The JP Splatoon Twitter account is teasing Octoling images without goggles: Hints at playable skin!

ShellShock

Inkling
NNID
DaShellShock
This would be pretty nice if they made an update where on online matches, your characters traits (eye color, skin color, boy or girl, etc.) would pass over to the Octoling or Inkling, depending on which side you're on (which can happen randomly, like in CoD, you are placed randomly as an American Soldier or Russian solider, whatever game it is).

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I don't really feel this is teasing playable Octlings past the splatoon devs going "Hey check out thhe Octlings without goggles!"

Unless they show male octlings or something equally concrete I can't say I'm convinced that we'll have them playable for a while. Not that I don't want them playable, since I do, just, I'd need more convincing than just this.

Yuubi

Full Squid
I've done seen this picture before I guess it was a leak or something, or maybe it was me seeing too much of the octolings without their goggles, But like others said it does not definitely not feel like a leak more like for those who were wondering how the octolings face looks like without those goggles on. That does not mean that octolings will not be playable in splatoon.... Someone did hack the games where Octoling were playable so there might be a slim chance where we might get some info on octos being playable... Only thing that hurts this theory is a male form of the octos.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Although I think playable Octolings would be cool, I'd like to see them implemented in a unique way, such as the invasion mode in Halo Reach.

Robotoboy20

Squid Scout
NNID
robotoboy30
Although I think playable Octolings would be cool, I'd like to see them implemented in a unique way, such as the invasion mode in Halo Reach.
What if in the August update they add the feature to face a set of bots, and they're just Octolings instead of Inklings in the custom matchmaking options? I think that would be cool.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
What if in the August update they add the feature to face a set of bots, and they're just Octolings instead of Inklings in the custom matchmaking options? I think that would be cool.
I dunno, the Octolings behave... oddly, especially if you just leave them alone. I'm not sure if bot AI is really all that possible for a game like this.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Please be a tease for a playable skin. Please be a tease for a playable skin

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Nonononono, I HATED that the Sangheili were only playable in that stupid mode. Especially since 3 let you play as them everywhere. I think having them only be in one mode would set too many people off and give people the idea that Nintendo missed the point. :confused:

Aura

Infiltrator
Octoling Domination. Coming soon to Splatoon. :bubbler:

But no seriously. If Octolings were playable I'd use them all day everyday.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
I've seen this picture before, nothing looks different about it. Not sure what the "Oh! Ooooh! Ooooooooh!" is all about.
Probably a reference to either one of these videos:

As for my opinion, I would absolutely love to have the option to play as an Octoling. Though, like with Mewtwo in Smash 4, they would probably be used by everyone, so it would probably wear out pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom