• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Next EU Splatfest: Team Messy vs Team Tidy (Results)

Do you keep your bedroom tidy?

• Yes, I like neatness

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Nah, too lazy...

Votes: 28 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
NOE's writing team in general seems to have some problems. I mean, look at the Boxing Ring titles in Smash. They have a few good ones, but...
"Smashes Bricks with His Fists"
"Trigger Happy with His Peanut Popgun"
"Never Gives Up! Trusts His Instincts!"

Those aren't even titles!
Boxing ring titles must work differently in Europe. "Smashes Bricks With His Fists" is pretty good tho.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Well, on the whole I've preferred the EU themes over the NA ones - I thought North Pole vs South Pole was great, and Singing vs Dancing. This one doesn't amuse me nearly as much as those ones did, but it's okay.

I don't mind things being untidy, but I do rather enjoy tidying up, so I'm somewhat conflicted - going to mull it over before I vote.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I hate the EU themes but it's because there's Japan which is its own country,NA which is a few countries, and EU which is all of Europe, and Oceania. There aren't really many cultural consistencies among all of EU/Oceania so they have to give us the broadest and most generic themes possible. It sucks but I doubt we are ever going to get the good themes. We might not even ever get any sponsored themes.

I still think they could be more creative and try for general pop/internet culture say with Pirates vs Ninjas but I just doubt it's going to happen.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
not only are the teams underwhelming, the damn phones aren't even squid phones!

And do those books only say "book?"

squids these days...

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
This theme speaks to me than most themes we've gotten here in the states. I'm not even a Transformers fan. >:V

Messy room all the way.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
I went for Team Mess in the end. The fact is my bedroom is untidy, and so - given the wording of the question - there's no other way that I can legitimately vote (however, I should say that I am not the one responsible for the bulk of the mess).

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
If I were European I'd definitely vote Messy as well. There's no way I can be bothered to clean my room up unless I have a very good reason.

MelonBread

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MelonPann
Kinda hard to choose, because my room is half tidy half messy. Went with tidy because Marie!

Also, yeah. EU in general feels pretty plain and boring. Just compare the translation and Splatfest themes with NA. ;_;

Pyritie

Full Squid
NNID
Pyritie
Kinda hard to choose, because my room is half tidy half messy. Went with tidy because Marie!

Also, yeah. EU in general feels pretty plain and boring. Just compare the translation and Splatfest themes with NA. ;_;
I'm glad EU didn't get cȯckney Spike though. His NA dialogue makes me cringe.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Hohoho at the forum software asterisking c o ckney. And yes, agreed, I find all of the NA dialogue highly cringe-worthy.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
if i were in the EU i would vote tidy.
also i dunno what all the complaints are about i thought the north vs south hemispheres was the best overall splatfest theme yet for any region.

MelonBread

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MelonPann
Dunno, I think Spyke's accent is pretty funny, gives character to him also.
Also, most european Splatfest's kinda have little creativity, imo. It pretty much boils down to left vs right.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
Dunno, I think Spyke's accent is pretty funny, gives character to him also.
Also, most european Splatfest's kinda have little creativity, imo. It pretty much boils down to left vs right.
I would rather have left vs right than I would marshmallows vs hod dogs or autobots vs decepticons.

NNID
OllzTheCheetah
Can they really start making the topics for the EU Splatfest better or more awesome to actually make want to play in it. The first one was good with Rock Vs Pop and Singing Vs Dancing but the rest with the possibility of North Pole Vs South Pole have been awful so I dont usually play them.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Went with the same messy players for 2 hours and this was pretty much 95% of our matches

Had a really good Krak On roller on my team.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Went with the same messy players for 2 hours and this was pretty much 95% of our matches

Had a really good Krak On roller on my team.
Oh god, why does this image look so familiar?

So far it's been allright, a lot better than my experience with singing vs dancing. There's been a few times where i've gotten dangerously close to being spawncamped but that's usually due to someone on my team DC'ing. Fending off 3 messy players when i'm barely used to the E-Liter is hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom