The final boss, though (spoilers)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Was so damn great. Hadn't have this fun with a final boss since I played Plants vs. Zombies ages ago.

Seriously, the final boss is a DJ octopus.

a DJ octopus

You slimy hipster!

Who else had a blast with the last boss fight? I know some naysayers said it sucked because it is yet another boss that attacks you with his hands, but I don't know how that alone makes the fight bad.

Anyways, the music was great too (both the regular and Squid Sisters version)

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I had a great time battling the guy. It's not often you see a Final Boss who is so delightfully "wut" yet still fits in well with the overall theme.

The fact he provided a nice challenge definitely helped. Slightly cliché concept, but whatever.

Meloetta

Senior Squid
I'll... make... SQUID RINGS OUTTA YOU!

I love this guy.
I also love how he's kept in a fishtank/snowglobe/thing after you beat him.

Hrng. Cuttlefish. Hungry!

Did anyone replay the boss after? Not sure if it's just for the squid challenge, but all the dialogue is re-written!

Actilide

Inkling Cadet

I love this guy.

Did anyone replay the boss after? Not sure if it's just for the squid challenge, but all the dialogue is re-written!
Mmm squid rings :)

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Final boss does some pretty standard things but mixes it up in a great way by keeping you on your toes and going along the path.

Andyjoe522

Inkling

I love this guy.

I replayed it for the boy amiibo's challenge. Dear lord the puns were worth trying to beat him with a roller.

Pink

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
The final boss was one of the most fun bosses I've fought in recent years of gaming. The puns just made it even better.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I replayed it for the boy amiibo's challenge. Dear lord the puns were worth trying to beat him with a roller.
How are you supposed to send back his projectiles with the roller? That must have been though.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
How are you supposed to send back his projectiles with the roller? That must have been though.
it really isn't. you can do enough splash damage to them pretty easily. I had more trouble doing it with a charger than a roller tbh.

Vega

Inkling
The last boss was a blast! He wasn't really that hard once you got used to it. If anything the length was the challenging part, but this boss was so well designed! Using a lot of what you learned throughout in one long, epic, hilarious conclusion! Perfect ending to the single player! :)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
it really isn't. you can do enough splash damage to them pretty easily. I had more trouble doing it with a charger than a roller tbh.
If you say.

The roller challenges come with the boy amiibo? What comes with the girl amiibo (which is the one I bought, but it wasn't delivered yet)?

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
So disappointing. The boss song appears no where else and neither does the song by Callie and Marie. :|

xD but he did make me lol with the "I'm gonna Remix your face" I thought the very very very very very very very very very last part was a little hard. Trying to hit that third dumb bomb. <.< He did get a cheap kill with the FailWail beam. I didn't expect it.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
If you say.

The roller challenges come with the boy amiibo? What comes with the girl amiibo (which is the one I bought, but it wasn't delivered yet)?
Charger challenges

Squidiot

Inkling
NNID
DenseProtag
The final boss wins the award for most surprisingly hype boss fight in a video game I have ever played

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Without a doubt the most fun i've had in a boss battle in years! A samurai octopus. That's a DJ. IN SPAAAAAAACE!!! xD Only Nintendo could come up with something like this, and not only that, but make it completely awesome!

Fighting on the final platform felt pretty epic too, dodging Wails, enemies and missiles on such a small walkway!

And then the music, oh the MUSIC! A great vibe to fit his DJ persona, but then it went up a whole new notch when the Squid Sisters joined in!

Just a perfect boss fight all round, courtesy of the fun gurus up in Ninty. Now, time to replay that fight... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom