun, right?) if it were doable, though the dashing-through-the-ink part makes me wonder if that's actually possible with your Inktana. Secondly, if an Inkling (much as we'd like to, not being ink-based life and also being 10 tiny puffballs means we're banned from actually participating in Turf Wars ourselves, for size-, numerical- and being-invincible-to-all-the-weapons-related reasons) were to use your Inktana in an area covered in their own team's ink, could they slide further than the dash would normally take them (by sliding in the rest of the ink)? Not a necessary thing, I'm just curious. Thirdly, can Inklings using your Inktana's dash cancel the dash without hitting an enemy? Like, by turning into a squid, for example. It seems like it would be useful, but it's not wholly necessary (unless that dashing-through-teammate-ink thing is possible, then having a way to not Luigi into Roller range uncontrollably might be needed).
Also, since we heard you were offering this weapon to the Inklings for use in Turf Wars (our second-favorite thing to watch, after Steven Universe), we had a question; what, exactly, would this weapon have for its loadout? You know, what its sub-weapon and Special attack would be. This seems like an important piece of a weapon pitch, but we didn't see it anywhere, so did we miss it? And if we could make a couple of suggestions, #7 suggested Sprinkler/Inkstrike, for a loadout that addresses the assumed-by-7 lack of turf-covering speed inherent in this weapon's design (since it's a Charger offshoot, is the logic he used), while #2 thought Splash Wall/Kraken would be a good defensive loadout (you could charge up the slash behind a wall, then strike through it, or toss it to put a wall between yourself and enemies while you go elsewhere, or put one up for your teammates to use, and Kraken is just awesome, was his reasoning), and #10 figures Splat Bomb/Bubbler might be a workable offensive loadout (using Splat Bombs for long-distance combat, and Bubbler because you have a method of closing the distance with the dashes so it could work well, at least he thinks so). We don't know if those would work (or at least we don't agree), but figured they might be worth throwing out there.
Finally, would you consider changing the name to the Inkatana? Might catch on a bit better with the Inklings. You don't have to - far be it from a bunch of pink marshmallows who couldn't even lift your invention (but we could eat it! We'd probably all get Sword power, though if that one time we swallowed an Octoling (we were just curious, and also she was shooting at us and it was getting kind of annoying; either way, she's fine now) is any indication it might end in Paint Kirbys. This is making us hungry now) to tell you what to do with it - but it's just a thought.

Sincerely,
Kirbys
A small mob of puffballs following our heart.

P.S. Coordinating a group of tiny puffballs to type out cohesive paragraphs on a tablet is surprisingly difficult.

/MyCrappyAttemptToRP

Ah, I could make a rationale for this weapon looking like an actual weapon: It's an Octarian weapon. They started a war (and also stole the Great Zapfish, which would probably start Turf War 2: Electric Boogaloo if Agent 3 didn't take it back), so it makes sense that their weapons would be more weapony than weapons made for a national pastime like Turf Wars seem to be for the Inklings. At least, it makes sense to me.

Still, I can see your point. A kiddy-fied version of this could work, though I'm not entirely sure what that would look like. Maybe have a sponge in place of the blade, with a metal thing holding it in place from the top and along the back (though that might look too No More Heroes beam-katana with the metal thing, at least as I just described it)?
So I think the biggest confusion here is that I didn't color it. I mention specifically that the edge of the blade is a high capacity sponge. I've thought up an alternative design, however it doesnt quite hit the same cool factor that it looking close to a katakana does. I'll address the rest of your points in the v2.0 of the Inktana. I'll post it probably tonight or tomorrow night.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
a windshield wiper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom