*that crying blubbering noise when you get splatted*

eerie

Inkling
NNID
EerieBat
hello new squidkid fam!

i've been lurking for a couple of weeks now. recently got the game and have been playing during 90% of my free time. the other 10% is looking at the forums or watching streams and trying to learn things. Spl'oon has taken over my life D;

ANYHOW. i'm Eerie!

i suck at all weapons but my latest 'i-suck-at-using-' endeavor has been the blaster (namely the luna!)
i am rotating things and trying out different weapons though, my worst so far has been the H-3.

i like callie and marie equally, they're both cute and have cute tentacle hair bow things and are sassy and great

i'm level... 15? 16? rank C (just recently started doing ranked haha) and i'm still learning how to use motion controls after being stubborn and trying to get used to analog for the sake of being prepared for other games. but the y sensitivity not lowering at all was driving me too crazy ;<

i figured i'd post here and say hi and get to know some fellow splooners and hopefully pick up some more tips and tricks and maybe make some new friends, as i got the game and a wii U only about a week ago, so i'm a super newbie to the whole system!

here's a crappy scribble of my scrub squid

hope to talk with ya'll soon! :>

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Welcome to SquidBoards!
That drawing is very good, makes me jealous ;-;. When it comes to learning motion controls, you might want to try playing the single player mode with it. It's actually a good way of practicing motion controls. As for tips and such, you could check out the "Guides" section and just browse the forums as a whole. There's a whole lot of info on the boards so be sure to check it all out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Hi Eerie, although I am pretty good with most shooters I can relate to the 'I suck with this weapon' moment as I really do suck with chargers despite all the practice I've put in. As Silver suggested I definitely think playing through single player is a good option to get you used to motion controls, in addition, in single player you get to use the 'Hero Shot' aka Splattershot, this is an extremely powerful weapon and if you can become skilled at using it you'll find that you quickly rise through the ranks. Recently Squids Next Door (SND) posted one of the best if not the best Splatoon guides (posted it below), I strongly suggest you check it out.

Anyway, good luck with everything, by the way great drawing!

eerie

Inkling
NNID
EerieBat
Welcome to SquidBoards!
That drawing is very good, makes me jealous ;-;. When it comes to learning motion controls, you might want to try playing the single player mode with it. It's actually a good way of practicing motion controls. As for tips and such, you could check out the "Guides" section and just browse the forums as a whole. There's a whole lot of info on the boards so be sure to check it all out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Ahhh thank you haha. if only i could put effort into finishing drawings though ;___;

i keep forgetting about single player. i played through like half of it or something and then went on with doing PvP things (and then splatfest came up!)
i'll definitely work on that/finish it up before i continue on with much more of online mode, thank you!

and yeah i've been browsing the guides quite a bit, the forums i'm still working through :>
thank you so much for the help and response!

eerie

Inkling
NNID
EerieBat
Hi Eerie, although I am pretty good with most shooters I can relate to the 'I suck with this weapon' moment as I really do suck with chargers despite all the practice I've put in. As Silver suggested I definitely think playing through single player is a good option to get you used to motion controls, in addition, in single player you get to use the 'Hero Shot' aka Splattershot, this is an extremely powerful weapon and if you can become skilled at using it you'll find that you quickly rise through the ranks. Recently Squids Next Door (SND) posted one of the best if not the best Splatoon guides (posted it below), I strongly suggest you check it out.

Anyway, good luck with everything, by the way great drawing!
thank you so much! (for the tips and the video link, i'm not sure i've seen that one yet surprisingly!)

i will do what you both have said and finish up the single player mode though for sure, hopefully it'll help out my control a bit more.
i do see splattershot jr being used a lot, so i'm glad i'll get some practice in with it. my aim in general needs a lot of work i noticed. i'm pretty fidgety, so i'm sort of worried that the motion controls are gonna be hard for me sometimes (especially at the end of my work days, eughh!)

but i'll try, and if nothing else i can always switch between the two i suppose D:

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
I was actually referring to the regular Splattershot/Tentatek Splattershot (Tentatek is the more widely used Splattershot), but I see how you could get them confused with the Splattershot Jr. I personally think that the Splattershot is better than the Jr for competitive ranked battles, that being said at the S level I still see some very good Jr's out there. However the Jr is the way to go for Turf War.

As for aiming and shaky/jittery hands I can relate. After all my practice I still have fairly jittery hands, one way I try to get around it is before I start my first game I go into the weapon testing area and shoot a few dummies with the weapon that I will use, doing this regularly in addition to single player has helped me with my aim :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom