The Language of The Inkling

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
So, I decided to delve into a huge topic for this time already, the language of these mysterious squids! Of course, these are all assumption from what we've seen, but it would make sense in the long run!

So, lets start off this lesson with the most seen part of the language, the Squid Sisters! I made a sheet for each one, so here is that.

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 4.03.33 PM.png

This could be the name of the TV station, but it seems to make sense. However, some text was shown when they we're introduced. It just makes sense, IMO.

Also related to squid language with these sisters is easily found in the subtitles. It's hard to find them out though!

Next is Battle Dojo, or a simple word. Just look, its easy to learn quick.

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 8.34.39 PM.png

The word is on, if the words are hard to read.

Finally, its ranked battle? The words are both the two things, and again, this is all assumptions. I believe it is though!

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 8.29.22 PM.png

I tried to make this little fun thread trying to break the language barrier great, but I'll need some help doing so! If you guys find more things, post them on this thread! I just wanted to have some prominent words first. Thanks for reading!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is very interesting. I think we have a thread on this already but good luck on figuring out the language. :)

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I can already imagine, people are going to be able to translate the squid language. I'll be just like Klingon... maybe not...

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I can already imagine, people are going to be able to translate the squid language. I'll be just like Klingon... maybe not...
I feel like, if anything, it will be like current Hylian where you have to translate it to Japanese first and then English..

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I feel like, if anything, it will be like current Hylian where you have to translate it to Japanese first and then English..
Yeah, I'm sure of it too. It sounds like a distorted version of japanese to me.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I'm pretty sure you have the words for "squid" and "sisters" backwards.

In Japanese, the word for squid is two characters, while the word for sister is 3 characters.

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143

In Japanese, the word for squid is two characters, while the word for sister is 3 characters.
That may be it, but I took it from that they are in that order like that. However, I can see where you are coming from!

Shuggi

Senior Squid
NNID
Splatshuggi

Yeah, I think you may be right. This might be too early on too mention, but, there could be capital and lower case symbols.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom