The friendly matchmaking conundrum

StarKun

Full Squid
So recently, in an interview, the thing that's been killing hype for people is that they said there's no customization with friends "like in super smash bros."

Is there more on this? Does this confirm you can't team up with friends online?

I'll at least be happy if we can join a team with friends in online matches

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
We're still not sure about the specifics of online play with friends, customization, etc.

It would be a shame if playing with friends doesn't have customization options or anything, though I'm hopeful that this won't be the case.

We'll see, as more information is released.

StarKun

Full Squid
turns out an interview between a worker at NoA and projared answered my question

I can rest easy now

StarKun

Full Squid
"Will be able to join friends" Ok this is good. I just hope my bro and I can join online together with one wii u.
But that question will need time to be answered.
Thanks for the link :D
No problem! And I would like to see local multiplayer online happening too. Though I hope the graphic detail won't get hindered extremely by using off-tv play.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Awesome. I'm glad we can join with our friends! :)

Is there anything on custom games or anything around those lines, though?

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Honestly I think it's going to shape up to be maaaaaaybe better than we expected in some aspects. Not going to overhype but I'm really liking how they're doing some stuff, better than I expected them to.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
All I want is friend requests and If another person comes to play, they can play online with me.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Playing with friends online is gonna be my main type of play
For me number one Is no lag. I can take not getting either of the two I had. I played Mario Kart Wii just fine. But lag ruins games for me lol. The Conduit being the worst lagging game ever and Streetfight 4 and Blazblue being the most lag free games I have ever played.

Hahaha I am playing destiny as my main game. While lag not being an issue. It is very annoying coming across a laggy person with a shotgun that seems unkillable despite you thinking you got him, or people lag teleporting to kill you lol.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Nintendo did say that "no paid dlc will be coming out for smash" when the game first came out, maybe we will actually see customizations in the future

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Nintendo did say that "no paid dlc will be coming out for smash" when the game first came out, maybe we will actually see customizations in the future
Yeah, they made a complete 180 turn with their DLC policy when it comes to Smash. Which is good! The way they handle DLCs is just awesome and doesnt feel like a ripoff at all. I could imagine having at least more single player levels as Splatoon DLC. I don't really know how multiplayer stuff would work as a DLC since it could kinda split the playerbase if they offer multiplayer levels and weapons as paid content which would suck. Having different themed equipment from Amiibos on other hand could work. Like Mario or Zelda themed constumes. Also cosmetical weapons could be fun! As long as the sets are identical with the ones that we can buy from the shop with in game currency.

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Yeah, they made a complete 180 turn with their DLC policy when it comes to Smash. Which is good! The way they handle DLCs is just awesome and doesnt feel like a ripoff at all. I could imagine having at least more single player levels as Splatoon DLC. I don't really know how multiplayer stuff would work as a DLC since it could kinda split the playerbase if they offer multiplayer levels and weapons as paid content which would suck. Having different themed equipment from Amiibos on other hand could work. Like Mario or Zelda themed constumes. Also cosmetical weapons could be fun! As long as the sets are identical with the ones that we can buy from the shop with in game currency.
The one and only thing i really ever disliked about paid dlcs is when when either you or a friend don't have the dlc, then you cant play with eachother. This happened to me when the first mario kart dlc came out it was such a pain :p. Of course the more content, the better

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I'm hoping for Shantae and King K. Rool for smash bros.

as for Splatoon I'd be down for my little Inkling having a pair of overalls and a mario hat.
What would be super cute. I doubt they get the rights. Is an Ika Musume outfit :3

The one and only thing i really ever disliked about paid dlcs is when when either you or a friend don't have the dlc, then you cant play with eachother. This happened to me when the first mario kart dlc came out it was such a pain :p. Of course the more content, the better
I haven't personally ran into this. BUT in Destiny I hate how there is a separate playlist for DLC. D: the original stuff won't pop up in the DLC playlists. It is annoying and makes the DLC way more repetitive than the original playlist. I hope they don't do this for splatoon.

I dislike not having all the maps I have purchased + came with the game not being in the same playlist simply because One I bought and the other I didn't.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
For me number one Is no lag. I can take not getting either of the two I had. I played Mario Kart Wii just fine. But lag ruins games for me lol. The Conduit being the worst lagging game ever and Streetfight 4 and Blazblue being the most lag free games I have ever played.

Hahaha I am playing destiny as my main game. While lag not being an issue. It is very annoying coming across a laggy person with a shotgun that seems unkillable despite you thinking you got him, or people lag teleporting to kill you lol.
Honestly this is the biggest thing for any multiplayer heavy game like Splatoon. If the games are going to be a laggy mess, especially in a shooter, then it becomes a very frustrating experience, since a factor outside your own skill is affecting your gameplay. Splatoon NEEDS to run smooth, since the focus of the game is on the multiplayer.

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
You can add in your friends games but later on you can invite to custom matches and change rules and stages

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom