The game seems to favor teams already ahead in Ranked Battles

ssdesigner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ssdesigner
I feel like Nintendo allows a bit of momentum advantage when a team is ahead, specifically in Splat Zone matches. So many times I have an enemy in my sight, target cross-hairs RIGHT ON him/her and you just get that "ffft-fft" sound....then they turn and immediately splat you.

Happens WAY too often to not feel like the game is a bit rigged at times. Thoughts?

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i... can't say i've ever experienced this, or atleast not in a way that made me think the game is rigged.

it's much more likely you're having lag/latency issues that anything. the game is programmed in such a way that if you splat a player on your screen, regardless of where they "actually" are or what THEY did, you get the kill. this means that if you, the splattee, is lagging behind considerably, you can often die without having a chance to react.

also, input delay, reaction time, weapon's specific TTK and everything can all be factors.

unless i'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say? sorry if so <:3

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Aside from the lag issues, it's true, momentum is SUPER important in Splatoon. But turn arounds can happen, believe me, I know. I've lost so many matches that were going so well because the enemy team got a triple or quad splat, we got overconfident, etc. I feel I've won less matches with the enemy having strong early momentum, but that makes sense. Momentum is important to have in literally almost anything you can think of. Being able to counter it effectively is tough, but that is the great test we have to deal with.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Aside from the lag issues, it's true, momentum is SUPER important in Splatoon. But turn arounds can happen, believe me, I know. I've lost so many matches that were going so well because the enemy team got a triple or quad splat, we got overconfident, etc. I feel I've won less matches with the enemy having strong early momentum, but that makes sense. Momentum is important to have in literally almost anything you can think of. Being able to counter it effectively is tough, but that is the great test we have to deal with.
Yeah, momentum is especially big in Zones. On most levels if you can get a wipe and take the zone(s), it’s usually not too tough invade the enemy’s base area and lock them out of the zone(s). Then they have to fight you before even thinking about the objective, and all the while that clock keeps tickin’. It’s a great feeling when you do it to the other team, but it really sucks when it’s happening to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom