The Great Escapes

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Sometimes, you just get in a bad situation, and it seems you're up the creek without a paddle. Knee deep in enemy ink, opponents bearing down on you, no chance to super jump away. With out any other options, you play like crazy in an attempt to get away.

This is a half story sharing, half tech thread. What are some of your preferred methods of getting out of situations where combat is a death sentence, and what are the situations where you swore you would've been hosed, but managed to execute a great escape?

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Idk if I'd call it my preferred method, but my instinct/how I escape usually is to, well I believe it's called splatterhopping, but anywho to quickly jump while in squid form while also shooting ink then transforming back to squid again quickly.

My great escape..........
well there was this one time where I had two enemies right in my face shooting me, and I killed on of them, and was expecting the other one to splat me but my roller teammate flies down like my guardian angel and splats them.

thank you awesome roller teammate <3

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Burst Bombs are a pretty great escaping tool. Swim, pop up, throw one down, keep going. Even if you fail to get away, you can send people on a pretty wild chase, which can take some pressure off of the rest of your team.

As for stupid things I attempt to pull myself, one thing I like to do is hole up at a dead end and throw a splat bomb at my feet. Anyone tailing me is liable to get blown up with me, and every once in awhile, the stars align and they get blown away while I get away.

deepseadiva

Full Squid
Once or twice I've gotten "crushed" behind the tower and when the camera zooms in I've assumed I died. Only to pop out again, but with my guard totally down and then I'm actually splatted. T_T

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
Once or twice I've gotten "crushed" behind the tower and when the camera zooms in I've assumed I died. Only to pop out again, but with my guard totally down and then I'm actually splatted. T_T
I've had this happen multiple times to me to, I am like dangit I am dead and re look and I am alive and standing there like a dummy.....

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
I usually Burst Bomb on the ground and try to get a safer angle of I'm not already splat. If I'm ever needing to retreat backwards, I usually shoot my feet, squid hop backwards, shoot where I land, and continue backwards until I clear away from the enemy.

My best escape was odd. With three enemies aimed at me, I swam up a ramp and just sat still at the top of the edge. Miraculously, their raining ink hit everywhere except where I was and they quickly presumed that I escaped back to my base.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
I've been working on some videos for my channel and I love when these daring escapes happen. Favourite part of multiplayer shooters (which is why I almost always play the sneaky types).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom