• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Paintbrush

Will you main the Paintbrush upon its release?

• Total voters

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
I imagine a key tactic Brush users will utilize would be to quickly move throughout the map, and have teammates super jump to them.

This could lead to more offensive playstyles, as the Brush user can act as the "Scout" of the team.
Yeah! That's exactly what I was thinking. As long as a brush user can hold their own (which seems to be the case so far) for long enough to get support, I think they'll be very useful in turf war. And as a diversion in rank battle, since they look like they'll be good at poking and fleeing.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
The paintbrush. Alright. So. I think the paintbrush is going to be a forced to be reckoned with and I'm glad its the first new weapon to come (source?) The reason I feel like the paintbrush would be annoying is because of it's ground coverage.while it's not the paint roller in the paintbrush definitely does cover ground much faster and thus is able to get to the enemy base and or distract the other team.I don't see it very well for painting the ground but definitely more for like trolling people. imagine going over anything in the area near the end of the base and then you come back to it like 10 seconds later and is now covered by a single line of enemy ink.

Also at the start of the match I have a feeling the paint brush would be easily able to get to the enemy base no matter how far away it is.Because of this itll probably also be really annoying to just get out of your base and see there's already big swashes of the other teams paint everywhere

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was looking forward to the paintbrush even before the direct.

It is extremely fast, and may have thin painting range, but its melee attack amazing. With how quick and wide it is.

With that said, I'm still a charger kind of guy, so I need to test it out first.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I will definitely try it out, but I'm not maining anything. That's not usually how competitive shooters or really any shooters go. ;)
I could be wrong, though. Splatoon could provide a unique system so maining weapons turns out to be viable. :P

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
it looks like you will be walking in a lot of enemy ink...

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
If it doesn't kill in one shot I don't think it's going to be good

In general I don't think it's going to be good

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If it doesn't kill in one shot I don't think it's going to be good

In general I don't think it's going to be good
If we are talking about when it is constantly laying down ink when moving, that part will certainly kill in one shot. It wouldn't make sense not to as that would imply that you walk right over them for some reason.

If we are talking about the melee attack, well considering that it can fire like 5 times in a single second and is also so wide that escape is almost impossible, I don't think it really needs to kill in one shot like the roller potentially can.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
If we are talking about when it is constantly laying down ink when moving, that part will certainly kill in one shot. It wouldn't make sense not to as that would imply that you walk right over them for some reason.

If we are talking about the melee attack, well considering that it can fire like 5 times in a single second and is also so wide that escape is almost impossible, I don't think it really needs to kill in one shot like the roller potentially can.
Italked about the melee attacking, I think escaping will be possible, but I really can't know
I don't really like that weapon. It looked really cool but now that I see it in action I don't like it that much

Bonzi77

Huge Memer
NNID
Bonzi77
I'm of two minds on the paintbrush. On one hand, you're sacrificing a SUBSTANTIAL amount of your ink spreading ability for maneuverability while you're a kid (now), but on the other hand you're gaining a much stronger kill potential when you're up in somebody's krill. Ultimately, I think it's gonna be best suited for people who want to sneak up on people and kill them, since most of its ultility will be in short distance maneuverability through enemy ink and getting in people's faces. Like the roller, the thing that will ultimately outclass it is damage at range, like the charger or the 52. gal.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Looks like a roller, with more offensive capabilities and more utility. The trade off, does not cover as much area and may or may not do as much DMG per swing.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I can't say it has bad ink spreading abilities because I haven't seen how the firing works in multiple scenarios. It looks like it goes really wide though, so it may be more of a stop and go type deal.

Also, yeah it looks really good at attacking foes. You also don't have to invest in speed up stats.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
So far, I'm VERY excited for the Inkbrush. It seems like it's a perfect "rushdown" weapon. You can use the inkcredible speed to out-maneuver your enemy and then slash them to death when you get close. This weapon has high potential, especially if you consider gear abilities, like run speed up (not sure if it affects running with roller types activated), and Damage up, which could lead to even easier kills.

Just my two cents.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Honestly, I am expecting people to use this as a sort of assassin type weapon. Get behind enemy lines, paint them to death, and move on. Not only that, but you can easily act as a mobile spawn point for your allies. And unlIke the rollers, you cam actually paint walls pretty efficiently.

Annie

Inkling
NNID
N1ntendude
I'mma go in Bob Ross style. Get some happy trees up in here

...happy trees of DEATH

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I think that this is a weapon that specializes in getting kills for the most part, it's speed and lack of area coverage seem to lean towards that focus.

beckert26

Full Squid
NNID
beckert26
It's impossible to tell what you will main without playing with it. Remember how everyone was going to main little mac in smash and now I rarely see him online.

praline

I'm ready!
I'm totally using it when it is out. IT looks fun and I was a tad bummed it's not in the normal game.

Squidsplatter

Inkling
NNID
zauelemia
I'm definitely gonna try to main the paintbrush, not sure if I can part with my roller, though. It definitely looks cool. c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom