Tenta Missles Special Nerf?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I don't mean the weapon itself, though I still think that it needs a nerf, I mean all the weapons that have it. When I faced again 2 Splat Dualies, literally every 5 seconds were Tenta Missiles. In addition, Jet Squelcher has a pretty far cover rage, but it's special meter is 180p, so you can get your special all the time. It's probably just me, but I think that they need a nerf.

uhhhhhhhh

Inkster Jr.
Yes but when someone uses it they are always a sitting duck!

Nothing beats splatting someone before they can launch them!!! :)

NOICE

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7409-1615-2211
It would be cool if they would conditionally increase the requirement for filling the special gauge depending on how many tenta missile users are on your team (and I guess any special, for that matter). I played on Port Mackerel (very cramped & hard to avoid missiles during battle) earlier against multiple tenta users, one of which had special charge up as the main on all 3 pieces of gear. It was absurd how badly we did...it felt like there were missiles being fired at our team the entire match :(

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There isn't a problem here. We ARE talking about a special that you can simply walk away from if you're aware it's coming. If you're being forced back and having to move out of the way of incoming missiles, doesn't matter how many enemies have it, that's by design. In terms of game balance, it's no different from multiple specials of any kind - I've witnessed multi-baller blitzes and paired splashdowns that are equally devastating.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I mean, tenta missles are really as effective as to how bad your team is postioned.

If you and a couple of your mates are holding hands together like a bunch of sissies, tenta missles is there to punish it, as your team just took a barrage of 12 missles heading for you. And in the confusion, you might suffer a couple losses. Typically though, if the tenta missle user locks on only one or two targets, the effect isn't that threating. Just run around in a circle or move after a little while when locked on.

Sure, getting spammed with tenta missles is annoying, but you should probably hunt the nerd who's spamming them if they're giving you that much trouble.

Tenta missle spam isn't nearly as annoying as ink armor spam though. Unless you want to lose every team fight to armor chaining, you should try and pick off the ink armor user themselves.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I think they're fine, personally. Easy enough to avoid and do their job well.
There isn't a problem here. We ARE talking about a special that you can simply walk away from if you're aware it's coming. If you're being forced back and having to move out of the way of incoming missiles, doesn't matter how many enemies have it, that's by design. In terms of game balance, it's no different from multiple specials of any kind - I've witnessed multi-baller blitzes and paired splashdowns that are equally devastating.
I mean, tenta missles are really as effective as to how bad your team is postioned.

If you and a couple of your mates are holding hands together like a bunch of sissies, tenta missles is there to punish it, as your team just took a barrage of 12 missles heading for you. And in the confusion, you might suffer a couple losses. Typically though, if the tenta missle user locks on only one or two targets, the effect isn't that threating. Just run around in a circle or move after a little while when locked on.

Sure, getting spammed with tenta missles is annoying, but you should probably hunt the nerd who's spamming them if they're giving you that much trouble.

Tenta missle spam isn't nearly as annoying as ink armor spam though. Unless you want to lose every team fight to armor chaining, you should try and pick off the ink armor user themselves.
Well, I think that the special itself is fine. On the other hand, the Weapons that have Tenta Missiles (besides H-3, maybe slosher) have great coverage and average - low special gauge fill. I think that the special fill rate for these weapons should be higher to decrease the Tenta spam in certain maps.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I think they're fine, personally. Easy enough to avoid and do their job well.
You two pretty much summarized on how I feel about about Tenta Missles. On their own they do their job as a zoning special and can be pretty easily avoided, but chained with other weapons with the special can be pretty devastating, but the same can be said for most specials when chained together.

Ink Storm chained together can be devastating due to how much area it can deny and how quickly it can cap a splatzone, chaining Ink Armor back to back is obviously very scary for obvious reasons, and I know some of you guys know how devastating it can be when multiple enemy players use bomb rush as the same time.

My rambling aside, all I'm trying to say is that despite how annoying it can be dealing with chained specials I personally don't Tenta Missles really need a nerf because of it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Well, I think that the special itself is fine. On the other hand, the Weapons that have Tenta Missiles (besides H-3, maybe slosher) have great coverage and average - low special gauge fill. I think that the special fill rate for these weapons should be higher to decrease the Tenta spam in certain maps.
Again, that's by design. Tenta missiles by themselves don't do a lot, and the wielder becomes useless and immobile the second they activate it. All these weapons with the tenta missiles take 180 and 190p to activate it. That is actually higher than average, as most weapons take 160-170, with rare and powerful exceptions taking 200 or more. There is NO way to justify this without completely overhauling the special weapon system. Just learn to deal with it instead of calling for nerfs.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
That's special support-style weapons for you. Emperry can't fight like a TTek, but it can get Inkjets like nobody's business. Aero RG still sucks in direct combat, but it can get all the ballers it could possibly ever want to. The custom Jr. is probably going to be the same story with Ink Storm. They have a little bit less fighting power in exchange for getting more specials to work with.

No idea why Jet Squelcher has such a low special requirement though, as it's not the worst at inking and also a reliable fighter.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
You know guys, when you're being targeted not only by two Tenta Missile specials at once, but also have that teammate™ who wants to hold your hand - so you end up with a barrage of 12+ missiles heading for you with no way to avoid your certain doom: too OP, nerf plz.

... Just squidding. The missiles are fine. They're supposed to be a punishment for terrible positioning. If you're able to move independently and further away from mid by the time you assume the special to be full you're gonna have a good time. I'll take a full barrage of these over double/triple Ink Storm / Bubbles anytime. Or five Stingers in Salmon run. R.I.P.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I think the Tentamissiles are one of the best specials in the game, but I don't think they need a nerf.

I just love yelling 'FIRE THE CANNONS!' when I activate the special, then laughing as the enemy team scatter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom