The JP Splatoon Twitter account is teasing Octoling images without goggles: Hints at playable skin!

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I know octoling posts have been made each nanosecond, but this one's interesting. Unless they're just showing off some concept art, it's hinting that the octolings will be seen without their goggles in some fashion. This may be a tease for octoling skins!

Translation via reddit's frozenpandaman:

We received a new sketch from the research lab.

It seems to be an Octoling... wait, haven't we seen this one already?

It seems they sent it by accident....

Huh? If you look closely, something seems slightly different.....

Oh, oooh! Ooooooh~!​

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
I hope so! even if its a special one off mode when you play as a generic Octoling i would be happy but i would be much happier with having your own Octoling character to level up with a spend more of my monies on.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I'm actually kind of worried that they will overshadow the Inklings if they do become playable. They are so well designed.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Oh man, octoling skins would fantastic. If it's part of the August update I would be eternally grateful!

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've seen this picture before, nothing looks different about it. Not sure what the "Oh! Ooooh! Ooooooooh!" is all about.
Still, playable Octoling in any capacity has been bouncing around here for a while, and I certainly would like it.
It's possible that they're just teasing an expansion for Octo Valley though. I'd like that too.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I've seen this picture before, nothing looks different about it. Not sure what the "Oh! Ooooh! Ooooooooh!" is all about.
Still, playable Octoling in any capacity has been bouncing around here for a while, and I certainly would like it.
It's possible that they're just teasing an expansion for Octo Valley though. I'd like that too.
The Octoling isn't wearing goggles as she was in past pictures. (including the original version of this one)

I really hope they end up being playable, it'd be really cool!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I really doubt they'll be playable. There's no male Octoling, and most of the game's hats clip right through the model.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I really doubt they'll be playable. There's no male Octoling, and most of the game's hats clip right through the model.
Well, they could be playable in a single-player expansion. There wouldn't be a problem with gear clipping through the model if you can't customize the Octoling (presumably, they would be in the Octoling gear, like the Inkling is stuck in Hero gear in Octo Valley).
Or they could just hide the hair under the hats, like the male Inkling's hair, and just make a male Octoling model (if they're adding playable Octoling, they probably have the ability and/or time to make a male version). It's doable, though maybe not under whatever time/budget constraints the developers are currently under.
Though if they're teasing something with Octolings, maybe they do have the time/budget to do it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah...this doesn't mean anything I feel. The squid research lab loves to look at random things then geek out over them. In this case, freaking out over what their eyes look like.

I'm not denying that it is possible. But I don't think this very image proves it, and people are over hyping themselves.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very excited. The Tumblr one reads "We’ve received a sketch from one of our researchers. Looks like an Octoling… Hey! We’ve seen this before. Looks like a false alarm. Wait a minute. Something’s different here… Whoa! WHOOOOA!".

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
That doesn't imply anything to me. Just "Whoa!" Octoling with on goggles.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Very excited. The Tumblr one reads "We’ve received a sketch from one of our researchers. Looks like an Octoling… Hey! We’ve seen this before. Looks like a false alarm. Wait a minute. Something’s different here… Whoa! WHOOOOA!".
I can read some Japanese and the JP account and US tumblr are basically counterparts. The posts read the same.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
It's strange though, I could've sworn this exact image was already in circulation. I mean it's been on Inkipedia for quite a while now.

#guess she got lasik

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
the Splatoon Tumblr poste the same earlyer. Im sure they wanna tease us o3o

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I can read some Japanese and the JP account and US tumblr are basically counterparts. The posts read the same.
Yes, I know. I felt the main post was a bit off in the translation so I posted the official one.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
would be pretty cool to see playable Octolings but they would need male versions maybe a male will come with "real" DLC in the future

doop

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Elias56
here's hoping they change the females tentacle style

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom