• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Thanks Nintendo!

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I've always been terrible at multiplayer shooters like COD and Halo. So with that being the majority that the gaming industry caters to, it makes me happy that Nintendo brought us this cool new twist to the gaming scene.
I feel like theres a place in gaming again for me!

Anyone feel the same or similar?
Has Splatoon done anything positive for you as well?

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
I pretty much steered clear of shooters but I feel like Splatoon has opened me up to them. It's also awakened the competitive side of me I guess.

there's also no way to communicate with players so there's no one to tell me I suck every minute which is probably the only reason I'm still playing tbh

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I'm terrible at most shooters, but now the motion controls in Splatoon have allowed me to actually aim!

Lovebird

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shibakisses
i'm usually pretty bad at shooters myself. i usually only play them with my friends and i enjoy myself, but it's sometimes annoying how people react to you when you're on there just trying to have fun (partially the reason i'm glad there's no voice chat in this game).

this one's really different though! it's a departure from the grittiness of shooters that i really don't care for. it's really refreshing to see something this silly and inoffensive in the genre. and it doesn't skimp on the competitive aspect.

i'm also happy about the melee weapons (because those are my favorites). i can't wait for the new ranked modes! rainmaker is so mysterious...

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I was expecting a sarcastic thread based on the title. :P

I'm really glad Splatoon exists. While I've never disregarded shooters completely, I was never really interested in buying any of them, because they all looked so similar and honestly kind of boring. Splatoon really appeals to me though, it feels like it's more than just a shooter. It's the same as how Mario Kart made racing games fun for me, as I never really enjoyed others. I'm glad Nintendo tries to innovate so much with genres that are overused like this, making them fresh again.

Krissi2197

Inkling
NNID
Krissi2197
I thought I'd hate this game because it's almost impossible to aim with analog sticks but because of the gyro controls it's a lot more fun. x.x

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Was never really inherently bad at shooters, I just never cared for them. Played lots of shooters before. It's different from other shooting games though because Nintendo innovated and reinvented the wheel so to speak, and that's why it's an enjoyable game.

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
Nintendo really blew this out of the water. I was a little skeptical starting out since there wasn't a lot of content, but they have been pushing lots of updates and I'm enjoying all the time I'm spending in the game. I can't wait to see where we will be in one year.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
I've played all, if not most, genres of games, including shooters. I have about 1,100 hours clocked into TF2 and played Rainbow Six Vegas when it came out and played it really religiously. After a while I sorta became bored of shooters, not because I was bad at them or that they are bad, but because I got bored of perks and killstreaks being added to everything. TF2 gave me the freshest experience and I still play it whenever there's a big update. Splatoon is another shooter that's provided a fresh experience of fun. The lack of content and features is STILL an issue. Nonetheless it's still a great IP with tons of potential.

I think I can give thanks for that much.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
It gives me a legitimate excuse to laugh at Call of Duty now, because it's so much better. It takes the shooter genre and turns it upside down, giving it a new life while still being really addicting and even more fun (you don't have to shoot people to win!). Plus, the online play works really well, so this is the main game in my library that gets a lot of online time (the only other one that ever really gets any is Mario Kart 8).

Loffy09

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Loffy09
I usually am really baddddd at shooter games like COD (even though i do enjoy a bit every while) but Splatoon just changed that. I love it's motion controls (and its no voice chat), the wide variety of fun weapons and sub/specials and everything. It seems like Nintendo really knows how to change and spice up a game genre.

correojon

Pro Squid
NNID
correojon
At first I didn´t care for this game, I´ve never been a fan of shooters. As more news were available I started to be more interested in it and after the first Test Fire I was a fan from head to toes. Now, not even a month after release, Splatoon has become my WiiU game with the most play time, even surpassing MK8 and I can´t get enough of it.There´s a ton of content and I´m always doing new things: unlocking new slots in gear, trying new weapons, learning new maps and ways to play on them with different weapons, trying to get A+99 on ranked (current record is 76 points in A)...

What Nintendo has done with this game is nothing short of what they did with Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time: They´ve taken the stale shooter gameplay and have redesigned it completely for true 3Dimensional gameplay. But at the same time now you move faster, you can easily parkour through all kind of obstacles, you can do some crazy **** while being totally on control and hitting your target mid air...My GOTY so far.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
"Thanks Nintendo" is the right thing to say. I love Splatoon so far. It's actually the first shooter-genre game I really got into in a very long time. It got released for a little over 3 weeks now and I spent 110 hours in-game + uncounted hours online, with the soundtrack and here on the boards.

It's just a matter of time until it passes MK8 as my most-played Wii U game. (Won't beat MKW in overall though, this would take a few years XD)

Friendly Face-Off

Full Squid
NNID
taikolover-desu
Agreed to the max.

I usually stayed with racing and party games (I'm looking at you Mario) and the shooters I did try...failure. I wasn't able to even aim properly XD
And then Splatoon was announced and I became excited immediately. When I bought the game, I wasn't sure how the final product would become, but ever since I've finally opened up to the first shooter game that I actually keep playing and enjoying.

Thank you very much Nintendo :3

mayamei

Inkling
NNID
geechristine
This is way more original and fun than zombie shooters. \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom