• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The History of Competitive Splatoon: Mid-LUTI2 Edition, Volume 3

Kaede

Inkling
NNID
D0menic
New So first, I thought I had posted this in the TO chat asking everyone to fact-check and such, so you should have seen this coming. But what else was there to include major from pre-august? A couple of turf war tourneys maybe that really shouldn't matter now as we don't play turf anymore.

But if you've got any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Discord messaging works.
How should we contact you through Discord?

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Last edited by a moderator:

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
I wrote up a novel of my own to give you some insight on SCO and pre-august splatoon in general on discord. Unfortuately it took forever and you're no longer online lmaoooo. Anyway, it should be on there when you come back. Also, apparently there's a 2000 character limit on discord. that's annoying

Dylan26

Full Squid
Content Team
NNID
Dylan26
<insert meaningful hook here>

Hi guys, it's KT again and this is going to be a really crappy intorduction. Rest assured I've spent plenty of time on the actual product.

As the competitive scene rapidly grows, with new squads popping up every day, many people don't know where we've come from, and what we've already tried in the way of tournamnet formats, and just overall don't know the need-to-know names of the scene. So, I'm going to fix that with my essay here.

This 1.5 spaced 14 page essay will take you back to the start of the scene, including links and all the resources you might need. PLEASE take the time to read this.

If anyone has any corrections or questions, post them below. Thanks!
We should make this into a video/vlog/whatever. i'd do it if you give me permission, i'd give u all credit for the story

Pandamonium

Inkling
NNID
Warss89
That is awesome! Thanks for doing that. It is very important to preserve that kinda of stuff. I hope you update it as time goes on, or make a second one after a few months

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
That is awesome! Thanks for doing that. It is very important to preserve that kinda of stuff. I hope you update it as time goes on, or make a second one after a few months
I'll definitely be updating it. Especially once the league information is released, and just adding in the bigger tournaments.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Oh no, breaking my own rules. Sorry everyone for the triple, but I just wanted to say that I'm going to begin work on Volume 2 as soon as I get the time to do so. Working on a lot of different things right now. I can try to get it out pre-league launch (Jan 31st), which is my goal, but no promises.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Very excited to see how it turns out. let me know if you need any more help

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hey guys, just got Version 2 done (linked in the OP). Didn't have a lot of time, so I couldn't do a lot with pre-august buildup, but there are some minor changes, team additions, and of course, recent event additions. Please spread around again!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Volume 2 is just the more updated version. I'm going to get to making a Volume 3 with even more updates and such, eventually.

buttfield

Full Squid
just in case you didn't already know that forum moderators have no lives

kidding aside it's not badly written, but most folks find colorless, raw information a bit of a slog
some formatting, color contrast more akin to here, and a black page number imposed on an ink splatter would keep more folks around to see what you have to say

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Finally got around to making a Volume 3. That took forever. Hope you all enjoy!

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo

I still don't like it

Also a lot of it is still either factually wrong or written from the perspective of a few months back

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer

I still don't like it

Also a lot of it is still either factually wrong or written from the perspective of a few months back
The ladder, haven't changed any of the stuff I've already written. It's to show progression of the community not a current snapshot of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom