• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tentatek users,

Kivvx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kivvxnnid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4332-7325-6621
If you're going to bring the tentatek into a ranked match, play your role correctly and get to the front. You use the tentatek to carry; not to Get carried.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
You don't play Tentatek to carry. You use it because people keep saying it's the best weapon and you get a false sense of confidence that you're better than your teammates by just using it; thus it's their fault you lost.

Kivvx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kivvxnnid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4332-7325-6621
Every tentatek I've seen today has been hanging out back with the charger. Tentatek or not, gunners should play a bit more aggressively. Safely, but aggressively

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
This is what I dislike about people below A+. Always complaining about their teammates. Look, don't be salty. Use your entire team dying to your advantage by simply killing the whole other team by yourself. It's not hard, man. Just because Splatoon is a team based game, doesn't mean you need a team to win.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Tentakek can do everything anyway...Well maybe not being a charger.

novel

Inkster Jr.
every weapon is capable of carry a match (blaster, sniper, etc) . the player is what matters

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I should've started by saying that I'm A+ and this was an A+ match since that matters a lot apparently
You must be new here. The arrogance is strong on this board in the A+ ranks. We are the rare few who don't give a crap, welcome.

Although to address your point, I think it just depends on the situation. I main Tentatek and I'm not going to go guns blazing into every situation, especially if the other team is stacked with weapons that easily out range me. That doesn't mean I will piggyback on a charger (also main with a charger on my sub account, so I get how that is annoying and causes teams to lose) but I find Tentatek excels better at taking advantage of holes in the other teams play and holding position than rushing in and pushing since we can be out ranged by a fair number of weapons. There are a few times my team won the match simply by me staying back and not dying, I may go 2/0 but me being constantly able to defend and hold our half of the zone and from being spawn camped helped us win. There is more than one way to carry.

The real issue is people playing it who haven't learned the weapons strengths and weaknesses and think because in their last match their opponent was "OP" and went 15/0 with a Tentatek means they will pick it up and get that too.

This is what I dislike about people below A+. Always complaining about their teammates. Look, don't be salty. Use your entire team dying to your advantage by simply killing the whole other team by yourself. It's not hard, man. Just because Splatoon is a team based game, doesn't mean you need a team to win.
So what you are saying is you can win an entire ranked match solo 1 v 4? Hardly.

Kivvx

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kivvxnnid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4332-7325-6621
I understand a little more now. Thank you

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I should've started by saying that I'm A+ and this was an A+ match since that matters a lot apparently
Don't assume players will be better because they're higher ranked, Nothing could be further from the truth. People like to think that is how it should be, and that is how it would be if the splatoon ranking system was actually good. But it's not, it's more for fun than anything. Not to say it's easy to get into the As, just to say it's not really an indicator of skill.

I main tentatek and I like to watch the flanks and ambush people. Tentatek is a great gun, but expecting people to go crazy with 1v1 brunt attacks and smash everyone with it and carry is a misconception. You'll still get rekt doing that. You're just one inkling. You can do a lot of work, but you aren't going to win against 4 other inklings without at least minor amounts of help.

Tentatek isn't the best brunt force gun. other guns can pressure better than it and outrange it in a straight up fight, which will be enough to conquer them if maintained well in many situations. it can still pressure, but it will get out pressured by other guns. Tentatek is great at exploiting opportunities to wreck people, and has the inkzooka to use if they can't find a good opportunity to get an up on the opponent's firing line, and sticky bombs are a nice boon to a lot of strategies.

Your example is still playing with a team. Try doing all of that without a team. Unless they're all braindead retarded you're not going to get the succesful ambushes you apparently do, and you certainly won't win in a cold 1v4 from the start unless, again, they're braindead retarded.

A cold flank attack where they aren't distracted is a lot more likely to go wrong than one where you have bullet sponge brainless inklings who couldn't fight off another inkling to save Old Yeller from dying distracting them. The latter case is not playing with no team, it's playing with a bad team. there's a huge difference.

I agree people shouldn't complain about their team when they lose, as that doesn't help them improve. but saying you can win with no team is wrong. Some people on both sides of the coin undervalue what their teammates have done for them, especially if those teammates score badly. People blaming their team sees it and says "oh well I did better, so it's their fault and none of the blame could fall on me" people on the other side say "see? I did that all myself and my teammate did nothing". Even if he goes 0:6 he still did something that helped you, even if that's only acting as a target. When those numbers are all you have to go on, it makes it very easy to fall into that line of thought, since it's not like you have footage of everything everyone did. But it's not the same as playing with no team by a longshot.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Long story short most weapons that have a range that is shorter than a charger shouldn't linger that far back unless they have a specific reason (Enemies have a special, you have an inkstrike, regenerating health, etc.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
Your example is still playing with a team. Try doing all of that without a team. Unless they're all braindead retarded you're not going to get the succesful ambushes you apparently do, and you certainly won't win in a cold 1v4 from the start unless, again, they're braindead retarded.

A cold flank attack where they aren't distracted is a lot more likely to go wrong than one where you have bullet sponge brainless inklings who couldn't fight off another inkling to save Old Yeller from dying distracting them. The latter case is not playing with no team, it's playing with a bad team. there's a huge difference.

I agree people shouldn't complain about their team when they lose, as that doesn't help them improve. but saying you can win with no team is wrong. Some people on both sides of the coin undervalue what their teammates have done for them, especially if those teammates score badly. People blaming their team sees it and says "oh well I did better, so it's their fault and none of the blame could fall on me" people on the other side say "see? I did that all myself and my teammate did nothing". Even if he goes 0:6 he still did something that helped you, even if that's only acting as a target. When those numbers are all you have to go on, it makes it very easy to fall into that line of thought, since it's not like you have footage of everything everyone did. But it's not the same as playing with no team by a longshot.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Just because of the phrasing. ("Simply killing the whole other team by yourself." If only it was that easy.) Maybe my sarcasm goggles are being too sensitive today though.

Getting back on track, the only reason I'd have for hanging around by the charger is because it's borderline impossible for me to push forward. In situations where they've pushed us back way too far and have all the chokes covered. I don't tend to stay hanging around the charger though. If a better option is available or a opportunity opens up, then I'll take it.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I had to stop reading after this because I was laughing so hard. Dear lord, my gut will be so sore for a week that I won't be able to sit up to get out of bed.
His post actually got even better after the first sentence :D

Tentatek is very strong, but not overpowered. If it was, (even) more people would be using it and it would be a breeze to rush to A+ with it getting triple and quad kills all the time you encounter the enemy team. The one thing which is true is that a lot Tentatek users rely on the Inkzooka too much and sometimes waste time charging it. That's one mistake I tend to do when I play with it, too.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
His post actually got even better after the first sentence :D

Tentatek is very strong, but not overpowered. If it was, (even) more people would be using it and it would be a breeze to rush to A+ with it getting triple and quad kills all the time you encounter the enemy team. The one thing which is true is that a lot Tentatek users rely on the Inkzooka too much and sometimes waste time charging it. That's one mistake I tend to do when I play with it, too.
Honestly I think more and more people are using it to get to A+ lately. Oddly a number of my A/A+ matches have been a 3 or 4 person Tentatek team in the past week. Even played a match of 3 Tentatek against 3 other Tentatek.

Special saver is clutch with Tentatek but I don't special spam for it. Inkzooka is the only real way we can win head-on though so I can see why the more aggressive players would rely on it but its not taking full advantage of the weapon to lean on it too much.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
tentatek loses hard to head on fights a lot, so trying to play a long losing pressure game for inkzooka is still often correct. It really depends a lot on your team makeup in randoms. Sometimes you have to kind of do that and brunt force it. But if the makeup is good you can be the guy that moves in when your team does on a slightly different path and tries to be the thorn in the opponents side they can't ignore without getting splatted from the flank. That's when the tentatek really shines. It's an opportunity gun that kills fast and doesn't really fall short in other areas like a lot of guns. It's sub is great at forcing people into inopportune areas or allowing you to run away, something you will do a lot with it, and its special really covers its weak spot very, very well.

It's also really good at the movement game to try and get around guns that have other ups on it, mostly due to its decent cone that doesn't make it lose concentration, allowing you to decently cut off area in a 1v1 and still kill accurately and quickly,meaning it can 1v1 fine if you can get into range. It's just that in many situations you won't be able to, and it's just more prudent to back up. A lot of scrubs don't seem to understand the meaning of retreat, so they make the gun look bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom