The new S-Rank system can be abused.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
As you probably know, S-rank is not affected by Squad Battles. By extension, players can not go from A+ to S in Squad Battles.

Last night, my squad and I, all A+ 99, won every single game, back to back to back to back. Despite that, we remained in A+ and continued to match against and crush A and B teams, and very few A and S teams. It was unfair. We eventually went into solo queue and get some S ranks to fix the problem.

The issue at hand is, you don't HAVE to fix the problem. Teams that deserve S and S+ can choose to never play solo queue and therefore be perpetually matched up against lower level players and abuse them. This can also be done with alt accounts, it's like making a smurf account that lasts forever.

I feel that not being able to earn S-rank in Squad Battles is an incredibly bad design choice for many reasons, but I feel that this particular system abuse should be brought to public attention. Yes, your friends can't carry you to S-rank, but S-rank teams can instead exploit the system to avoid the challenge of other S-rank players by only matching against lower-level players.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
But I do like my rank being unaffected as it lets me play with randoms and on uneven teams without a care, as you just saw. ;-D

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
Probably not the best topic, but I feel like making a new one for this would just clutter: how much do you get for a knockout win on S+?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
As you probably know, S-rank is not affected by Squad Battles. By extension, players can not go from A+ to S in Squad Battles.

Last night, my squad and I, all A+ 99, won every single game, back to back to back to back. Despite that, we remained in A+ and continued to match against and crush A and B teams, and very few A and S teams. It was unfair. We eventually went into solo queue and get some S ranks to fix the problem.

The issue at hand is, you don't HAVE to fix the problem. Teams that deserve S and S+ can choose to never play solo queue and therefore be perpetually matched up against lower level players and abuse them. This can also be done with alt accounts, it's like making a smurf account that lasts forever.

I feel that not being able to earn S-rank in Squad Battles is an incredibly bad design choice for many reasons, but I feel that this particular system abuse should be brought to public attention. Yes, your friends can't carry you to S-rank, but S-rank teams can instead exploit the system to avoid the challenge of other S-rank players by only matching against lower-level players.
Wait for the dust to settle from the update last night. I am A+/S and all last night I kept getting thrown in completely B+ lobbies no matter how many times I exited and re entered. They also weren't terribly good either- I am sure it will all settle down soon enough when the amount of players drops.

MickX

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, as soon as I hit S I also kept finding B+ lobbies, sometimes A-/A. I'm sure solo queue just doesn't have a large amount of S and S+ ranks yet to make matchmaking fair.

As for squad battles I don't see the problem. S rank players get a free pass to play with teams, whether their goal is try to carry friends to A+ 99 or are there just to beat lower level squads the point is just that, to play with a team. I think that it would be a far bigger flaw if a S rank player got their point deducted for a loss but couldn't win back afterwards, it means over a long period of time nobody would pick up squad battles ever because at a certain point you get punished for playing it with no reward whatsoever.

I dunno, might have a twisted view or something after having a lot of fun working on strategies and getting in synch with a 4 man squad this afternoon. It's just a teamplay mode, expect all sorts of tactics. At a certain point a player can only progress if it plays solo Ranked, so I guess if we were to have actual trolls in Squad Battle of all things, either people get the weirdest friends on their Wii U or they forgot solo Ranked is a thing. :P

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I see what you're saying, you can simply do squad battles to reach A+, then do random online matches to get S rank. But this isn't a bad thing imo. Playing only squad battles actually promotes and encourages teamwork, so it sort of prepares you for the more difficult S rank. What would be worse is if you could reach S+ by doing only squad battles. That would be truly unjust. But that's not the case since Nintendo rightly anticipated that a group of friends would probably do that. Be glad that we have this system and not that one.

Dave1

Inkling
Probably not the best topic, but I feel like making a new one for this would just clutter: how much do you get for a knockout win on S+?
6000 + 500 for a total of 6500 at S+, and 5500 total for a knockout at S rank for those curious on that.

Also thanks to the new rank system + squad battles I believe the fastest way to rank up now is to get three good players to create C- accounts which will give you a massive boost in rank for the fourth player for "carrying" them to victory. Especially if you feed the player you want to rank up kills he/she should experience the maximum amount of points gained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom