• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Eiffel Tower in Splatoon 3

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Alright, I know this is an incredibly random and specific topic/question, but I was thinking about how the Eiffel Tower is just hanging out near The Crater in Splatoon 3. In Sunken Scroll 2, it seems that the Eiffel Tower floated on over to the Splatlands. Which definitely seems to be in Japan. A long way from France!

1711590655629.png

So I was wondering, how realistic is it for the Eiffel Tower to float all that way? Or even get stirred up enough to make it there? I tried to investigate this but apparently not many people ask "Can the Eiffel Tower float in water?" lol. I guess there is a lot of time for it to make it to the Splatlands [like ~12,000 years].

1711592683869.png

Also want to note that I saw a few people say that this Eiffel Tower we see is a 3D printed replica from Alterna, however I'm not sure about that considering that humans did not go back to the surface.

Last edited:

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Wouldn't a giant metal structure just sink though?? There's nothing to keep it upfloat, oh god A PLOT HOLE RED ALERT

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
There are fake Eiffel Towers all over the world, including a few in Japan! It could be one of these?
This! Though I think its important to note the size as well, since the one in the original image is pretty large, and from what I remember inklings aren't that far from human size (feel free to correct me).
There are two replicas in China that are 1:3 scale, both being 108 m/354 feet, and the closest one is not that far from Hong Kong (sourced from this wiki article). I would place my bets on it being one of those assuming they could make it that far. So maybe OP could include those in the question as well?
The one Japanese replica I read about that looks the closest to the original (the one in Tochigi Prefecture, not that far away from where Splatsville would be) is much smaller than the real thing (1:25 scale), so it definitely isn't that lol

2bdamned

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
This! Though I think its important to note the size as well, since the one in the original image is pretty large, and from what I remember inklings aren't that far from human size (feel free to correct me).
There are two replicas in China that are 1:3 scale, both being 108 m/354 feet, and the closest one is not that far from Hong Kong (sourced from this wiki article). I would place my bets on it being one of those assuming they could make it that far. So maybe OP could include those in the question as well?
The one Japanese replica I read about that looks the closest to the original (the one in Tochigi Prefecture, not that far away from where Splatsville would be) is much smaller than the real thing (1:25 scale), so it definitely isn't that lol
you and Hokuto make a good point!! important to keep the size in mind too, since the one in-game is rlly big!! it would be cool if there was a way to compare the size of it to an inkling, but that would probably require some really clever maths and i'm absolutely not able to do that. i was thinking perhaps it could be a replica also and i probably should have included it in my original question whoops.

realistically, i think it would make more sense for it to be one of the replicas you pointed out specifically. at least it would be a shorter distance to travel. it would be pretty cool and interesting tho if it was the real thing but then again, it's like 10,100 tonnes T_T even if it is pretty messed up by the time it gets to The Crater.

oh another thing i found here in the trivia section mentions that the splatlands + splatsville are a reference to las vegas. which also has a eiffel tower replica!! that little note doesn't have a source or anything tho, i'm not sure where they got that from.

Nicky77

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
Nicky
The Eiffel Tower in Splatoon 3 is a stroke of genius! Its inclusion adds a whole new level of verticality and strategy to the game. Imagine battling it out amidst the colorful ink splatters while navigating the iconic landmark. It's sure to be a visually stunning and thrilling experience for players. Can't wait to scale those heights and make a splash in this exciting new setting!

neonscreenlight

Semi-Pro Squid
probably an ai.
yeah this guy sets off all my ai-generated bot account alarm bells. responses only vaguely related to the topic, overenthusiastic, seemingly not truly understanding the context, sounding like it was made by a pr team... the only thing that would make it more obvious is if it the message started with "certainly!" or "as an ai language model" lol

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
they're even saying how the tower is a play mechanic when its only briefly seen in the crater and the tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom