• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The best weapons for Flounder Heights

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I think that there are 3 weapons that can completely dominate on Flounder if used correctly; Eliter Scope, Slosher, and Forge pro.

Eliter Scope;
There are various great places for an Eliter to set up on this map, such as the balcony. It gives a nice view of the roof, and lower area too. Not to mention it isn't very easy to fight back unless you have something like burst bombs or an inkzooka. Echolocator is also one of the strongest specials for flounder.

Slosher;
If you can get up high with a slosher, then you can rain down ink on your opponents. If said opponents are not careful, they can easily die, and the slosher can also put up a lot of pressure this way. This is especially good for rainmaker as well as tower control.

Forge Pro;
Range is very useful to have on this map, and pro range is just right for battles on this map, like in splat zones. sensors and inkzooka are also incredibly strong, as sensors can reveal sneaky enemies just on the other side of a wall, and zooka makes quick work of the before mentioned eliters

Let me know what weapons you think are the best weapon sets for Flounder Heights, and what you think of the 3 mentioned here.

Calden

Inkling
How about how the different weapons handle in different modes.

I've been trying to learn how to use the Splatling lately. I've only managed to try this map with it in Splat Zones, but I've found it very hard to do well. The range isn't enough to have an impact from the sides, and if you go up close it seems too easy for rollers and other short-range weapons to get in your face and kill your quickly. Not sure if the chargers will have a similar issue.

I'd agree with the Forge Pro though. I found that a much more competent weapon.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
For players of exceptional skill, the Rollers are scary on this map, with all the tight CQC and places you can ledge-peek to slam snipers down.

Inkster Jr.
How about how the different weapons handle in different modes.

I've been trying to learn how to use the Splatling lately. I've only managed to try this map with it in Splat Zones, but I've found it very hard to do well. The range isn't enough to have an impact from the sides, and if you go up close it seems too easy for rollers and other short-range weapons to get in your face and kill your quickly. Not sure if the chargers will have a similar issue.
Once the enemy team takes both splat zones, your options are very limited as that forces a weapon that is defensive to attack an enemy team that has the much higher ground. It seems one is forced to support a teammate at that point because one probably will not get anywhere on one's own.

For players of exceptional skill, the Rollers are scary on this map, with all the tight CQC and places you can ledge-peek to slam snipers down.
What is CQC?

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Depends on the theme:

Splat zones: Chargers dominate in splat zones. They can hit the zones from the balcony.

Tower control: Blasters do pretty well in tower control. Quick to tower and hard for long range to get shots. Open map maks for less pinch points.

Turf wars: Shooters, N'zap, splatter, do well in turf wars. They can make their own paths up to roof in middle and win the close combat up their, and cover the huge map with ink.

Rainmaker: No idea. Clueless about this theme. Seems that it is dominated by one skilled player, or a team that sticks together and lays ink forward for fast delivery to the pedestal. Maybe in between range like squiffer.

* kind of my thought for many maps

SquiddiamFancyson

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DowntownMountain
I got to S+ today using the Luna Blaster here. There's so many ways to flank that anything with a nice TTK is brilliant.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From my own play experience on this map, the Mini Splatling is actually better for the close-quarters play, since the Suction Bombs have more potential for mayhem (stick them on walls and under grates to get surprise SPLATS on enemies!) than the Heavy Splatling's Splash Walls (Which can be circumvented if you think vertically and abuse the walls). The faster charge times work better when the firefights are closer to you here. Leave the vantage points to your team's snipers and go wreak midrange havoc.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
I think that almost all short ranged weapons are good on flounder heights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom