Taking the extra step?

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Ello all

So I was wondering if anyone is going the extra mile and buying a USB Ethernet adapter for their Wii U.

I'm not too knowledgeable with shooters but I do (did) play a decent amount of Fighting games and wiring my PS3 made things a lot better for hosting rooms.

I figure I'll pick one up for my Wii U when I get the chance, if it'll make a difference in this setting.

Anyone already have one? If so, how did the testfire feel?

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
If you have under 20 ping wirelessly you don't need to buy one. Your concern should be against opponents with high ping. I'm expecting people to be banned from online tournaments and competition that have >100 ping.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
If you have under 20 ping wirelessly you don't need to buy one. Your concern should be against opponents with high ping. I'm expecting people to be banned from online tournaments and competition that have >100 ping.
Well, my ping is fine wireless, but those occasional dropped packets can be a huge pain in the rear.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I wish I could, but there's no ethernet jack in my room. I don't think it'll make too big of a difference in a shooter like this. Especially since there's no regional matchmaking, I expect the Japanese players will be a much bigger bottleneck that will dwarf the few millisecs from wifi.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I would, if I could find one. But, I think Splatoon's online is pretty good compared to Smash 4. But they're two different games.

Last edited:

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I would, I could find one. But, I think Splatoon's online is pretty good compared to Smash 4. But they're two different games.
I can only imagine how bad Smash 4 is if ya'll talk about it like this.

I'll probably pick one up when I get the extra cash.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
I went wired for Smash, so I am wired for Splatoon. Considering the fact that I never lagged once in all the test fires I played, I can say that if you do lag somehow, then someone else has a really, really bad connection. Anyways, there is no harm in hard wiring your Wii U, so go for it.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018

Input delay, followed by slowdown if ping spikes above the delay. Worse than playing Melee on an HDTV.

Someone please explain to Nintendo what rollback is. If we could have GGPO Smash, I would be so happy.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
There was like 0 Lag during the Testfire so i don'T thing you will need an adapter

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

It depends on your on yours and your opponents internet. Because my internet is not that great, I generally get a lot of lag.

Numanumaking13

Inkling
NNID
numanumaking21
Just at out curiosity how can you tell how many pings you have on the Wii U?

Makkool

Inkling
NNID
Makkool
Ello all

So I was wondering if anyone is going the extra mile and buying a USB Ethernet adapter for their Wii U.

I'm not too knowledgeable with shooters but I do (did) play a decent amount of Fighting games and wiring my PS3 made things a lot better for hosting rooms.

I figure I'll pick one up for my Wii U when I get the chance, if it'll make a difference in this setting.

Anyone already have one? If so, how did the testfire feel?
I just got one today (my WiFi has been acting up) so I will let you know how it goes. From what I have heard DO NOT by the Nintendo one for $25.00. That is over-priced and you can buy a 3rd party one for around $8. I will let you know how it works when I have the chance to test it out.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Yea, the testfire was pretty good. giving the concept of this shooter i really don't think it's worth the extra dollars unless you're super serious about going competitive or you got terribly high ping

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
@Makkool Thanks a bunch, lemme know whenever you get the chance.

@Moteki I just like to have the smoothest experience possible. I don't get angry over much in games; lag is one of the few things that manages to do that.

MINUS

The Once and Future King
NNID
TRUEB7UE
I have the adapter myself and honestly it made such an improvement for smash, it was $15 well spent. Even though Splatoon seemed to do just fine wirelessly (from what I've heard), why not guarantee yourself the best connection?

If you have the money: Do it.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
I was looking at that one, funnily enough.

I have the adapter myself and honestly it made such an improvement for smash, it was $15 well spent. Even though Splatoon seemed to do just fine wirelessly (from what I've heard), why not guarantee yourself the best connection?

If you have the money: Do it.
Yep, I probably will a week or two after release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom