The Game Awards: Splatoon Best Multiplayer + Shooter Game

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I saw the VGAs with my group and we just were blown away it beat out Halo 5, Destiny: Taken King, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, and Rocket League for best Multiplayer, what's more is that it also walked away with "Best Shooter" but it wasn't mentioned on stage. Let's just say it was like a party on Discord when it happened. haha.

Super glad it won the awards and it deserves them. This is truly a game I can recommend to anyone. And hopefully news of how good it's Multiplayer is will bring more players to Inkopolis~!

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
This is awesome. Splatoon is an amazing game that has let many more people enjoy shooter games. I never thought I would enjoy it before because all the other shooters are so violent. That's fine for some people, but for people who enjoy cartoonish games (like me), there was never a game like that for us to enjoy. I'm very grateful to Splatoon for being that game and Nintendo for making it possible.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Well, it's hard to beat a game that came out months before you did that gives out free dlc and updates every single week. Personally I don't see why Destiny was nominated when it came out last year even if their expansion made it worth buying, then again Warcraft gets away with calling an expansion a different game every year so oh well. I hope Ninty makes waves next year with the NX.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Best shooter? Sure, why not. Best multiplayer? Absolutely not. It took them three months to add friend lobbies, the matchmaking still sucks, and there's no voice chat. Christ, the game launched with like four maps and one mode. The indisputable best part of the Game Awards was Geoff throwing shade at Konami.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Best shooter? Sure, why not. Best multiplayer? Absolutely not. It took them three months to add friend lobbies, the matchmaking still sucks, and there's no voice chat. Christ, the game launched with like four maps and one mode.
I think they were looking at the games in their current state, not how they were released. It was really lame and stupid for the game to be released so empty, but i'm just glad they didn't make us pay for the updates.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I can't seem to find the time stamp where splatoon wins best shooter on youtube. If anyone knows the exact time stamp would be really helpful.

I don't wanna slog through all the awards for games I don't care about. @_@

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I can't seem to find the time stamp where splatoon wins best shooter on youtube. If anyone knows the exact time stamp would be really helpful.

I don't wanna slog through all the awards for games I don't care about. @_@
It wasn't mentioned during the Awards. It was awarded off-screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom