• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Teams for Competitions

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
I was thinking since the August update is around a month for now,how are we going to determine teams for competitions and tourneys against other squads?

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
I believe the only real rule we have established so far concerning teams is that we'll have mostly NA teams and 1 or 2 EU teams. Feel free to correct me on this, anybody. While setting up our teams for the August update is great, I personally think we should set up teams after the update so we can all be in a private lobby and gauge what players we want to "draft".
It doesn't hurt to start talking about teams, though. Maybe we should have some sort of compilation of everyone's main weapon(s) so we can balance and optimize each other out.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Yes by now everyone should be a pro with the controls and must have had practice with each weapon. It will be a matter of balancing teams. Balancing is the way to win as we are not agains't each other since we are all a whole team so everyone should agree to a level of balance. There might be a bad member at defending so a dedicated player with good offensive can assist them as they cover more ground and leave less time for defending for the inkling with less defensive capabilities so he/she can focus on what it's good which could be recon, decoy, sniping, setting barriers, assisting, covering the stage in as much ink as possible.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
Yeah. We should start thinking up some teams. I feel kinda ashamed of myself, since I haven't played Splatoon since the Smash DLC update, and that's probably made me a bit rusty, so I'm not sure how I'll do in a team, but give me a few days before, during, and after Splatfest, and I should be good to go... again XD

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Well, I'm an Inkbrusher over here if anyone needs me. I like to flank the enemy from behind while my allies either help sandwich the enemy or completes objectives like taking over a Splat Zone. I usually don't get many kills, but I've saved my team's hide many times. I'm also always the first guy at the main objective due to my speed.

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
I use inkbrush as well. Honestly, I'm a bit concerned about my skills and what I could bring to a team, I feel like I have a really long way to go. I was feeling pretty good, and then got into a match against level 20s and got completely trashed. The few of you who I've played with so far definitely seem above my skill level. I'm getting better with practice, though!

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
I'm very good with the Inkbrush,but I specialize mostly in shooter weapons.Specifically the .52 Gal Deco,Luna Blaster,and Splattershots.Along with that I'm decent with a Eliter-3K.

When it comes to balancing teams,I think we should try to have a good mix between Shooters,Rollers,and Chargers.Additionally,we should try to use weapons that have specials and subs that can really help out the team.

TheLuigiInkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GamerSackboy1996
I usually use the N-Zap (Or whatever it was called) since it helps me cover more area faster and can kill pretty quickly if I aim correctly. I either go in for kills, cover the ground, or ambush a player who'd try to take one of my team's zones. I've done well in most cases, but in others, I get wrecked... HARD... So it really depends on the situation.

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
I play fairly confrontational.If I see an enemy,I try to take them out as quickly as possible and then return to helping hold the Zone or claiming Turf.

Swoodward

Inkling
NNID
SquidKidCody
I main Dynamo Roller (Normal), Luna blaster and probably the Sploosh-o-Matic when it comes out. Ill join any NA Team you guys need. Also i think the team should be 2 Shooters, 1 charger and 1 roller for turf war and splat zone, but i think rollers are sorta useless in tower control

Last edited:

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
Rollers can be useful in Tower Control.They're good for pressuring the enemy to get off of the Tower.

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
Who wants to be on a US team with me?My best weapons are the both Gal weapons,Splash-O-Matic,Brushes,and E-Liter 3K.I can use different weapons but those are my best.

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
I'm willing to play with anybody who is willing to put up with my busy-ish schedule :p

It's not that bad, in seriousness, I can play on pretty much any Sat/Sun, just not weekdays usually. My fav weapon is inkbrush, but these days I'm using a tenetek (no idea how to actually spell that) or a splatershot pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom