• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Taking advantage of the switch's region free?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
I'm thinking about which regions (yes I know I can add them all but I don't want to clutter up my switch) to add and generally weighing the whole point with pros and cons.

e.g. I can get early releases. But I'll get those in my native language eventually anyway.

How often do you think JP will have pure exclusives to the Japanese region, which is not sent over to Asia? My main concerns here is access to the games and the language barrier.

As an EU guy. I don't think there's a point for Canada. But NA sometimes gets games where EU never gets them or because Germany censors or blocks the localisation.

I hear Asia gets ports with english subs (usually poor), but some games never leave JP shores ever.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
From the EU myself. Had the same question as you, but I eventually decided to just make three accounts. Also didn't want to clutter up my Switch but believe me when I tell you that several accounts are beneficial. It's completely different from how several accounts worked on the Wii U.
It's not just helpful for purchases in the Japanese and US eShop, but also for save files. Unlike the Wii U, you don't really have to switch between accounts either. Before any account-specific action they will merely ask you which account you wish to choose (which I think they still do even if you only have one account). That's it. The other accounts won't clutter up the Switch in any other way and take little to no space either. And even if that one insignificant aspect of asking you which account you wish to use bothers you, you can disable that in the menu.

My suggestion is for you to try it out. See how it feels and see if the Switch feels clutettered to you, because I'm convinced it won't. I'm the most minimalistic person I know, and if it doesn't manage to bother me, it's hardly likely it's going to bother anyone else. You can at any desired point delete the additional accounts you make, so you should try it and consider making an account for each region if it turns out you feel comfortable with three accounts.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
From the EU myself. Had the same question as you, but I eventually decided to just make three accounts. Also didn't want to clutter up my Switch but believe me when I tell you that several accounts are beneficial. It's completely different from how several accounts worked on the Wii U.
It's not just helpful for purchases in the Japanese and US eShop, but also for save files. Unlike the Wii U, you don't really have to switch between accounts either. Before any account-specific action they will merely ask you which account you wish to choose (which I think they still do even if you only have one account). That's it. The other accounts won't clutter up the Switch in any other way and take little to no space either. And even if that one insignificant aspect of asking you which account you wish to use bothers you, you can disable that in the menu.

My suggestion is for you to try it out. See how it feels and see if the Switch feels clutettered to you, because I'm convinced it won't. I'm the most minimalistic person I know, and if it doesn't manage to bother me, it's hardly likely it's going to bother anyone else. You can at any desired point delete the additional accounts you make, so you should try it and consider making an account for each region if it turns out you feel comfortable with three accounts.
Yeah I heard breath of the wild doesn't have the three save files, weird seeing as they intended to have several extra modes.

Upon reflection I'm leaning on making an Asia account since its occasionally able to have english while JP almost never does it. Here's hoping JP exclusives don't happen.

Due to the currently limited library on the switch I'm assuming EU and US will eventually get each other's localisations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom