The Cutest Review of Splatoon Yet?

MaikoRules

Full Squid
NNID
MaikoRules
I can't get over how great this article is. The author interviews his 10-year old daughter (who got to play a review copy of the game) about her time playing Splatoon.

"Here'e What a 10-Year-Old Thinks of Splatoon, Her First Online Competitive Shooter"

Favorite bit:
"Yeah, I think so. I really like Splatoon a lot. But I feel like if I told the other kids that I was playing Splatoon they might not think it was all that great. Because it’s Nintendo, and they think Nintendo is for kids. And it doesn’t have blood and guts. And even if it was fun, they wouldn’t admit it. Because they want to seem more grown up. But I don’t care, because Nintendo games are adorable. And fun. Especially this one."

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
The generation of today is saved... xD haha Seriously though, i'm really glad it isn 't every kid out there wanting as much blood and gore as they can.

It's good to see that there are still kids out there who still prefer fun over violence!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Well then.. that's pretty cute. :P

Chapter Serf

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
ChapterSerf
I'll be honest...

I have neither faith nor hope in humanity.

But reading that, gave me a little bit.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Don't you guys think that maybe kids play these violent games because they're fun (more than "because they're trying to be mature")?

I don't play GTA V or CoD because they're violent, I play them because I think they're fun games.

I'm not saying that there isn't a component of trying to look mature when they play these games, but I really doubt it's the only reason they play them. I don't think there's anything wrong per se about them playing violent games, as long as they can handle them.

That being said, it does suck when they put down Nintendo for being "too childish", but that's their opinion, I guess. I'm sure if you got them to play the game, they'd like it more than they show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom