Talk Dirty to Me: Better Communication for Effective Strategy Execution

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
So I'm going to start this thread with the ideas that Tony bounced my way about ways we can communicate more effectively and in a more helpful way.

Right now, our primary phrases in game are along the lines of "insert-weapon in insert-location" and that's all fine and good, but Tony points out that a lot of the time, we can all see that anyway. So how can we change our communication methods to be more helpful to the team? By changing the way we approach a match and singling out the most important information; Talking quick and dirty details to each other and focusing less on who killed us and more on where the map is compromised.

Tony suggests this (I'm directly quoting his texts to me):

This would require us to be more structured in what we say but I think it would help. Right off the bat one thing I'm thinking is to ALWAYS have 3 forward people and 1 person flanking. 1 of the 3 people should actively be pushing objective at all times. Whenever someone dies, we shouldn't just say "I'm down, *weapon* is *location*" because usually everyone else can see that anyways. What we SHOULD say is "Flank down" or something and then maybe a weapon. What we need to keep track of is who we have out and what they're covering. Similar callouts for "Objective down" or "forward down". Then we react and reroute.

To clarify, I mean one person covering flank. Not necessarily flanking. So if flank goes down, someone has to go cover it. And only push forward if we have even or greater numbers.

This would also require us to have an order of operations of sorts. Who swaps to what in what order? Objective pusher should be the last to move, so a different forward person should cover flank if that goes down.
I think Tony is seriously on to some good ****. Communicating and working together in this way might be the change we need to make to really up our coordination and make it easier for us to maintain control of the map.

So I think our best bet would be to decide who plays what position for each map/mode. Since there are 8 of us, for each map 6 people would play forward and 2 would play flank (changing this up depending on map, i.e.: walleye might need 2 flanks) that way we have duplicates to swap in and out depending on map preference. Obviously we may need to go through some trial and error to figure out who's best in what position, and it may even change depending on our weapon comp. But having a general idea of who will be where I think would be a good start for us.

Thoughts?

XCuber2

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XCuber2
This is a really good idea. It would allow us to know exactly what to do when one person goes down so there are hopefully no holes in our team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom