• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Super fast squids?!?!

Mint_Pickles

Inkling
I’m confused... Recently, in splatoon 2, I’ve seen many people with no run speed up or swim speed up, running 10x faster than I can fully maxed out with run speed up and nzap/dapple duelies. It’s particularly been in S+ league with splattershots and N-Zaps. Why?! How?! What?! I know it can’t be lag because it’s consistent, every game, all game. It just makes no sense. Is there any speed hack or something?!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It's likely because weapons have a weight class to them. Most weapons are medium, but some (N-Zap,Dapples,SS Jr.) are classified as lightweight giving them a natural run/swim speed boost at all times. On the flipside, weapons that are heavy(ELiter-4K, Hydra) receive a run/speed debuff at all times making them slower.

Mint_Pickles

Inkling
It's likely because weapons have a weight class to them. Most weapons are medium, but some (N-Zap,Dapples,SS Jr.) are classified as lightweight giving them a natural run/swim speed boost at all times. On the flipside, weapons that are heavy(ELiter-4K, Hydra) receive a run/speed debuff at all times making them slower.
I am very well aware of weight classes. However, it doesn’t make sense to me how I can be against an N-Zap with NO run speed up and have them moving at a way faster rate then me as the same weapon, all maxed out.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I’m confused... Recently, in splatoon 2, I’ve seen many people with no run speed up or swim speed up, running 10x faster than I can fully maxed out with run speed up and nzap/dapple duelies. It’s particularly been in S+ league with splattershots and N-Zaps. Why?! How?! What?! I know it can’t be lag because it’s consistent, every game, all game. It just makes no sense. Is there any speed hack or something?!
Yes! Yes, I've seen this too! I thought I was the only one seeing this! I really can't understand it at all; it's like one second they're in front of me and the next they're on my right or left (or worse yet, behind me!). I just don't understand; I don't get it! I even check their equipment after such a match-up and notice they have no run speed ups or swim speed ups! I'm like, wth! I don't get it at all!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I'm so used to seeing squids scatter like roaches in a bright light these days I just aim for whichever lightspeeding dots are nearest my teammates when it's missile time.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Yes, I've noticed this aswell and so have some of my mates in my clan. We frequently call those players out while we battle via VC so everyone is aware of them and can act accordingly when encountering them on the battlefield. That helps to some extent.

Why is this so? I can only speculate. I feel that recently (past month), "lag" has increased. And while those players are not your typical, obvious lagger, because they do it (as you say) consistently, I do believe it is well tempered and controlled lag. That basically happens in every competitive online game: Players will find a way to manipulate their connection (mostly LAN, as that gives you the best power over your connection) in a way that it benefits their performance in relation to the other players in the room, without disconnecting. That's why you sometimes have strange DCs in weirdly dominating S+ teams: Some player failed in keeping up their trick and the connection crashed on him. Those are not accidental crashes that happen to people on awful wireless-connections: That's failed lag-switching.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
That might be that weird quick dip mechanic.
I've seen a lot of them to know it's something that people are aware of.
You go Squid and then you move in a direction and release it within a second, from your own perspective it may not be much, but on the opponents screen not seeing what you are doing, may look like it's a fast movement or even quick warp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom