• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Joy of Painting [Finished]

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
The Joy Of Painting
A Competitive Bo1 Turf wars Tournament
(The JoP Side of looking at it)

Information
This happy little tournament will be a Best of 1, Single Elimination Tournament. It will be held on the 12th of December at 5pm GMT or 12pm EST as a single day tournament and will encourage the Joy of playing Splatoon! This Tournament will be highly competitive and any dilly dallying will be strictly punished, be there on time or be disqualified on the spot (Of course exceptions may be made if the situation is dire). This is a Single Elimination format which means once you lose your out, I expect the tournament to be over by 7pm GMT or 2pm EST.

If you need to check your timezone use this link:
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=5,6,208,2643743&h=5

Rules
>Disconnects will be ignored, because they're just happy little accidents.

>Maps will be Pre-picked and there will be no Arguing about it.

> The H3 Weapon will be banned... No arguments there I guess? It is the worst weapon in the game.

> There are bonus points if you draw a picture of something in your matches ( Pictures must be provided for reference). When drawing a picture our TO's will give points based on the Picture drawn, max points are 10. If you draw a picture in a game with a point score higher than 6 you can ask to replay the match you drew it in if you lost. There of course is a timer on this, as long as the next round hasn't started you can appeal with the picture for a replay.

>Rounds will last 10 minutes, if your match runs over ( Which I highly doubt it will ) a random winner will be picked. If you start a round before the end of the previous one the match you play won't be counted!

Discord Link

JOIN HERE

Challonge sign up link

Teams that have entered:

1/32

Art Drawn by @_Vicious_ Props to him for the Happy little logo!

(THREAD WILL BE UPDATED AS RULES AND OTHER ARE EXPANDED!)

Last edited:

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
When drawing a picture our TO's will give points based on the Picture drawn, max points are 10. If you draw a picture in a game with a point score higher than 6 you can ask to replay the match you drew it in if you lost. There of course is a timer on this, as long as the next round hasn't started you can appeal with the picture for a replay.

I didn't specify ( and I will do this) but rounds will be split into 10 minute sessions ( Turf war is 3 minutes so it won't take long to finish your round) if you start the next round before the end of the current round has ended the match won't count and it'll have to be replayed.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
When drawing a picture our TO's will give points based on the Picture drawn, max points are 10. If you draw a picture in a game with a point score higher than 6 you can ask to replay the match you drew it in if you lost. There of course is a timer on this, as long as the next round hasn't started you can appeal with the picture for a replay.

I didn't specify ( and I will do this) but rounds will be split into 10 minute sessions ( Turf war is 3 minutes so it won't take long to finish your round) if you start the next round before the end of the current round has ended the match won't count and it'll have to be replayed.
Alright, thank you! 10 minute rounds sound kind of hectic for a tournament like this, I don't mean to offend anyone but there are people who only play turf so this may be their first tourney so they may need a slower experience.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Mmm I guess that makes sense but Turf war only takes 3 minutes a match and it's a single match a round! I want to keep it quick paced to see how well people fair when put into these high pressure situations. Sure it may become a mess and times will go off, but I believe (Somewhat naively) that me and my TO's will be able to keep it all under control. As most know everything almost always goes down the toilet as soon as the tournament starts!

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
I liked th idea Demi! It'll be a happy event with all the happy teams, I'll stand by and watch them beat the devil out a each other.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Discord Link Edited because I made a mistake :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom