The Bamboozler Has Changed My Thoughts on Weapon Viability

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
After doing some testing with the bamboozler, from full damage possible it always cap at 99.9%, so it will always do two shots maximum on the opponents you hit.
Bamboozers range doesn't seem to change even if you undercharge it.
It fires rapidly so fire two shots around the target will make it harder for them to escape.
Because of the fast charge, it's best to use it to pop up really fast somewhere, shot another sniper once and then disappear, as most of them tend to run off as soon as danger and damage appear to them. Practicing this and quick sniping can help you and your teammates a lot, as snipers are a bigger threat as they are usuallly out of range.
It has very low coverage rate even in comparison to it's other charger siblings, so it all comes down to squiffing it, by moving around swiftly instead of camping in one spot.
Chargers in general have good knockback ability, making it very useful to boot away Bubblers as long as you hit them. The rapid fire on the bamboozler makes it even twice as useful.
My recommendation as a main ability would be coldblooded, the enemy usually target whoever have been located, once yours disappear, they will have most focus on the ones still detected, like the fast charge it has, very useful to harass or to nail opponents against walls and corners.

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
The Walls for the Bamboozler are like the disruptors for the Custom Junior. You need to incorporate them. The weapon itself is like a squifer, in that you mainly use it on lower ground, just you have to have amazing accuracy and good wall play. The Wail isn't to bad. Good for locking down areas.

This being the weapon that won the Great Turf War, I wanna main it soooo.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
The Walls for the Bamboozler are like the disruptors for the Custom Junior. You need to incorporate them. The weapon itself is like a squifer, in that you mainly use it on lower ground, just you have to have amazing accuracy and good wall play. The Wail isn't to bad. Good for locking down areas.

This being the weapon that won the Great Turf War, I wanna main it soooo.
What are the right times to deploy the Killer Wail though? I can't seem to do it in a way that doesn't leave me vulnerable, and I never seem to get it out in time to make much of an effect. Maybe I was playing on the wrong maps?

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
What are the right times to deploy the Killer Wail though? I can't seem to do it in a way that doesn't leave me vulnerable, and I never seem to get it out in time to make much of an effect. Maybe I was playing on the wrong maps?
From my experience with the killer wail it's all about knowing how to aim it (places the wail should cover) and when, and where (like where you should be). some stages are better for it than others (you are going to get more use out of it on Warehouse than you are Rig) I usually use my wails to **** with sniper movement (otherwise just enemy team movement {and yes those are, albeit slightly, different}) but I've seen other use them for kills. Unfortunately the only example I have is for Warehouse but that may be the most obvious use of the killer wail so... (on the enemy container) Just a warning, I'm not expert with the killer wail since I prefer the normal splat charger to the kelp.

Situation I use them for is bubbles and krakens on towers, (my) team pushing (into enemy ink) {again aiming for the sniper, if there is one}, someone trying to flank me, a roller rollin' towards me (if they are far enough away, this is key to living) {doesn't work on brushes if that wasn't obvious}, and.... that's about all I can think of right now I'm sure someone (with more experience with a wail) will add more.

You should more or less always be behind a wall when using the wail (exception being the certain times with tower situation and the roller situation) some are obvious like in warehouse, some not so much. (Park: the beginning ramp before the zone, the tower, the wall to the left {use those to hide behind if that wasn't obvious}) Well that's my two cents on how to use the killer wail. I'm not sure if it being with the bamboozler changes it's use (again never really use it with kelp) so it'd be helpful if others give there input as well.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
I've won a number of matches in Turf War with the Bamboozler (I went through the entire Splatfest using it), I was surprised at how efficient it was. I do main chargers, so it took a bit of adjusting, but I lost no more than ten matches the entire time I was leveling. Keep in mind, I got to Decepticon Queen.

One difference is it's the aggressive charger - maybe moreso than the Squiffer? I don't use Squiffer enough anymore to be confident in that assumption, but Bamboozler is so much more mobile it's ridiculous. It provides team support with Splash Wall and Killer Wail zones for your team, which is your whole job anyways. One cool thing about it that's unique to only itself is the way it fires; regardless of if you tap the trigger or charge it fully, it always shoots the same distance. It's an alright tradeoff in this case because, even though you don't take your enemy out in a single shot, as long as you tap the trigger again right away, they're done (unless they have a decent amount of Defense Up).

The Wall makes sure you CAN compete up close, like it's meant to, and close off areas that players are trying to approach. It's honestly the most fun Charger I've played, though I'm not for sure going to be bringing it into ranked any time soon. It really is kinda below par compared to the longer ranges of Splatterscope/E-Liters.

That's my 2 cents

Edit: I wanted to say I use Studio Headphones, Black Anchor Tee, and Blue Motto Boots, with mostly brand-positive subskills.

Last edited:

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Well, I disagree with most people in regards to the Wall being integral to this weapon's 1v1 viability. Because it takes so much ink for it, just throwing it out CQ will be inconsistent, and tbh, is unnecessary. I use it for offensive pushes, to stall, or to trap a telegraphed attack (the last few sparingly).

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Well, I disagree with most people in regards to the Wall being integral to this weapon's 1v1 viability. Because it takes so much ink for it, just throwing it out CQ will be inconsistent, and tbh, is unnecessary. I use it for offensive pushes, to stall, or to trap a telegraphed attack (the last few sparingly).
That's probably why it would be best to have a ton of Ink Savers, or Ink Refill. Although if lucky you can land the Splash Wall on the oponent him/herself and get an insta-kill, no matter how many Defense Ups he/she has.

soujirou88

Inkster Jr.
NNID
soujirou88
i honestly find ink refill up to be more use than the ink saver sub tbh. mostly because you don't have to waste two main slots in ink saver sub just to get two extra shots, charged or quick. cuz any less has no affect. but with ink recover up, you just need two sub sub abilities with it filled for it to be affective. truth be told, adding power for the weapon may not be a bad idea, even though it can't one shot, it can still score a 99.9 on an unarmored target. meaning, if the target has so had been sneezed on by enemy ink, that person is dead. including slightly touching your shield btw. other useful abilites for it would be special charge up and ink resistance up for obvious reasons.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Yeah ink saver sub isn't really worth it. I just run something else.

Just saying.This weapon is the best anti Charger Weapon (tied with the Squiffer).

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Ink savers. They matter.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
I know I'm late, sorry but I wasn't able to play for about a month, anyway, I've been using the Bamboozler for some days and love it, two mid charged shots are enough to take out opponents and you can fire them at a pretty good rate wich gives you better chances to hit moving targets, I only fully charge it when inking turf and when going for unaware static targets like sniping E-Litters, the Splash Wall helps keeping away close quarters threats but I've been able to take out .52 Gals and Luna Blasters without it before they splat me, the Killer Wail is definitely not my favorite special but it's useful for denying areas and forcing opponents out of cover wich then, thanks to the Bambozzler's range can be splated somewhat easily

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
Wait until the Mk II version comes out so you can spam Disruptors since Disruptors are just too good. Toss the Mk I version in the nearest trash bin. :p
This message was posted one and a half months ago. Why hasn't the Mk 2 been released yet? I love the disrupter. Is it because it's generally superior to the Mk 1?

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
I've used it pretty successfully in scrims and squads. Basically, you need two things.

1. Treat it like a hitscan version of a shooter
2. Don't miss so you take advantage of the stupidly fast kill time for that kind of range

Last edited:

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
I know I'm late, sorry but I wasn't able to play for about a month, anyway, I've been using the Bamboozler for some days and love it, two mid charged shots are enough to take out opponents and you can fire them at a pretty good rate wich gives you better chances to hit moving targets, I only fully charge it when inking turf and when going for unaware static targets like sniping E-Litters, the Splash Wall helps keeping away close quarters threats but I've been able to take out .52 Gals and Luna Blasters without it before they splat me, the Killer Wail is definitely not my favorite special but it's useful for denying areas and forcing opponents out of cover wich then, thanks to the Bambozzler's range can be splated somewhat easily
You're not late.

Szion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Szionblue
I'd say it could work for harassment (aka, keep shooting or being a threat in general so they can't reliably push up). It shoots fast and far, so forcing the enemy to play Your game (don't let them come closer and move back/Splash Wall if they do) rather than being forced to play theirs (trying to fight a Roller up-close) might work out. Otherwise I'd say try the Squiffer
yes, keepng the pressure on opponents with this weapon is fantastic even if ur a charger main with no accuracy like me. i've recently switched to mk II because the two shot issue that comes with having to aim twice is alleviated with the disruptor. I used to main the squiffer and with that little range lemme tell ya its not worth the ohko. If ur doing turf war, yeah the squiffers fine. doing ranked? whip out that bamboozler. the squiffer range is too short to combat alot of shooter and roller weps that outrange it. bamboozler mkII is a godsend for ex squiffer mains like me.

to answer the OP, the mkI is pretty alright if u like tower control and splatzones. the spec wep creates pressure the wep is known to me for, and the sub weapon is great for giving u defensive time to keep shooting in case A: you're missing alot or B: u just wanna move enemies by inking areas around them, effectively cutting off movement somewhat.

idk if this wep is top tier like aerosprays RG was in turf war or low tier but hot damn this charger is perfect for me. get that mkII

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
I dunno if anyone has said this allready but if you have a lot of damage up stacked try to half charge you shot and then tapfire. You can splat even faster that way. I find its better to sorta spam halfcharged shots then to try to fully charge and then tapfire. Try it out in the firing range you can really splat those dummy's quick with a bit of practise. :wst_charge_light00:

http://squidboards.com/guides/bamboozler-mk-iii.222/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom