The Kraken can Break the Bubbler Shield.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Y'all know that you can shoot/push someone using the bubbler off the stage right? In the testfire(on the 23rd) I used the bubbler and a person continuously shot at me and it pushed me right off the stage. We were on Saltspray Rig. And I wasn't standing still either, I was trying to move forward while shooting.

edit: also the splash wall can completely block a kraken . Mind you especially in a narrow area, but the kraken doesn't break/go through it till its duration ends. I will look for the video that I saw of this.
found it. skip to 42mins exactly. It oocurs around 42:30. also from rewatching, the splash wall could only take one hit of it. http://www.twitch.tv/chadtronic/v/5524755

Last edited:

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
Bubbler isn't that overpowered. Not only is it extremely limited in time, but if you focus long enough on it, not only will it push the user back quite a bit, but it'll break even faster. Now, if you go against 3 Bubblers by yourself, that another problem. I imagine a well place Disruptor would be nice to pull back as quickly as possible.

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
On a similar note... Can the Kraken be killed?

FEF

Full Squid
NNID
TheFEF
I've tried a few times, and shots seem to just bounce on it.
If that's the case, then I don't see why anybody would find the bubbler being breakable by it to be a good thing. We'd be swapping one timed invincibility that's considered OP for another.

Unknownkid

Inkster Jr.
If that's the case, then I don't see why anybody would find the bubbler being breakable by it to be a good thing. We'd be swapping one timed invincibility that's considered OP for another.
Exactly! Isn't the Kraken a more faster, instant kill, lone wolf special? Do you really want this special to be destroy a defensive, team-oriented special? I don't and I dislike Bubbler + Jr.

I've tried a few times, and shots seem to just bounce on it.
Have you figure out how to avoid it? Is it avoidable? I assume you can jump over the Kraken's swimming attack but you need to duck/swimming under the Kraken's Drill Attack.

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
That's pretty much it. Either you're a ninja master and can turn around the guy until his transformation ends, or you run the hell away because there's no real way to counter it. Though it seems he's slightly affected by recoil when shot.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
That's pretty much it. Either you're a ninja master and can turn around the guy until his transformation ends, or you run the hell away because there's no real way to counter it. Though it seems he's slightly affected by recoil when shot.
I've done this once. I avoided the Kraken in the tiny spots he missed. I have Ninja Squid, so he couldn't see me while I was swimming. Of course, he splatted me immediately after, but oh well.

Anyway, the Bubbler isn't too overpowered. It's duration wears down faster if more people get in on it. Of course, this means more people trying to splat you.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Even if what this person say is false, there should be a special or something able to break the shield. It shouldn't be 100% invincible.
If there were, the Killer Wail would probally be a better choice to kill bubblers, simply because it is relatively easy to dodge, generally less viable, and would make some sense (the barrier might not protect against sound). I kinda want the Killer Wail to be able to splat Bubblers/Krakens, yet I would miss the funny shenanigans with Killer Wail knockback.

edit: lol, didn't know how old this thread was. Was kinda confused why half the people here didn't know Bubbler protects against Kraken.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
It does not break the bubbler. I used the bubbler to splat someone and they Krakened. So while the kraken player was just constantly pressing X jumping against my bubbler like an idiot I super jumped to safety. No, the krakens attack does not deplete my bubbler special quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom