Team issues in Splat Zones

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
So in Splat Zones, I think I have some good skill, but I tend to get stuck in a group of people who just cannot play good, or go off doing their own thing. I haven't seen other people have this major issue, but its been there forever for me. I got to rank A today, and then got pulled to a high B- because of my team. This has been a huge problem for me, is anyone else having this issue???

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I'm sure the majority of people on this forum are tbh. I, myself, am having this issue.
It really gets frustrating at times. Especially the people who act like they can go 1v4 and win the match, but end up getting everything ruined.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
That is just how it is in Solo Queue, in any game. It is also why in a lot of games, netplay is considered a casual thing. Just play to better yourself, and have fun.

Eventually you'll get good enough to carry (most) matches, except the extremely lopsided ones.

Personally, I'm just staying away from ranked period. It isn't worth it, I don't find the mode fun and some meaningless Letter near my name ain't gonna make it fun.

Setu

That is just how it is in Solo Queue, in any game. It is also why in a lot of games, netplay is considered a casual thing. Just play to better yourself, and have fun.

Eventually you'll get good enough to carry (most) matches, except the extremely lopsided ones.

Personally, I'm just staying away from ranked period. It isn't worth it, I don't find the mode fun and some meaningless Letter near my name ain't gonna make it fun.
Exactly, I find the letter to be meaningless as well, so what is there to lose when playing splat zones?

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Exactly, I find the letter to be meaningless as well, so what is there to lose when playing splat zones?
On the flip side, Splat Zones still irritates me, so I do have something to lose.

My (mostly) Regular Blood Pressure

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I'm personally just waiting for things to level out before I bother trying to climb. when everyone is where they should be I'll give it a go. There is a lot of luck in rolling a team, and you won't be able to carry entire teams yourself oftentimes (especially if you're using a charger, which needs good friendlies to set up pressure lines so you can do work). So just break from it and tear up some turf war if you get salty or irritated, then roll another team and try and play your best.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I like the mode, but it is irritating with a bunch of random people doing nothing. Once august hits and we can play with friends and squads, I think the mode will really kick off. But I think this is the big reason a lot of people are finding the mode lackluster. Its usually a team with 4 good people vs a team with a good player and 3 people just trying to snag free money

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
I think the issue has got better since Splat Zones' release, but it is definitely still there.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
My main issue mostly isn't to be paired with sub-par-players, but that fact that I don't really get to know how well I performed in a match. So I don't have an indicator when I did good or bad and don't really know, whether I should improve or change my game. Yes, there is KDR, but this shows only half the truth.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
The number one rule to me of splat zones, is STAY OUT OF THE SPLAT ZONES OR YOU WILL DIE! And it seems that all my team mates do is hide in the ink of the splat zones.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Yep, that's true. I noticed this early on, too. The only stage where hiding in the zone isn't all that bad is Urchin Underpass, but only if your team dominates a lot.

Chaozrush21

Full Squid
NNID
dotmae
I been having the same problem since release. Why am I being paired with sub-par players? I find myself to be at least decent at Splatoon, decent enough to carry the team in Turf War. It just that how can we win if my teammates aren't even making they're self helpful by helping each other out? Don't even get me started on the people that just camp in one area and literally do nothing to help the team. Splat Zones, oh god Splat Zones don''t even get me started on the type of sub-par people that play that mode. I just can't wait till we have a True Rank Battle mode that will par you with people that are as skilled as you kinda like SSB4 online works.

Cloudy Venom

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cloudyvenom
You know this is actually something i have avoided, although when my team gets utterly decimated i throw it up to bad luck although it coulda been my team was just being a butt. I'm a charger user so i normally don't just jump in the ink chaos and and instead i see myself as a supporter

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
It happens to me sometimes, but there was always something I could have done better myself, so I focus on getting good instead of complaining. The only times I complain are when I get like 1100 on the losing team in turf wars, or have a ridiculous kda in zones.

I remember this one time I got like 1550 and triple killed the enemy team in their base in the last seconds in turf war, and we barely won. I was pretty salty about that xd

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
If you lose, just leave the lobby and pray you get decent mates. If you're good enough, you can carry the team; to an extent. Oh and also pick weapons suited for w/e the maps are.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
It happens to me sometimes, but there was always something I could have done better myself, so I focus on getting good instead of complaining. The only times I complain are when I get like 1100 on the losing team in turf wars, or have a ridiculous kda in zones.

I remember this one time I got like 1550 and triple killed the enemy team in their base in the last seconds in turf war, and we barely won. I was pretty salty about that xd
Well that's the thing about this for me. I always find myself doing my job and helping my own team, but they never do the same. Its like nobody understands that its a team based game, ESPECIALLY splat zones.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Well that's the thing about this for me. I always find myself doing my job and helping my own team, but they never do the same. Its like nobody understands that its a team based game, ESPECIALLY splat zones.
You can always get better, you can't change the people on your team. It happens to everyone, there is a reason other people are A+ (it isn't because they never get bad teams). Just focus on bettering your gameplay. Almost every time I die I look back on it and try not to die the same way again.

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
As some of you said above, it's like people forget it's a team game. NOBODY tries to help you and it's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom