Tentatek Splattershot abilities

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i'm really struggling here for ranked games, i'm a A+ ranked but i keep switching my gear around with this gun like crazy so my question is what build do you tentatek users use generally for ranked games? do you use special charges for inkooza or focus on speeds? if so do u like run over swim and why, anything you guys got would be cool to process in my head lol. thx

i will always use cold blooded and ink resistance there is no turning away from them :)

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
The TTK is a very versatile weapon, so your abilities will depend on the role you want to play. It's not something simple like if you're playing a charger, use damage up.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Which cold blooded and ink resistance gear do you use?

I tend to use this build with my tentatek:
:head_ncp001: :ability_inksavermain:|:ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_swt000: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_bot003: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
And I'm trying to get a perfect shirt there. It has a nice balance of mobility and ink efficiency. If I wanted to go with cold blooded I'd use the Squidstar Waistcoat:
:ability_coldblooded:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I think both swim speed and run speed are very helpful on the tentatek. Swim strafe if you can, run around like crazy if you can't. I've found that ink saver main is more effective than ink saver sub when you want to toss and keep shooting.

I don't usually use special charge up on the tentatek, even though inkzooka takes a while to charge. The gun covers turf well enough and is fairly deadly even without the inkzooka.

I've seen people go full sonic gear though and max out swim speed and run speed. You'd probably want something like:
Golf Visor :head_vis000::ability_runspeed:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: (these subs aren't natural, so will be hard to get)
Black Baseball LS :clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
White Kicks:shoes_lts000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Zolda

Full Squid
As Vitezen already said the Tentatek is very versatile, so there's a wide range of abilities you could use to suit your preferred playstyle. It looks like Tim H. already gave you some good advice in regard to more mobile builds, so my recommendation is based on building up Inkzooka:

:head_eye004::ability_tenacity:l:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
:clothes_plo003: :ability_coldblooded:l:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:

LE Soccer Cleats :ability_inkresistance:l:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

The combination of Tenacity, Special Saver and Special Charge Up will let you charge Inkzooka quite quickly, and this build also retains the Cold-Blooded and Ink Resistance that you mentioned you don't want to lose. Personally I would swap out the Sage Polo for the Gray College Sweat, as I feel that the Tentatek would benefit more from Swim Speed as it's not as dependent on stealth as some other weapons and thus Cold-Blooded isn't as helpful. That being said though Cold-Blooded is certainly never a bad ability to have, so if you really want to keep it then the above suggestion will be fine.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I play against an absurd amount of Splattershots in Ranked Battles. The players who perform the best with them usually balance between Run Speed Up and Swim Speed Up. I have never seen any using exclusive abilities, even Ink Resistance Up.

dbrandts

Inkster Jr.
NNID
brandts-buys
I use one swim speed main, one ink resistance main, one run speed main, six swim speed subs, and the other three subs are two defense up and one ink recovery up. I have had a lot of success baiting my opponent (shooting a few shots while we face each other) then swimming around them in a circle and splatting them from behind. The swim speed is used for gaining the better position and evading. I use the run speed to give me a little more speed when covering turf while strafing, always strafe to cover turf. This ability load out succeeds in maps with open areas, like the center area in mahi mahi resort and walleye warehouse. My play style switches from gaining map control at the start of matches to quickly flanking opponents at the start of matches. The latter requires that your team will hold their ground until you give your surprise attack. The ink recovery up and defense up subs are there because I've had little success in rolling for more swim speeds, ha ha!

CalebGamer13

Inkling
NNID
CalebGamer14
:head_msn000::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_swt006::ability_coldblooded::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

this what I use Swim speed/run speed is good for movement,ink resistance helps with running away when ppl are shoting at you cold blooded helps with not being echolocated as long and damage of so defense up doesn't make your weapon a 4 hit ko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom