The point distribution is horrible...

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
I was in a Squad Battle with two friends. I was a B, one friend was a B-, and the other an S+. We went up against another team of three that consisted of about Bs and an A. We won, but I only received 2 points toward my rank. We then went up against a full 4 team of all Ss. 3vs4. We lost, and the penalty was losing 12 points. We then went up against another team of three that had two Bs and an A. However we lost, and the penalty was losing a whopping 20 points. I dunno about you guys, but I HATE this. I can't believe that because one member of our team was an S+, they barely give us anything for winning and harshly punish everyone for losing. The game looks at the S+ member and thinks that it automatically makes the whole team super pro. So when we win, it's no big deal because it's expected of us. But when we lose, we're all harshly punished because the game expected better of us. But one S+ teammate does not mean the WHOLE team is amazing. When we went up against that full team of 4 Ss, the game should've cut us some slack considering we were short a member and two of us were only Bs. But because of the one S+ member, the game thought we'd be better than a full team of Ss and punished everyone with a loss of 12 points, 2 more points than the norm. That's ridiculous! The game doesn't take the number of players or the other ranks into account. All that matters is the one member with the high rank.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
It does warn you that you may end up facing a team of 4 when your team is only made up of 3.

I just don't like the disconnection penalty. I understand that if it wasn't there then a lot of people would just turn off the game if they were losing, but I can't control when my internet decides to fluctuate.

I dislike the matchmaking system more though. 99% of my games I get teams composed of weapons that are either 2 or 3 of the same weapon(snipers, rollers, rapid blasters etc) and the other team has a more even build. Granted I'm of the mind that no weapons are bad, and that it all comes down to the users skill, but still the other team could've had one of the chargers or something. My team didn't need 3(especially in turf wars, and also not including me because I don't use chargers at all).

But oh well~

Njok

Bouncer
Are you sure you are not exaggerating just a little bit? ;) The most i ever lost was 14 points. And that was in a team of S+,S,S,A+ against S, A,A,A- and i was also close to rank up (which i think makes you lose more points).

I do agree that it's totally ridiculous though and i am very happy that i don't have to worry about it anymore.

Charlight

Meme Spy
Playing trisquad does try to match you up with either three player or lower level four player squads. Of course, if neither are available, it'll match you with the closest possible.

Also note, from what I've seen, the game calculates rank changes based on exact rank (e.g. A+ 96), not just the letter rank. This might explain harsher changes in rank when you're approaching a rank up.

Reactions: 1o2

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
Are you sure you are not exaggerating just a little bit? ;) The most i ever lost was 14 points. And that was in a team of S+,S,S,A+ against S, A,A,A- and i was also close to rank up (which i think makes you lose more points).

I do agree that it's totally ridiculous though and i am very happy that i don't have to worry about it anymore.
No, I swear to you I lost 20 points that one time. I was so shocked that it's what made me make this thread in the first place.

Njok

Bouncer
No, I swear to you I lost 20 points that one time. I was so shocked that it's what made me make this thread in the first place.
Wow ok, that is insane! But yeah, it seems they tried to fix the distribution but instead made it 5x as worse. I won't be surprised if it's getting patched real soon. Hang in there man :P

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
All I can say is what in higher S rank and S+ ; You clearly need to win twice as much as the penality for losing a game is clearly the double of that you get if you win a game at equal rank.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Yup, I agree with this. Having S or S+ screws your teammates over in Squad Battles, as all win points will be halved and all lose points will be doubled against teams without S rank players. We noticed this in our squad, too.

For example the game seems to consider a team of one S and three Cs stronger than four As which is plain stupid.

mloballer

Inkling
NNID
mloballer
I can't understand this point distribution either, when you have the same ranks on the same team and lose you get minus 12, and when you win plus 8, and sometimes its 10. Sometimes I get 7 points, 9 pts, 8 pts 4 pts, -14, and none of it make sense based on the ranks of the players on each team. I wish it would go back to the old way, this way seems so arbitrary and unfair!

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I think if they don't go back to the old system they at least need to explain the rank system more clearly because it does not add up at all. I wouldn't mind the craziness of it if it was clearly defined out so you knew what to expect when.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Maybe it is supposed to discourage people from trying to get a 'free ride' up to A/S ranks? Seems like an odd choice.

mloballer

Inkling
NNID
mloballer
I just played one battle and the team with the lower ranked players got -12. And I had a previous game when the winning team that had lower ranked players only got +8 for winning. It doesn't make any sense. Once a team of A- players and some A players beat a team of S+, S, A+, A+ and we only got plus +10. It seems to be punishing you for winning and its ridiculous. How do you rank up??!

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yup, I agree with this. Having S or S+ screws your teammates over in Squad Battles, as all win points will be halved and all lose points will be doubled against teams without S rank players. We noticed this in our squad, too.

For example the game seems to consider a team of one S and three Cs stronger than four As which is plain stupid.
I'd guess it decides who the team will fight based on the highest ranked player, which is a way to avoid exploiting the system to have a team of low ranks fighting against a team composed of mostly high-rankers and one or two low rankers (which would be the case if the game took into account only the lowest ranked player). It's not perfect, but you can't really do much in that kind of situation without harming someone. Maybe if the game made an average out of all the ranks in the squad it would help a bit, but I can't say for sure

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
>Team of 4, B-, B, A, S: Krak-On, Octoshot, Bucket, and Range Blaster (me)
>Team of 3 S+'s: Rapid Blaster, Octobrush, Normal Roller
>We lose
>Lose 18 points

Fix this nintendo.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
>Team of 4, B-, B, A, S: Krak-On, Octoshot, Bucket, and Range Blaster (me)
>Team of 3 S+'s: Rapid Blaster, Octobrush, Normal Roller
>We lose
>Lose 18 points

Fix this nintendo.
That's insane, even if its only 3 people. I can see losing 10 or even 12, pushing it, but 18?! I have never seen that many lost outside of a DC.

Njok

Bouncer
Oh by the way, apparently disconnecting in squad battles will lose you 2 points, even if you are in S rank and winning or losing doesn't affect points anymore. Not really sure what they are trying to accomplish with that, but i guess it fits in perfectly with the already dumb system :D

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
I was in a Squad Battle with two friends. I was a B, one friend was a B-, and the other an S+. We went up against another team of three that consisted of about Bs and an A. We won, but I only received 2 points toward my rank. We then went up against a full 4 team of all Ss. 3vs4. We lost, and the penalty was losing 12 points. We then went up against another team of three that had two Bs and an A. However we lost, and the penalty was losing a whopping 20 points. I dunno about you guys, but I HATE this. I can't believe that because one member of our team was an S+, they barely give us anything for winning and harshly punish everyone for losing. The game looks at the S+ member and thinks that it automatically makes the whole team super pro. So when we win, it's no big deal because it's expected of us. But when we lose, we're all harshly punished because the game expected better of us. But one S+ teammate does not mean the WHOLE team is amazing. When we went up against that full team of 4 Ss, the game should've cut us some slack considering we were short a member and two of us were only Bs. But because of the one S+ member, the game thought we'd be better than a full team of Ss and punished everyone with a loss of 12 points, 2 more points than the norm. That's ridiculous! The game doesn't take the number of players or the other ranks into account. All that matters is the one member with the high rank.
Usually if you win without a knockout you get 3 points, and 2 points if you ink 400p or more. Something sounds off there

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
I can't understand this point distribution either, when you have the same ranks on the same team and lose you get minus 12, and when you win plus 8, and sometimes its 10. Sometimes I get 7 points, 9 pts, 8 pts 4 pts, -14, and none of it make sense based on the ranks of the players on each team. I wish it would go back to the old way, this way seems so arbitrary and unfair!
I think it also depends on how much you ink and if your on the top and bottom of win(s) or losses

Crazy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AjninYzarc
Usually if you win without a knockout you get 3 points, and 2 points if you ink 400p or more. Something sounds off there
Disregard my comment you were talking about rank points not leveling points....

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
I'd guess it decides who the team will fight based on the highest ranked player, which is a way to avoid exploiting the system to have a team of low ranks fighting against a team composed of mostly high-rankers and one or two low rankers (which would be the case if the game took into account only the lowest ranked player). It's not perfect, but you can't really do much in that kind of situation without harming someone. Maybe if the game made an average out of all the ranks in the squad it would help a bit, but I can't say for sure
That's kinda silly though if they are doing it based on the highest ranked member because just because you are a higher rank doesn't mean you alone will be able to carry your team. If I'm S rank, with B, C+ and A team members there's no reason we should be paired with a team of 4 S/S+ players and loosing more than 4-6 pts. It's also not even among all team members when I've played before reaching S being A+ against S team I lost less points then my B teammate. I'm super curious to know the algorithm of this. There doesn't appear to be one at all. I feel like you should be able to look at a team and know how many points you will win or lose a match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom