The Kraken can Break the Bubbler Shield.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
So Andre confirmed that the Kraken can actually break the shield the Bubbler gives you. Thoughts? Before there wasn't a clear counter to the Bubbler besides one of your own, running away, or dodging their shots and pushing them back.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Yeah, it's a good counter for the bubbler. Don't really have much to say about it other than it's kinda like having invincibility for a brief period of time.

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
these are great news and a evidence more that nothig is (as op) as it seems

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
How??? The Killer Wail does the most damage out of all Specials and it couldn't shatter the Bubbler. I will like to see a video of this. Unless the demo was pre-patch and Dev realize the Bubbler was too powerful, so they nerf it in the full game.

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Well this is good news, hopefully this will make other "shooter" weapons a bit more viable since most people played the Jr. just for the bubbler.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
does that mean that a kraken can one shot someone even with a bubbler or that it just breaks the shield, letting the kraken to come around again to get the kill?

either way it's nice to have a specific counter to the bubbler

CN-

Inkling
NNID
Caplain
How??? The Killer Wail does the most damage out of all Specials and it couldn't shatter the Bubbler. I will like to see a video of this. Unless the demo was pre-patch and Dev realize the Bubbler was too powerful, so they nerf it in the full game.
Kraken is probably specially programs to instantly break the Bubbler, as the Bubbler is invincible regardless of damage.

This is great news though, I'm glad to see how much thought Nintendo is putting into the balances of each item on a team-scale.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
thats great! seeing how viable bubbler is, this ought to make having kraken something to get for competitive play

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Huh. That is a very interesting counter mechanic to be sure. Not sure how Kraken = Shield breaker but I guess I'll take it.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Is there some video footage available? I mean, I'm glad to take Andre's word for it, but I'd like to see it in action.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I thought we already had footage of the bubbler NOT breaking against a Kraken... I would wait for video proof, for all we know it could have just been perfect timing and the Kraken hit the same moment the Bubbler expired.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I thought we already had footage of the bubbler NOT breaking against a Kraken... I would wait for video proof, for all we know it could have just been perfect timing and the Kraken hit the same moment the Bubbler expired.
Well, that would be mighty embarrassing.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Well, seeing as many people aren't the most... observant while gaming, he probably assumed it because of the reason above. Like, no offense to Andre or anything. I do stuff like that too sometimes.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I was talking about this video at around 20 seconds, not sure the first attack connects or not, if it connects then it doesn't break, but if not then we can't be sure either because later he doesn't use the attack, just moves around the bubbler guy.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Even if what this person say is false, there should be a special or something able to break the shield. It shouldn't be 100% invincible.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Even if what this person say is false, there should be a special or something able to break the shield. It shouldn't be 100% invincible.
No, it should. The usage of the Bubbler would plummet if something broke it. Plus it really isn't overpowered, just gotta keep your distance, bait the Bubbler if you need to, then get back a little and shoot, because you get knocked back pretty hard when hit while using the Bubbler. Makes it hard to get around and aim, honestly. The worst thing is when you get hit by the Killer Wail while Bubbling. A guy knocked me off the stage because it kept pushing me back, and back, and back.... I don't think you can squid while getting knocked back either (at least in my experience, I don't remember being able to), which means if you get wailed into a wall you're pretty much trapped.

To sum up my blabbering, when someone Bubbles, use your special as well. Unless it's the Echolocator of course.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I was talking about this video at around 20 seconds, not sure the first attack connects or not, if it connects then it doesn't break, but if not then we can't be sure either because later he doesn't use the attack, just moves around the bubbler guy.
Yep, it connects. Well, this is downright embarrassing. For me, that is.Oh well, better go retract that update.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
I'd be surprised if it were the only counter to Bubbler. Bubbler right now is pretty...pfff... over-SCOURED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom