• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tentatek users,

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
tentatek loses hard to head on fights a lot, so trying to play a long losing pressure game for inkzooka is still often correct. It really depends a lot on your team makeup in randoms. Sometimes you have to kind of do that and brunt force it.
I feel that's how you get carried though. I'm not against cleaning up an area when there is time/an opportunity to fill special. But I'm not going to go off and intentionally fill it and leave my team/objective. If the only way you/your team is making ground is with your inkzooka/any special then chances are really good you are going to lose since inkzooka/specials are good for pushes but if you cant hold then the control is fleeting.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
This is what I dislike about people below A+. Always complaining about their teammates. Look, don't be salty. Use your entire team dying to your advantage by simply killing the whole other team by yourself. It's not hard, man. Just because Splatoon is a team based game, doesn't mean you need a team to win.
A+ players complain about their teammates too, just sayin'

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I feel that's how you get carried though. I'm not against cleaning up an area when there is time/an opportunity to fill special. But I'm not going to go off and intentionally fill it and leave my team/objective. If the only way you/your team is making ground is with your inkzooka/any special then chances are really good you are going to lose since inkzooka/specials are good for pushes but if you cant hold then the control is fleeting.
yeah, I agree. I wasn't saying you should run away and just clean turf. you'd be playing a losing pressure game: where you're more just retarding them and not holding them totally back and playing sorta safe, and then make your move when the inkzooka is charged. If that's the only way your team can get a push going though, things do tend to be pretty grim.

Shig

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OkidoShigeru
Tentatek user here, I definitely think it's a middle of the road sort of weapon - it's not as in-your-face aggressive as say the Splattershot Jr or Aerospray, nor is it as effective at range like the Splattershot Pro, Gals, or Squelchers. It's for precisely this reason you're seeing a lot of them - it's not always the best choice in every situation, but it's rarely the worst. I've yet to play a game where I thought to myself "man I wish I took *insert weapon here* instead of the Tentatek".

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
This is what I dislike about people below A+. Always complaining about their teammates. Look, don't be salty. Use your entire team dying to your advantage by simply killing the whole other team by yourself. It's not hard, man. Just because Splatoon is a team based game, doesn't mean you need a team to win.
I feel like this is an accurate parody of A+ players

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
The Tentatek is supposedly the statistically best gun when comparing range, damage, fire rate, etc.

But practice is always better than theory.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
The Tentatek is supposedly the statistically best gun when comparing range, damage, fire rate, etc.

The splattershot in general is. it just doesn't really excel anywhere in particular compared to all the other guns. It's just good at everything, super amazing at nothing. no real glaring weaknesses, with inkzooka really doing a lot to support its playstyle, and sticky bombs just being good at a lot of things too.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord

It is supposed to be the basic weapon with a sub and special focused more on kills and control than capturing turf like the vanilla splattershot.

Summerlycoris

Inkster Jr.
NNID
summerlycoris
Tentatek user here, I definitely think it's a middle of the road sort of weapon - it's not as in-your-face aggressive as say the Splattershot Jr or Aerospray, nor is it as effective at range like the Splattershot Pro, Gals, or Squelchers. It's for precisely this reason you're seeing a lot of them - it's not always the best choice in every situation, but it's rarely the worst. I've yet to play a game where I thought to myself "man I wish I took *insert weapon here* instead of the Tentatek".
I have. Admittedly, those games are the games where it seemed half of our team either had Tentateks or other similar guns. So in cases where there's no variation. Situations like that make me wish I was good enough with the nozzlenose to bring it to ranked.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I have. Admittedly, those games are the games where it seemed half of our team either had Tentateks or other similar guns. So in cases where there's no variation. Situations like that make me wish I was good enough with the nozzlenose to bring it to ranked.
I am using the Nozzlenose currently. I had a nice rivalry in a some games with a Tentatek player today. I'd like to think I got the better of him >_>. But like people stated in this thread the Tentatek is an all around weapon, where as the Nozzlenose struggles on some maps. The Nozzlenose counterpart for its weak maps, imo, is the Slosher. You can go all the way to A+ with just the Tentatek, but its hard to do with the Nozzlenose w/o abusing certain time blocks. I have no idea why I like the hard routes =_=.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've gone 23-0 while my teammates couldn't get any kills.
Doesn't mean your team mates didn't do anything at all. At the very least they ink ground giving more maneuverability and were distractions for the other team along with probably helping with the objective whether it was covering and capturing zones or riding the tower.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
I've gone 23-0 while my teammates couldn't get any kills.
I've done similar but win or lose the fact is you still needed them even if their purpose was just bait. Although this seems an awful lot like teammate complaining to me some us A+ers apparently don't do... :rolleyes:

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've done similar but win or lose the fact is you still needed them even if their purpose was just bait. Although this seems an awful lot like teammate complaining to me some us A+ers apparently don't do... :rolleyes:
Every time I get splatted I just tell myself that I bought one of my teammates a little bit of time and it was my plan to distract the opponent all along. It numbs the pain a little.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
Every time I get splatted I just tell myself that I bought one of my teammates a little bit of time and it was my plan to distract the opponent all along. It numbs the pain a little.
Especially if you can take out 2 or 3 of them in the process.:D

Short272

Inkling
NNID
27Short
Honestly I was just getting the kills before my teammates could get to them. I left the lobby so they could have more fun without me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom