Super Sea Snails From Judd??

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
if you talked to Judd before getting the SSS bonus after the splatfest, he would of told you you will now get a SSS for every 30 wins !

not consecutive, just overall. the max turf war coin bonus has been boosted to 1000 too. so it works out in that sense, 30 TW matches is 30k, which is how much a SSS is worth :>

i'm pretty fond of this, it's actually better for me too, since i couldn't participate in Splatfests very much.

Gatsby

Pro Squid
if you talked to Judd before getting the SSS bonus after the splatfest, he would of told you you will now get a SSS for every 30 wins !

not consecutive, just overall. the max turf war coin bonus has been boosted to 1000 too. so it works out in that sense, 30 TW matches is 30k, which is how much a SSS is worth :>

i'm pretty fond of this, it's actually better for me too, since i couldn't participate in Splatfests very much.
That's nice because I had the same problem of being unavailable during splatfests.

What if you win 60 is that 2 right there

Last edited:

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm not sure how I feel about obtaining 30 wins for a snail. It seems a bit too much for just ONE of them. It makes sense in terms of winning as Cuttlefish has stated but... I don't know... 30 for 1... ehhhhh. I'm glad that Nintendo did add an alternative to getting Snails. I thought they'd just be like "You're on your own, kiddos. Better fork over 30k".

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm not sure how I feel about obtaining 30 wins for a snail. It seems a bit too much for just ONE of them. It makes sense in terms of winning as Cuttlefish has stated but... I don't know... 30 for 1... ehhhhh. I'm glad that Nintendo did add an alternative to getting Snails. I thought they'd just be like "You're on your own, kiddos. Better fork over 30k".
I think the new method is a great way to keep people interested in playing despite the fact that there are no more splatfests. It could be just me, but turf wars aren't that long and it isn't that hard to win if you get the right team, so that's pretty neat. At least its just wins per rotation i think? not consecutive. The money for winning is pretty good too so look forward to that too.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I think the new method is a great way to keep people interested in playing despite the fact that there are no more splatfests. It could be just me, but turf wars aren't that long and it isn't that hard to win if you get the right team, so that's pretty neat. At least its just wins per rotation i think? not consecutive. The money for winning is pretty good too so look forward to that too.
No, the games aren't that long, but there's the issue, getting the right team. Splatoon does have a habit of pitting a horribly unbalanced team against a diverse team in TW (and Ranked in a few cases... seriously 3 Rollers and a Shooter on Arowana SZ... it didnt end well...). There's also being "gud" which in my case is hit or miss, so that could be altering my view on the system a bit but meh. I'm not saying it's a bad system (in fact, this should've been implemented MUCH earlier), I just don't think the payoff of 1 snail per 30 wins is worth it.

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
Is there a way to miss your opportunity for the snail? Like if you play but don't collect on Monday will it be there for you Wednesday? Thanks!

Xeze

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XezeMaster
This is great and will make people more interested in turf wars too. Plus with the new 1000 win bonus for turf wars, getting cash is also easier.

Gatsby

Pro Squid
This is great and will make people more interested in turf wars too. Plus with the new 1000 win bonus for turf wars, getting cash is also easier.
Probably because you got the snails from playing turf war. Would be why they did the bonus increase. Keep regular mode interesting.

If you are stuck in C rank and can get at least 1000p during the turf war, then doing the turf war is a better money making strategy: more money, shorter games, still get sea snails.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
At least its just wins per rotation i think?
No, that'd be horrible. At best, with a 50% win rate, four minutes to a game (allowing all of the frills before and after), you literally take the full four hours and just barely scrape it. The victory count is collected overall, across rotations and even many days if need be.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
agreed i find myself playing some turf wars now when i don't like tha game mode with the map in ranked................. nice to have the option to build for a snail and some cash

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
I really like this update. 30 wins gets you a snail, but winning gives you a bonus 1000. So once you get 30 wins you get 30,000 and a snail, effectively rewarding you with two rerolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom