• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Emoji Movie was Just as Bad as We Thought it Would be

°Sea Cowie°

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SailorMewn
Switch Friend Code
SW-6832-4486-4403
Yikes...
The reviews are insanely bad.
And Jacksfilms had me hyped.
I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm not even going to bother with this one.
Good to hear. There's a lot of folks that are going to see it to "see how bad it is", which is making it more of a success than it would be. Whether someone loves or loathes a movie, the result's the same when they have your money.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I'm just going to wait for whenever the Emoji Movie shows up on Netflix, because I'm sure as hell not going to theaters to see how poor quality the movie. No, not even for the movie popcorn, as much as I like them.

I think it is safe to assume that the Emoji Movie is one of the worst mistakes in cinema history, based on reviews and everyone's reactions.

EDIT: Wow, as I've just discovered, the owners of the movie actually omitted the names of the people who left because they took offense to it.

Here's a copy-paste:
"Over 30 animators left during the coarse of the production due to the stress and expectations. Most of them left before the paid overtime was implemented. This was met with animosity and was taken as a personal insult to the owners. Their names were omitted from the final credits despite working for over a year on this film."

I legitimately believe this can be grounds for a lawsuit against the company.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
If someone really wants to see it without spending their money and making it seem successful to the producers, then finding a pirated version online is viable.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
If someone really wants to see it without spending their money and making it seem successful to the producers, then finding a pirated version online is viable.
Lol, as the son of a director, I very seldom recommend pirating movies. With that said, Transformers 5 and the Emoji movie are the only movies I've recommended people pirate this year.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
If you want a nice review with a guy who had to watch it within a room filled with children, here you are:

How many times can this plot be recycled? It worked well for Wreck-it-Ralph, it worked for Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and so many others. But now we are having another 'foodfight', except this one got to make it to screen, but laughably failed in the end.

If you are going to recycle a plot, make it good. This happened to Smurfs, and I recall it scaring children for a while.

Calissant

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0729-8716-4971
I'm insanely happy to hear that this movie crashed as bad as I was hoping it would. After seeing the trailers, I knew that The Emoji Movie would be nothing more than a huge advertisement for Sony and any company who ponied up the money to get their place in it. Good riddance.

Last edited:

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
The idea of a smartphone themed movie is good, but the reason why the movie failed is because of the recycled plot and the fact that it completely rips off Inside Out. Also, the fact that there are a ton of ads and promotional stuff in it like Candy Crush and Just Dance (seriously Just Dance isn't even on Smartphones lmao)

Emperor

twitter.com/Former_Eminence
Stop spending money to go see it. At this rate, we'll have a second one cause everyone is so bent on watching trash. This always happens and people need to break out of this habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom