Tenta Brella

Sorostorm

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8568-8823-3001
I’m a recent tenta brella main and I’m wondering on how to get better at it. Any recommendations?

insomneea

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6985-7816-4672
im not a tent main, but i do have some experience playing it & learning how to fight it

tent's most important job, and the thing it does best, is staying alive. When you're playing aggressively, try to put yourself in positions where you can attract the attention and resources of the other team without immediately dying.
Approaching from off-angles is generally the best way to do this because it forces the enemy team to split their attention between your teammates and your shield.

If you ever find yourself in a situation where you think you're going to die, keep in mind that jumping out to teammates, beakons, or even back to spawn is always an option.

If you can't find a good opening for an off-angle, you can still stick around the rest of your team and shoot your tent toward the enemies to keep up the pressure & paint.

These r just generalizations of tent's playstyle but i hope it can help you improve :) GL in your tent endeavors!

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
Its survivability in weird situations is a good attribute but there are a decent few ways to play tent! Many people play quick respawn tent, and actually die a fair bit. The most important thing to learn and improve is your canopy placement. Whenever you deploy your canopy, you want to be able to get good value out of it as it takes a little while to respawn. Try to send it somewhere you can't easily have a bomb thrown at the back of the shield and get you killed, and somewhere you won't be in danger if it starts to get shredded and you have some kind of escape route. Your goal as a tent when you deploy your canopy is to create a disruption and create a spot for your teammates to play off. They can make good use of the tent shield as well, but the distraction and pressure applied by a mobile barrier with a one shot is a great thing for your teammates to play off. Try to make sure your shield has adequate space to move, if you shoot it into a wall, it's highly unlikely it'll do as much as if you shoot it into a big choke point with few off angles around it for you to get picked in. Practice your movement around the shield, try to stay very close to it when its deployed if you intend to follow it, and back up efficiently. The other thing I would say is to learn how to use your kits. Both of the specials have amazing synergy with the tent shield - ink vac can make it even harder to challenge you and can brute force your way into checkpoints and tent shield + zooka is very scary and can help protect you while you pop zook and let you pop it in better spots. your subs are really useful as well, beakon is good to deploy in general for your team to jump into (especially if you run a few subs of sub power up)! And ink mine is great to deploy while you're moving up with your shield or backing out, as it can help combo with people into indirect tent shots and hold down space while you do your thing in their face. If you want to see some good tent gameplay, you should check out chikashi's youtube channel! They're a top JP tent and stream like every day https://www.youtube.com/@chikashi_james

kenta_ink

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8341-6131-5056
To add another question to this, what are some functional tent comps we’ve seen? Could Inkstorm Tent comps be a strong option?

takoyakispl

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8500-0519-8026
To add another question to this, what are some functional tent comps we’ve seen? Could Inkstorm Tent comps be a strong option?
tent nautilus could definitely work, tent range seems pretty strong as well. As long as you have some kind of strong slayer I dont see why tent wouldn't work, it's in a good spot right now

ø Qwerty

Inkling
To add something small, if you run one sub of main saver it gives room for a tent deploy and mine placement at a full ink tank!

Charis

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3317-0489-1600
I’m a recent tenta brella main and I’m wondering on how to get better at it. Any recommendations?
Launching shield and moving with it (known as riding shield) allows you to reposition to avoid taking damage from either side. This allows you to threaten big damage (with the one shot potential) while being hard or take down. Getting into positions where the enemy has to go out of their way to deal with you allows you to take resources + time away from the enemy, this is especially good on zones when your team is in control. The important thing is to make sure you launch shield where you can ride it and still have an impact without being easy to shred, for example, launching it in your base where ther aren’t enemies won’t do anything, and launching it at 4 enemies that don’t have to turn to focus you makes u very easy to punish. There’s more to it of course but getting good at tent starts with learning how to ride shield effectively and minimizing risk while maximizing time and resources wasted on you

KeenSaysGM

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4345-2051-1930
It's okay to die with it, but the big thing is being the resource drain bc you need to use bombs/specials to kill one with a lot of weapons

Good players will ignore you if you're not in a spot that currently matters though and you need to get really good at 1/2 pumping people with Tent for the people who will run at it to overwhelm it which is especially gonna happen with cooler or weapons that do well vs Tent like 52/swords

If you're threatening enough to punish people who get too close, but can also stall a ton and jump out/back after your jump is done/you're about to die, you're golden.

Also if you wanna see gameplay, check out Shadowind. We were teammates in S2 and both Tent players are high/top level, though he pushes Tent in 3 more than I do these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom