• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Journey: A Splatoon FanFic

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I was in the hospital for a couple more weeks after Callie stopped by, because the doctor said I needed to rest some more before going back home. Some of the other agents stopped by, including Hunter, who told me I was getting a lot of attention in the media, because I was an agent. It was definitely weird hearing my name in the news over and over again, all of the channels saying the same thing. How I survived the shooting, how the criminals were caught, blah blah blah.
It was a few weeks later when someone came to pick me up. I had been in physical therapy for the last week, rebuilding my strength. The doctor walked in and told me I was allowed to leave, and someone had arranged to pick me up, and that they would be here any minute. It was a few minutes later when someone walked in who wasn’t a nurse or doctor.

“Hey Alpha, how you doing?” the person asked me.

“I'm doing just fine Callie.” I replied.

“Good to hear it. You ready to head out?” she asked me.

“Yes. The food here is terrible.” I joked.

“That’s 100 percent understandable. Let's go.” she told me.

We left the hospital to head back to my house to let me recover some more there. We walked outside to head to Callie’s car. I spotted a single sport car within the pack of family cars in the parking lot. I had a sneaky suspicion that I knew whose it was.

“I’m pretty damn sure I know the answer to this question, but is that Squidster 3500 yours?” I asked Callie.

“Yup. It’s mine. Got my driver’s license about a week ago, so Marie can no longer tease me about that. Once I actually got my driver’s license, I want ahead and bought this bad boy here, and I haven’t crashed it yet!” Callie responded, in a happy tone.

“Let’s hope you don’t crash it now.” I joked.

We hopped into the two seat car and started to drive off. Callie had the latest Squid Sisters album playing, even though it was due to come out in a week.

“Not a bad car you got here, Cal. Well, it is the most expensive car out there, so what am I saying.” I said, “Just wondering, is there any particular reason you’re the one who’s almost always there to help me?”

“Well, I could say that Cap’n Cuttlefish was sending me, but I would be lying,” she answered, “The truth is that ever since you came through the pipe into the training facility, even though you were a newbie, I developed a crush on you.”

I could’ve passed out at that very moment. Callie had a crush on me? I was probably blushing insanely hard.
“I-I uh… okay. Didn’t expect you to say that, but I’m not complaining. I kinda felt the same way about you. So I guess this means…..” I replied in shock.

“I guess so. I guess we can consider ourselves a couple.” she told me.

It was at that moment we pulled up to my apartment building.

“This looks like my building. Love you, Callie.” I said.

“See you later, Alpha.” she replied.

I walked into my apartment an plopped down on the couch. I turned on the TV to see if there were any Turf War matches on. To my surprise, there were around five on at the same time. I started to flip through the games to see if there were any interesting games on. I found a game that the one charger wasn’t missing a single shot. The camera took a close-up shot of the charger and I could tell that it was Hunter. I smiled knowing that the Agents do have normal lives to tend to. Well, except for Agents 1 and 2, considering that they’re pop stars.

Hunter’s game had just finished up when my parents called me.

“Alpha! Are you okay?” my dad asked frantically.

“Yes dad, I’m fine. I’m in my apartment and safe.” I replied.

“We thought that you were a goner!” my mom told me.

“I wouldn’t give up that easily, now would I?” I asked them.

“True. You were pretty stubborn when you were a squishie.” my dad told me.

I remembered that squishies were younger Inklings, because we were born as squids and gained the ability to go into our humanoid form when we turned 14.

“Anyway, the doctor said I need some rest, so I’m going to head off to bed," I said while looking at the clock. It read 8:00pm.

“You do that, son. You need rest. And remember, we love you.” my dad told me.

“I love you guys too.” I replied. I hung up and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning and decided to head out to the Plaza to play some Turf Wars. I grabbed my gear, which included a Jungle Hat, and my Octobrush and headed off.
I got to the Lobby and headed into a battle. We were sent to Saltspray Rig, which was good because it was a good map for a brush user. I was in the same team as a Carbon Roller, Heavy Splatling, and Tentatek Splattershot, so we had a decent variety of ranges.

I decided to rush the back of the map, to gain control and put down some Squid Beakons. I made it to the area with 2:30 left on the clock, and an enemy on my tail. I hid in my ink behind a corner so that the enemy couldn’t find me. They inked all around me except for the one puddle I was in.

“Surprise.” I whispered before splatting the foe. My attacking had improved drastically since I became an Agent.

I decided to go down to the bottom section of the map, even thought it would take a while and there was only a minute left. I noticed that the Carbon Roller and Heavy Splatling were splatting foes left and right, so I knew I would be protected. I got down to the bottom area to find a foe waiting for me. I looked up to see that I was surrounded by all four members of the other team.

I had placed a Beakon down there before I went to the top section of the map, so I surprised them by super jumping, placing down a few decoy beakons, and then splatting all four of them. The look on my teammates’ faces were just pure awe as the game ended.

“How the crap did you do that?” my teammate with the Heavy Splatling asked me.

“Lots of practice.” I lied.

“Parzival! I’m heading off!” the Inkling with the Carbon Roller yelled.

“Okay Pause. I’ll met you back at the house!” Parzival yelled back.

“So I’m taking a wild guess and saying your name’s Parzival.” I said.

“What gives you that idea?” he mumbled, “Of course my name's Parzival.”

“Got it. My name's Alpha.” I replied.

“Say, are you familiar with Agent Alpha?” he asked.

“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I?” I replied.

“I don’t know. Anyway, you do have a pretty similar name, is that just a coincidence?” he asked.

“Yeah it is. Just a coincidence.” I lied.

“It kinda seems like what you did in the match wasn’t done by practicing.” he told me.

“Do you want to know the truth?” I asked. Parzival nodded. “Then follow me.”

I took Parzival into a back alley that was out of the way in the main plaza.

“So, what do want to tell me…” Parzival said, a bit scared.

“I'm not gonna hurt you, don’t worry. The truth is, I was lying.” I said.

“How so?” Parzival asked in response.

“The fact that my name and Agent Alpha’s name is so similar, is because we’re the same person.” I told him.

“You’re kidding, right?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Nope. I am actually Agent Alpha. Oh, and that move I did during the match, I learned it while training.” I told him.

“Wow. So, why did you want to talk to me?” he asked.

“I was watching your play today in the battle, and I want to recruit you as an Agent.” I told him.

“Wait, me as an Agent?” I nodded in response.

“You're really good with the Splatling, and we don’t have an Agent with a Splatling yet. We could use one.” I told him.

“Okay, what do I need to do to become an Agent?” he asked me.

“You have to beat me in a 1v1, then you can go to the Agent training facility with me.” I answered.

“When and where should I meet you, then? “ he asked.

“In about an hour or so at the Battle Dojo.” I told him.

“One more question. Can I bring my friend?” he asked.

“And who would that be?” I asked.

“Pause, the Carbon Roller that was on our team.” he answered.

“Oh, him? Yeah, I think he's good enough too.” I told him.

“Nice. See you in an hour, dude” he said.

“See you man.” I replied.

I headed off to the training facility after meeting Parzival, because I had nowhere else to go. I headed down the pipe to the facility, making sure I didn’t draw any attention as I did so. I arrived at the facility a minute later, and saw the rest of the agents sitting in a group talking to one another.

“Hey, why don’t I get to talk?” I yelled at them, in a playful tone.

“Oh Alpha, you're here.” Callie said.

“Oh great, Alpha’s here.” Blue mumbled.

“I heard that Blue.” I told him.

“Don’t care.” Blue replied.

“Anyway, is the Cap’n here?” I asked the group.

“In the shack.” Hunter told me.

“Thanks.” I replied.

I walked into the shack where the Cap’n was. I found him sitting down in his chair, reading a book.

“Cap’n, may I talk to you for a moment?”

“Oh, hello Alpha, nice to see you back here. Whatcha need?” he said

“I was wondering if you would be up to the idea of recruiting two new agents.” I told him.

“I think so. What weapons do they use?” he replied.

“One uses the Carbon Roller, and the other uses the Heavy Splatling.” I told him.

“Roller and Splatling, eh? I think they can become Agents. How are you going to make sure they’re good enough?” the Cap’n asked me.

“I told the Splatling user for him and his friend to meet me at the Battle Dojo. If they beat me, they get to come here.” I replied.

“That seems good. Is that all you needed, bucko?” he asked me.

“Yes sir.” I answered.

“Then go and do your best.” he told me.

I got suited up into my hero gear, grabbed my Hero Brush, and headed off. I arrived at the Battle Dojo a few minutes later, and sent Parzival a text.

“Dude, are you on your way yet? I’m ready to fight you guys.” I texted.

“Yeah, we just left, should be there in about five minutes. Pause was having trouble deciding what gear to wear.” he texted back.

The pair showed up a few moments later.

“Ah, you guys are here,” I said, “Also, nice gear Pause.”

“Right back at you. What gear is that, by the way?” he asked.

“This? This is the Hero Armor, it’s normal for all six Agents, including myself, to wear this while we’re out on patrol.” I answered.

“Ah, looks great.” he told me.

“Thanks. Also, this brush is not going to go easy on you guys.” I replied.

“I can understand why. Should we lay downs some rules, though?” Parzival said.

“Good idea,” I replied, “The object is simple. Splat the rest of the other team. So I have to splat both of you two before you can splat me. Also, no sub-weapons or special weapons, because you won’t have those if you’re out on patrol. Got it?”

“Got it.” they replied in unison.

“Good. Now let’s begin.” I said as a smirk creeped into my face.

A/N: Ok, I'm going to be honest with you guys. I won't be able to get as many chapters out as I would wish this next month or so, because I have finals coming up in schools. Fun. Thankfully, the last day of school for me is June 10, and the day after that I'm going to a Sport Stacking tornament, then going to NYC the day after that. Jeez. I'm giving up on this quite yet, though it will end eventually. Also, Parzival and Pause are the OCs of @ThatSquidYouKnow and all rights of them to go him. Any reviews would be nice (lookin at you @Rustic ). Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
good chapters. glad your keeping to your world. if you added mine you would have like another 10+ agents to add.

but that Hunter splatting everyone. i do try my best not to miss. XP

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Good luck on the finals. Hopefully they don't suck too much

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
I have made a fanfiction multiple of them infact. making one takes time i myself am in a story rut pumping out a chapter or two for one of them every now and then.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
I'm sorry to say this, but this fanfiction will no longer be continued. I have run out of ideas for it and it is insanely hard for me to create new ones. So, this will no longer continue. I hope you guys liked reading this, and who knows? Maybe I'll make a new story sooner or later.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I'm sorry to say this, but this fanfiction will no longer be continued. I have run out of ideas for it and it is insanely hard for me to create new ones. So, this will no longer continue. I hope you guys liked reading this, and who knows? Maybe I'll make a new story sooner or later.
:( :( :( ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Tis a shame. Both me seeing this just now due to weird alerts and to you ending this on such a cliffhanging note.
While I don't get why you couldn't have brought up your idea drought to me or even this thread, as some good ideas could've sprouted from such things, some bad ones might have come up as well.
Another thing would probably (I know this is verging into review territory but still!) be that your character has to be less 'invincible'. Like, when you write, I get the feeling you didn't quite enjoy writing your character. I could be wrong though. And to write your characters, you gotta enjoy writing them. When I first started writing 'Aqua Marines' I asked myself, "do I want to write these characters?" to which I promptly replied to myself with an assured "Yes, I will enjoy them!"

I didn't.

So, I scrapped them. Judging them as really stale and bland characters, I changed them to the point where they aren't anywhere to when I first started. And/But if you feel as though you're going in circles with your writing. I feel some deja vu with this new chapter and 5, 7, and 13. All of which are effectively chapters with training involved them. Like, I would say instead of just repeating the same formula, I suggest you write something different happening to little Alpha. Like... I dunno, him getting involved with some nasty business and getting taken down to Octo Valley.
Like the title suggests, a Journey of sorts. Into the Octarian's neon underworld. Just my two cents.
I was getting in the hang of reviewing your chapters, even if I seemed a bit sharp with my reviewing-eyes. Ah well, it was a pleasure throwing reviews at you for thy fanfiction.
If you ever feel like writing something, hit me up and I'll act as a writing/drawing board for you. I already helped a friend out with a few chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom