Super Jumping

Pokemon5700

Inkling
Hey, I'm new to Squid Boards. I have a quick question. Do you think that Super Jumping is an efficient way to escape danger in Splatoon? I have a habit of jumping to a random teammate when I think I'm gonna get splatted. Most of the time I get splatted in the process, but sometimes it works. My abilities are quick super jump, swim speed up, and ink resistance. I am at level 37 and I am rank A in ranked. Thanks!

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
It's probably much safer to swim away if possible. Unless you have Ninja Jump, I wouldn't risk it personally.

Zolda

Full Squid
I think it can be effective for quick escapes, although it's a big risk. If you can, glance at the map to see if there's a teammate who appears to be at a safe distance in your own ink. Of course if someone is actively shooting at you you don't have time to do that, so you'll just have to hope you get lucky. Even if you do end up landing somewhere that gets you killed, if you were almost certainly going to die in the situation before you jumped anyway, then you didn't really have anything to lose. At worst you'll just delay your death by a few seconds, at best you'll land somewhere safe and survive to fight on. So I'd say it's worth jumping as long as you're certain you're going to die in the situation you're trying to escape. You could always jump back to spawn as well, that's almost always safe.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Jump to spawn, not a random ally. Then yes, it's an effective means of escape since you've invested in some QSJ. As you're jumping, you can safely examine your gamepad to determine if there's a safe spot to jump back to. And because of QSJ, the double jump won't have lost you too much time. This is why I almost never use stealth jump. Stealth jump puts most of its added super jump time into the windup, which will get you killed.

Power

Inkling Commander
Hey, I'm new to Squid Boards. I have a quick question. Do you think that Super Jumping is an efficient way to escape danger in Splatoon? I have a habit of jumping to a random teammate when I think I'm gonna get splatted. Most of the time I get splatted in the process, but sometimes it works. My abilities are quick super jump, swim speed up, and ink resistance. I am at level 37 and I am rank A in ranked. Thanks!
Once your observational skills of the game become decent, super jumping out of combat gets its uses, (once you can recognize a likely inescapable situation)

Examples:
-Kraken is about to run out and you are in enemy ink.
-You are about to get cornered but the enemy is a bit slow to get you.

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
It can also depend on your weapon too. Personally if I were by the hedges in kelp dome and I was using something like a splat roller and saw a squelcher heading my way I'd heavily consider it as an option. Depending on the risk of taking that person on vs. the reward too, and how that might help/hurt your overall teams ability to push the goal. If I'm distracting an enemy from taking a splat zone I'm more willing to mess with them and potentially die for it than jump away and let their attention be focused on taking back the goal.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I've never actually tried to Super Jump away from an opponent. If I'm in danger, I suppose my first instinct isn't to look for a team mate to Super Jump to but - rather - to attempt to swim away or fight if my roller has the upper hand against whoever is gunning for me. I think though that if I ever did think about Super Jumping away as a means of escape, I'd probably prefer just to jump back to Spawn rather than a random team mate. The thing with jumping to a team mate is that it is hard to tell if they are in danger as well. The mini map only tells you so much and you have to make an educated guess on where the opposing team may be - and your guess may not always be correct. So I feel like it would always be safer to simply Super Jump back to Spawn in order to give yourself a few seconds to regroup your thoughts and because it is overall safer.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
If you're corned, hit the bottom right of the gamepad screen and it takes me back to spawn. Normally tho I try swimming away, especially since I run swim speed on most of my setups.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
A more obscure Super Jump method is if you have beacons and have the ink for it, you can set one down as a weak temporary shield, move behind it, super jump onto it while it's being destroyed, and then use the split second in the air to situate a surprise counterattack on the person advancing. Super jumping on beacons this way can also be used as a trap to flank when your opponents are in an aggressive push.

TacticalSquid

Inkling
NNID
CressPlaysGames
If you can swim away fast enough then swim. If you have no choice then super jump away to a safe spot. Thats why I use beacons most of the time so I can set them in a safe place and jump away into a secure spot when I need to.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i've used it if i get cornered/trapped in a bottleneck and my teammates are dead or far away. it takes time and is risky both jumping and landing, but it can save respawning/traveling time if you perform it successfully.

i'm usually one of the most players with the highest kill counts in the match, though, so it's more common for me just to lash out and take someone with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom