Tempered Dynamo Roller Impressions

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
So Sheldon Picks is out and there's a new Dynamo for us. I did test on Sheldon's balloons and looks interesting, having seekers to help on moving seems a nice boost to Dynamo mobilty.

What are your impressions for this weapon? Have you tried playing it?

Thanks!

Scones

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shcones
I don't main dynamos but I've played around with it a bit. You charge wail so fast it's hilarious. Seekers are underwhelming as usual but actually useful to get around because the jump, flick, swim method is pretty slow especially with the swim speed nerf. It doesn't eclipse the other dynamos but it isn't weak either. It's particularly strong on triggerfish and is going to be the best dynamo for port mackerel for sure. I have yet to test it on arowana mall but I think it can be a good fit there as well. Other maps such as flounder heights are probably better for previous versions.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
Tried out the Tempered Dynamo in Turf War on Bluefin Depot, Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and Mahi-Mahi Resort, in Splat Zones on Camp Triggerfish, in Rainmaker on Bluefin Depot and Arowana Mall, and in Tower Control on Blackbelly Skatepark and Hammerhead Bridge.

I was a bit wary of this Dynamo because of the Seekers, but turns out they actually work pretty well. I’m a vanilla Dynamo main, and so I’m used to having to rely solely on the main weapon to fight. I haven’t used Seekers much before this, but I feel like they have real potential, especially for a weapon that’s so clunky to move around with. As for the Killer Wail, of course, it’s as good as you can make it. I’d recommend stacking Ink Recovery Up and/or Ink Saver abilities as well as Special Saver, and of course some Swim Speed if you have room left to offset the nerf.

Overall, I think the Tempered Dynamo is a force to be reckoned with. And on top of everything, it looks really cool!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm actually really liking the Tempered Dynamo Roller. I didn't think that I'd actually like it more than the regular Dynamo since it does have Seekers on it. Seekers are really more useful than they get credit for but its true they're not very helpful on all of the maps like some subs can be. They really compliment the Dynamo though. It makes for much faster travel for the Tempered Dynamo without having to rely on your teammates for assistance. It's really a nice addition and on flatter maps, it makes getting the upper hand at the start a lot easier since you can travel much faster with the Tempered Dynamo in hand. Really nice. c:

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I agree, played Splatzones on Museum and Moray Towers. To travel fast with this weapon is fantastic, when using Dynamo I was normally the last of the group to "enter the game", not anymore. Using Megaphone Laser is a great special to mess with snipers and it charges relatively fast with this weapon.
On rainmaker I think the swim speed nerf messed things when carrying it, so I was more to give support to another person than picking up the rainmaker.

What build do you think would boost this weapon's style? I mean, instead of covering weakness, buffing its strong points.

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
I agree, played Splatzones on Museum and Moray Towers. To travel fast with this weapon is fantastic, when using Dynamo I was normally the last of the group to "enter the game", not anymore. Using Megaphone Laser is a great special to mess with snipers and it charges relatively fast with this weapon.
On rainmaker I think the swim speed nerf messed things when carrying it, so I was more to give support to another person than picking up the rainmaker.

What build do you think would boost this weapon's style? I mean, instead of covering weakness, buffing its strong points.
I think stacking swim speed is a good idea to both overcome the Dynamo's new swimming nerf and to work in conjunction with Seekers as quick ink trails.

Seekers cost a ton of ink so ink saver is probably a good idea. Not sure if main or sub saver will work out better in the long run. Ink recovery for similar reasons.

Special charge up can get Killer Wail even faster. Maybe even in one swing if you stack enough of it and/or get a splat? That's probably impossible, but it sounds hilarious.

Scones

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shcones
Seekers cost a ton of ink so ink saver is probably a good idea. Not sure if main or sub saver will work out better in the long run. Ink recovery for similar reasons.
I think Ink saver main is better because seekers received an ink efficiency buff and you flick much more frequently than you send seekers. Having both on a build would be fine but ink saver main has priority in most situations. It would be more useful on maps that you use seekers more often such as Port.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
I honestly think for this you should run SSU (bc of the nerf) Ink Recovery, and Special Charge.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Special charge up can get Killer Wail even faster. Maybe even in one swing if you stack enough of it and/or get a splat? That's probably impossible, but it sounds hilarious.
Yes! This boost sounds interesting, this special is relatively cheap and can be useful!
At least for me, seeker wasn't used that much to compete for slots against Ink Saver for Main Weapon. I did only use it to travel around ou mess with someone too far away.

Are seekers good for running away?

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I don't think they're great for running away, they leave a clear path, but they're definitely better for the Dynamo fleeing rather than trying to flick your way out, so it could work.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias

I run Special Saver, Swim Speed, Ink Resistance, and Ink Recovery. I used to run Ink Recovery on top of Ink Saver Main, but I had to bench my old build to compensate for the nerf. I also had to give up on Cold-Blooded. It's been working pretty well for me all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom