• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Inkling Barber Shop 2.0

What hairstyle you having?

• Girl: Classic

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Girl: Bob Cut

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Girl: Knot

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Girl: Comb Over

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Girl: Pigtails

• Girl: Long Sliced

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Boy: Classic

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Boy: Comb Back Spikes

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Boy: Buzz Cut

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Boy: Comb Over

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Boy: Spiked Fohawk

• Boy: Bowl Cut

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I understand. c: Have you always worn the same hairdo, even in Splatoon (1)?

IRL my hair is super long, and I have a fringe, so the hairstyle you're using (the one in my avatar ;)) would truly suit me the best as well, if I were to make my Inkling look as much as I as possible. ^.^
The girls were forced to use the best hair style in Splat 1 anyway. :cool:

But yeah, they already achieved cuteness perfection for the original female cut for me. Everything else in the future is just a fun bonus style to try for a short period of time. The bob cut (mini tents as I call it) is pretty good too, but I just can't say no to the original.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I love the classic style, and I always have. The large dangling tentacles on the side of her head are so mesmerizing. They even have their own physics engine!

Despite this, I still want to see them top it for me. I know it's a tall order, and I don't really expect them to, but I can always wish.

Here's a good ponytail image I found.

88e.jpg

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I like the classic style for the style, (obviously), but also for the lore of Inklings having 10 "limbs" in humanoid form that Nintendo revealed (https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/tagged/real-squids-would-look-cooler-in-sneakers) and then didn't follow themselves. :rolleyes: The original hairstyles in Splatoon 2 all obey the 6 tentacle rule, but I also like how with the original, there are only two long tentacles with the rest being short, which corresponds to squid form. I appreciate the thought that was put into the original hairstyle, which is why I don't ever see myself changing it.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I'll keep using the comb over hairstyle for inkling boiz until that one fateful day Ninty decides to release the long awaited "hair down"-style, i.e. long tentacles for ze boiz w/o them being shoved into a ponytail of sorts. But as long as this isn't the case, the one I'm using is the closest to that image and works well with a plethora of headgear without hiding the ponytail tacles. So I'm good for now.

Must...resist...urge..to ..comment on new hairstyles. xp

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Tbh, I think the original hairstyle for girls is my least favorite of the styles for females. I mean, it looked fine in the first game (I did like the boy's ponytail more, though), but for some reason in Sploon 2 it just looks weird and out of place next to the other girls styles. The tentacles at the end of her hair just look so big and I feel like they would weigh her down or something. This is just my opinion though, and I never played as a girl in Sploon 1, so I guess my opinion isn't the most valid.

Last edited:

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I'm using the boy with his bowl cut right now. D'aww, isn't he simply adorable? Looks a bit geeky and shy (for some reason)! C:

Edit: It also reminds me of the cut I made on my sister in the mid-late '90s. xD

Last edited:

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I made an educational video about the wonders of the girl's Classic style.

Don't you just want to swat at 'em?

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Can someone please explain to me why people like the original girl hair so much? I really don't get it.
So you don't like the original Inkling Girl's hairstyle a lot? I think it looks quite cute, and... kinda reminds me of floppy bunny ears. Like my favourite plushie's. x*D

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
So you don't like the original Inkling Girl's hairstyle a lot? I think it looks quite cute, and... kinda reminds me of floppy bunny ears. Like my favourite plushie's. x*D
Not that I don't like it, I just like the other choices more. I guess people are nostalgic for the original hairstyle though. Well, I never played as a girl in the first game, so I don't feel any of that when I see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom