The one thing, that continues to IRK me

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The music; or rather, the lack of it.

There are currently 4 songs, between 9 stages.

I've dropped a few hundred hours on this game. After hearing the same 4 tracks, hundreds of times... It gets tiring and even makes me sick of them. I wish and still wish, this game could receive the same sorta treatment that Smash and other Nintendo games have.

I would love to see each stage receive a unique song(s) . So you won't get immediately tired of the music. You would be able to close your eyes, and actually know what stage you're on. Each stage would be given new layers of enjoyment and flavor. Also, if we could mute the music, and still keep the SFX, that would be great. That little addition would be helpful for people trying to make high quality videos.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Honestly I tune out the music in PVP, but I understand the frustration, this game boasts over 20 songs, but only 4 of them are used in it's premier game mode. It's confusing

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Hire Hideki Naganuma to compose more VS songs and that would make my day

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Be like me and just listen to you own music while playing. There's not vital sound effects in the game, so you don't lose anything.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Yes there are, you can hear people do stuff and learn where they are/what they're doing.
Not really. Unless they're shooting, you won't see them. If they're shooting, you're either ambushed, or you can tell where they are because they're shooting ink all over.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Not really. Unless they're shooting, you won't see them. If they're shooting, you're either ambushed, or you can tell where they are because they're shooting ink all over.
Inkstrike has a huge audio cue that you miss. You can back up right into one if it's shot off behind you. There's also gun shots, grenades wirring, mines, beakon sounds, squid sounds...it's not a game I like playing w/o sound.

Setu

It's actually extremely useful to listen for enemy squids swimming around while you're camping. But that is usually on rare occasions. I usually listen to my own music as well.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
It's actually extremely useful to listen for enemy squids swimming around while you're camping. But that is usually on rare occasions. I usually listen to my own music as well.
I play the .92 and .56 Gal, so I never camp.

Inkstrike has a huge audio cue that you miss. You can back up right into one if it's shot off behind you. There's also gun shots, grenades wirring, mines, beakon sounds, squid sounds...it's not a game I like playing w/o sound.
All of these can be avoided if you pay enough attention. I've been playing without music for all of my playtime, so I only get caught by these if I can't escape in the first place, or if I'm paying attention to something else on the map or something.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I would love to see each stage receive a unique song(s) . So you won't get immediately tired of the music.
Wouldn't that mean there'd be only two game songs in one mode for a period of four hours? That sounds like it'd be even easier to get tired of it.
Also, if we could mute the music, and still keep the SFX, that would be great. That little addition would be helpful for people trying to make high quality videos.
I've always loved games that allowed this feature, actually.

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Be like me and just listen to you own music while playing. There's not vital sound effects in the game, so you don't lose anything.
I can't remember how many chargers I heard coming and fled from or prepared to fight because they're so loud and I heard from which direction they're coming via headphones. Not to mention all the gunshots I heard from people trying to shoot me, giving me chance to immediately react beforr I get hit. I use audio cues a lot really.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
True. While I still like the four VS songs at the moment I can see them getting more and more stale soon. Four songs for each map would be way more reasonable in my opinion; or at least different sets of songs for each mode so you can identify something with a song.
I hope Nintendo will add more songs with the August update or with future patches.

Oh and about sound effects... they can be vital at some times. First of all you can identify every weapon in the game via their shooting sounds. Then there are swimming sounds, superjump sounds etc.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Possibly a exclusive song for each map (with a higher play rate), as well as a selection of general songs like the ones now to play. I dont mind if they keep the same music system and just add more songs.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
All of these can be avoided if you pay enough attention. I've been playing without music for all of my playtime, so I only get caught by these if I can't escape in the first place, or if I'm paying attention to something else on the map or something.
if it works for you, cool. not gonna knock it. Myself, if I wanna listen to music while playing I have to go for the classic earbuds + headphone combo. or a line in cable.

Power

Inkling Commander
I got tired of the games music so I just listened to my own. Sure it has given me less awareness of my surroundings but matches aren't really that important at the moment so it feels cool to be clutch with a nice beat.

Goddess Yami

Inkster Jr.
I really love the music in this game, but it's a shame that they don't have more tracks for the maps. What I really want is more Squid Sisters songs. Splatfast spoiled me. Most of the time I have the music turned down though because my computer screen shares screens with my Wii U (it's a TV). I have speakers for my desktop so I talked to my friends on Skype as I play.

I hope the future maps come with new tracks, but with the recent maps it seems unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom