The Custom Splattershot Jr. is Releasing Tonight

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
The Custom Splattershot Jr., with Autobombs and the Ink Storm, is releasing tonight. Why that weapon, of all weapons? Is anyone excited for it?

the

Inkling Commander
WAIT REALLY??

I'M EXCITED
Inkstorm is so good, and the splattershot jr should be pretty good at getting it often. I can't wait to be a nuisance and spam autobombs while my special rain down hellfire upon my adversaries!!!!! Oh wait unless they make the points required for special rly high

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
WAIT REALLY??

I'M EXCITED
Inkstorm is so good, and the splattershot jr should be pretty good at getting it often. I can't wait to be a nuisance and spam autobombs while my special rain down hellfire upon my adversaries!!!!! Oh wait unless they make the points required for special rly high
Yep, the Japanese Splatoon Twitter confirmed it, and I doubt the special charge points will be too high. I do wish it had the Baller, but the Ink Storm is okay. The Autobombs are going to be so good with it!

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
Why that weapon, of all weapons? Is anyone excited for it?
I am. The Custom Jr. was always a guilty pleasure of mine in the first game, since it was widely considered to be completely inferior to the vanilla, I used it for a laugh anyway.

While I think I'll be sticking with the vanilla Jr. this time round, I'll probably use the Custom just for for old times' sake.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Why are they releasing weapon variants before base weapons, it's killing me, I WANT MY RANGE BLASTER BACK

The custom jr in this game looks good, with a good focus on support, which I think works out better in this game, just because not that many weapons can solo carry. At least in comparison to splat 1. The custom jr isn't really my playstyle, but I might pop it on if I'm feeling bored or something. I can see it getting used in some comp teams, but it's just going to need more synergy to work than it's vanilla variant. Just because the base weapon is pretty weak and it doesn't have a good sub or special for fighting gunfights with.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Why are they releasing weapon variants before base weapons, it's killing me, I WANT MY RANGE BLASTER BACK
That how I feel right now, there's still many weapons people waiting for like the Range Blaster, Rapid Blaster Pro, Bamboozler 14 Mk I, and the Hydra Splatling and yet we get the Custom Jr. instead.

But on the weapon and it's kit, it seems the Custom Jr would be good for Splat Zones simply because of it's good at turfing and it can spam Ink Storms.

Outside of that I probably won't be using it much as the Vanilla Jr. is much more supportive with Ink Armor, and the Spatbrella is another really good turfing weapon as well since it's sub and special both got buffed.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Just one variant weapon? Man, they're really trying to hold back on the releases. It'll take them the full year to release all the weapons at this rate. Of course, that is what they said, I just figured they'd come up with more.

Looks like a pretty good weapon. Nice for Turf Wars for sure, and honestly not bad for other modes, too. Unfortunately both Ink Storm and Ink Armor are best used in coordination with your team. I can see ranked teams doubling up on Ink Storms: two of them layered on top of each other is lethal damage to anyone who can't get out, and the turf gets inked so fast that it gets hard to escape quickly. And two are enough to claim a Splat Zone with no other assistance.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Not the most exciting weapon update, but it had to happen at some point. I'm liking Splatoon 2's Custom Jr. a lot more than Splatoon 1's since it's kit this time can actually get splats which really helps make up for the Jr. not having the best offense on it's own.

inkcan

Semi-Pro Squid
Give it to me.

I love it. This weapon seems so fun!

Oh my god I'm gonna go insane, bring da special charge ups!

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Give it to me.

I love it. This weapon seems so fun!

Oh my god I'm gonna go insane, bring da special charge ups!
I love it too! It's so much fun to use in turf wars and the little star on the side is cute. :3
I have used the Hero Brella so much lately that I keep throwing Autobombs and expecting Sprinklers, however... :oops:

Spenstar

Inkling
NNID
SpenstarHD
I love this weapon! Im gonna be using it a lot more than the Vanilla. IDK why but I use autobombs a lot more often than I ever used splat bombs, (even if splat bombs might be more useful for a quick kill) and the Ink Storm is so much fun to drop. It's a bit on the expensive side, gotta run special charge up when I use this thing...

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I too am enjoying this "new" weapon. Autobombs are great for forcing movement or herding someone to you. I love tossing them on top of the tower in the middle of Artblot to force campers off. It just so happened I was working on a pure Special charge up right before this was released. This is the first time I have used autobombs or ink storms, so I am having a blast.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Why that weapon, of all weapons? Is anyone excited for it?
Because it's one of the first weapons you have in the game, and so it makes sense to have its second load-out relatively early in the game's life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom