The colors of Splatoon (Multiplayer)

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin

Ripped from the Practice shooting range while using the Clear All function, with increased contrast. on the bottom row to better match how they look in-game versus Miiverse screenshots.

Last edited:

shane3x

Full Squid
I hate the darkest blue colour in the game as ink. Not nice to look at =p

shane3x

Full Squid
Really? I mean I personally prefer the lighter blue myself, but the dark blue isn't that bad.
I think its because that even though every pair of colours used are contrasting in some way they all have a consistent light/vibrance to it except the dark blue which is just harsh and doesn't have the consistency of the other colours.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Really awesome. I like all the colors, honestly. Pink being my favorite.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
If you can't see it because I liked it from my Twitter, here's one from Photobucket.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Would be cool if they added more colors.
I think the only banned colors would be anything that could be miscontrued as something M rated or very hard to see, like red (blood), black (blends in with floors), brown (dirt), white (guess why), or darker greens/yellows (floor or more dirty stuff). They essentially stuck with two of the three primary colors, and neons.

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
I think the only banned colors would be anything that could be miscontrued as something M rated or very hard to see, like red (blood), black (blends in with floors), brown (dirt), white (guess why), or darker greens/yellows (floor or more dirty stuff). They essentially stuck with two of the three primary colors, and neons.
You think of that for white but not what brown could be used for????

The one color that I really don't like all that much is the Blaring Bright Green. AKA: Team Mountain Dew. It looks alright with the dark blue though.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
I'm being kid friendly :P Trust me, I know EXACTLY what the color brown could be interpreted as quite well thank you.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I don't really like the yellow one (keep thinking it's gold for some reason), but I like the rest. The light blue looks especially nice (that might just be the pink contrast though, and I keep calling it teal for some reason). Wish we could use other colors (maybe silver or something), but that's not a big deal to me.

The one color that I really don't like all that much is the Blaring Bright Green. AKA: Team Mountain Dew. It looks alright with the dark blue though.
Still a better use for Mountain Dew than drinking it IMO

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Never realized there were so many different versions of the color. I always thought it was the same orange, same blue, etc. That said, my favorites are the pink and teal. I love those cotton candy colored matches.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Never realized there were so many different versions of the color. I always thought it was the same orange, same blue, etc. That said, my favorites are the pink and teal. I love those cotton candy colored matches.
Oh yeah, those are great. All the matches look nice (the color contrast helps), but those look weirdly tasty.

Mountain Dew is ick. I've never had any of the other flavors, but the classical is pretty nasty.
I have, so I speak from experience here:
They're somehow even worse than the original. Especially the red one (though it does taste like the color red).

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
In the image, I consider the bottom row to be accurate shades of the game's colors used in multiplayer. The other two rows are how they appeared on the screen when I posted to Miiverse, and my first contrast edit respectively.

EDIT: Added the Emerald Green color not the first post. After a closer look I feel like the mid-row may be more accurate than the bottom row.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom