• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Paintbrush

Will you main the Paintbrush upon its release?

• Total voters

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
So, we know that this will be the first of the DLC weapons. It looks like a much faster Roller that covers a smaller area, and it looks to me like the trade-off isn't worth it, but that's only from a glance.

But the most interesting thing about this weapon was the technique that the Inling used. I'm going to call them Artist Slashes. I wonder how that will work? Is it purely for covering walls? Does it spray paint at incoming attackers? How much horizontal range does it have? This technique alone made me very interested in this weapon.

Another thing I am curious about is whether this weapon will be insta-kill like the Roller or not. Discuss.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
From first glance it doesn't seem especially useful to me. It paints a line that seems to be as thick as a shot from a splat charger. I guess its main purpose would be to make a quick path for your teammates to follow, but chargers can already do that with the advantage of not being a melee weapon. I'm sure some people will find a use for it, but it looks to be outclassed for the time being.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
If it OHKOs like other rollers it has the potential to be quite scary. I'll be trying it out quite a bit when it's released.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
From first glance it doesn't seem especially useful to me. It paints a line that seems to be as thick as a shot from a splat charger. I guess its main purpose would be to make a quick path for your teammates to follow, but chargers can already do that with the advantage of not being a melee weapon. I'm sure some people will find a use for it, but it looks to be outclassed for the time being.
But what's different about the brush as opposed to other rollers is the speed at which you can toss ink. I imagine that makes it a fair bit more capable of painting walls, allowing you to get up higher than a normal roller would be able to easily, and spreading ink more quickly from a perch, not to mention tossing ink at a shooter will likely be easier than trying to roll him over.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
It seems like a good close combat Weapon, like s Sword or something xD Not really good for Turf War but maybe good for Splat Zones~

Haas

Inkling
NNID
Hasenpflugs
Judging by the footage we have seen so far it does look like you run noticeably faster with it pressed to the ground than the standard roller.

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
For me what got me interested was that it looks like the inkling runs faster with the paintbrush. Also I'm guessing at point blank the swipes are gonna be a two-shot kill because it's sort of a one-two kinda thing. As for when it's on the ground, what if it doesn't do any damage? Like the slashes are the only weaponized part.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
It's also good for making Trails for your Teammates

Wafty

Inkling
NNID
WaftyIsGassy
Stronger melee options? I looks like you can swing it like a sword or something.. looks tight but I'll use whatever is better between Roller and Paintbrush

Trick_Ster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Thetardygalaxy
It looks fun, but I'll have to see what it's like before even thinking of maining it.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I imagine a key tactic Brush users will utilize would be to quickly move throughout the map, and have teammates super jump to them.

This could lead to more offensive playstyles, as the Brush user can act as the "Scout" of the team.

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
While not spraying as much ink the brush is a more versatile weapon in a combat situation by the looks of it. The problem with the standard roller is that it is easily shot by just walking backwards and shooting or just going around it because it has a poor turn radius and in order to turn a roller has to stop and turn around. Plus the roller's splatter is pretty slow though damaging it is also easily dodged.

The ink brush on the other hand is faster than the roller and can catch people walking backwards and maybe even keep up with people swimming backwards. It seems to have better turning. It doesn't take as long to put on the ground so it doesn't have the roller's start up issues. Also the ink brush has a much faster splatter while still having a wide radius. This presumably makes it effective as a quick firing "shotgun". Its movement speed and lower started up also makes it more effective as a sort of "sword" than the roller, because just swimming right up to someone and slashing at them might be effective. All of these can make the inkbrush a far more effective front lines weapon that can immediately engage enemies and clear them out (assuming a player is skilled of course) Thus making the area open for your team much faster.

In conclusion, what I can draw from a 2 second gameplay clip is that the ink brush is a much more versatile weapon with a sacrifice to how much ink it leaves behind it.Which other team mates can cover for.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Upon re-watching, it almost seems as if the player runs faster using the paintbrush than walking!

Sheikashii

Senior Squid
NNID
OreoCookieJAF
I think the main use of the paintbrush is to get out to the middle first and get an early lead. People can jump to you and you can be the first one to the splatzone so team mates can swim behind you. It looks like you run faster than the swimming too

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is the weapon I want to play the most. Hopefully it isn't outclassed by other melee weapons.

AxlCrash31

Inkling
NNID
AxlCrash
It looks like a good weapon for players who want to go out and fight other players. I don't know if it will do much good in spreading ink all across the map.

Narayan

Full Squid
NNID
suacidesquid
For me, it looks like the brush would be perrty useful for the Towermatches, because he can capture it very quickly, the rest of the team can follow fast and position theirselves early.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm hoping the paintbrush can shoot further when you deploy it, that would certainly make it interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom