The Moray Towers changes tho

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I know most of you are focused on the urchin underpass changes, but has anyone played on moray towers in splat zones or tower control yet since the update?

it's ..

it's AMAZING

florence

Full Squid
i didn't get a chance to play splat zones on moray, what changes are there?

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
The little add-on near the splatzone is gross, but the other addition is nice.

Demosthenes

Inkling
NNID
OrigamiMan
Meh, I'm not a huge fan. In my opinion they really overdid it with the changes and it lost the openness which made it unique besides maybe Arowana Mall.

Marie

Inkster Jr.
Moray Towers now has a passage way to go behind the Splatzones.

It's beside the main ramp to the splatzone, where it was originally a dead end, but now, you can go around and attack from behind.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Moray Towers now has a passage way to go behind the Splatzones.

It's beside the main ramp to the splatzone, where it was originally a dead end, but now, you can go around and attack from behind.
In addition to that, there's a little area on the left, close to the middle. And idk if it's just in TC or in both but there were big walls for cover in the center area when I played there once. Imo these were great changes because it was so easy to get stomped by snipers on this stage, and now there's plenty of places to hide from them / infiltrate.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I found towers way too difficult when I was up against two snipers. And believe me I tired my damnedest to stealth flank. I don't know the changes but it sounds good.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
In addition to that, there's a little area on the left, close to the middle. And idk if it's just in TC or in both but there were big walls for cover in the center area when I played there once. Imo these were great changes because it was so easy to get stomped by snipers on this stage, and now there's plenty of places to hide from them / infiltrate.
I don't know about that. The snipers I played with adjusted easily to those changes and still managed to ruin the enemy teams they faced. Granted, those snipers were wielding E-Liter 3Ks so that might have given them the advantage, but they still managed to hold down the zones.

That said, I like that there are alternate ways to the zones. I haven't played Ranked Battles much before now so I have no idea what it was like before, but I appreciate that this addition gives a tactical alternative when the enemy is holding down the main path upwards.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I love the adjustments. It reminds me how much fun it is to move around in splatoon with the wall climbing mechanics and the squid momentum jumps, etc.

Kami-V

Inkling
The changes to Moray Towers, Arowana Mall, and Saltspray Rig make them much more playable. The first two probably got the most significant changes and it feels like you have options to approach the other team and get to the focal points of the map, instead of before where playing a splatter or roller felt like the invasion on Normandy.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
The changes to Moray Towers, Arowana Mall, and Saltspray Rig make them much more playable. The first two probably got the most significant changes and it feels like you have options to approach the other team and get to the focal points of the map, instead of before where playing a splatter or roller felt like the invasion on Normandy.
Aroma Mall is beautiful. Tears in my eye beautiful. I played it only 1 time in ranked and fell in love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom