• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Martial Arts of Splatoon

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
As a big martial arts buff, I'd like to think that in the entire splatoon world there are at least a few inklings that use martial arts in their turf wars. That being said, I don't believe that our martial arts such as TaeKwonDo (the art that I study, btw) Krav Magaw, or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu wouldn't be in the inkling world, or at least, not with those names. So, using the unofficial fan language found here and my imagination, here are a handful of ideas for martial arts styles across Inkling kind.

Badaido Uzai Zoito: Way of the First Punch
A very fast, aggressive style that focuses on maneuvering past your foes strikes in order to hit first.

Mu Ujo Eja ͡Tsu: Ink Fist
Basically boxing, but using the ink as a defense mechanism is OK, such as flinging large globs of goo at the foes or swimming behind them.

Badaido Wutai Diu: Way of the Grappling Squid
This art uses the natural suction of the squid form to hold down foes, like in the grappling arts.

Badaido Pie Su: Great Octo (lit. Way of the Octarian)
Known by the Octarians as whatever translates to Great Octo in their tongue, and as Way of the Octarian in the inkling world, this art is very similar to the 8-limbed style of Muay Thai, combined with some of the kicking styles of TaeKwonDo.

Zietai ʃi di Gobi: Thousand Year Strike
A very old art passed down from teacher to student, this art is one that focuses around weapons. These weapons can take all sorts of forms, from the traditional Zou or staff, to the more modern Chargers and Rollers. While it is difficult to find a good teacher in the art of Zietai ʃi di Gobi, those who practice it are unparalleled when they have a thing in their hands.

Tai siwa ɹiepo: Peaceful Mind
As the name implies, Tai siwa ɹiepo masters are very peaceful, never striking the first blow and always keeping a cool head. These members mainly meditate, focusing on their natural Kie in order to achieve a calmer state of mind. In combat, they are smooth and almost liquid in their movements, using their foes actions against them.

Feel free to suggest others.

Last edited:

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Also added:

U Eda ͡tsuko Ki: One Stroke To Kill With.
Back before the encroaching seas became a problem, Inklings and Octolings were still duking it out. While the Inklings and the Octolings appeared evenly matched, the Inklings had a secret weapon: the Paomo Eda Bohomi or White Line Squad. These elite Inklings were the ones who formed U Eda ͡tsuko Ki, a martial art designed to sneak around the battlefield and quickly and silently eliminate targets. Think of it as Splatoon's version of Ninjutsu. Though the Paomo Eda Bohomi itself has become forgotten, the art still remains, and a handful of the original members still are alive and teaching the art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom