• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Psychological Battle Against Agent 8's Inner Demon (Theory)

Cephalobro

Here is the theory that I said I will probably do, the title already gave away part of this, but I'm going to state it again during the theory anyway.

Now, there is actually more than one kind of inner demon, one of the obvious ones are the ones who obviously tries to encourage bad behavior. But the kind of inner demon I'm going to talk about is the one that keeps making you feel inferior.

Now how does this relates to Splatoon? Well, it's more related to the fight against Inner Agent 3. That fight is crazy hard, but there can be one story-related reason why it's so difficult: Inner Agent 3 is actually Agent 8's inner demon, the kind of inner demon that makes Agent 8 feel inferior.

Inner demons can have the look and shape of whatever or whoever gave you that kind of traumatic experience, however, it can also change based on current outcomes. This is reflected perfectly during the fight where Inner Agent 3 literately has only the Splatoon 2 specials, even from updates despite the fight itself happening two years before Splatoon 2. This was a result of Agent 8 fighting the real Agent 3 because Agent 3 was being controlled by the goop before that psychological battle was fought.

Fights against inner demons are actually really difficult most of the time, but unlike physical battles, you can keep trying again in the psychological battles. This can explain why whenever Agent 8 gets splatted, the battle automatically restarts without the player's input.

It's also important to take note that what triggered the memory in the first place was the Golden Toothpick, this implies that this item already belonged to Agent 8 prior to the events of Octo Expansion. It could be possible that it was actually in Agent 3's possession after that mysterious attack and that the locker with the number 8 was actually Agent 3's locker. Cap'n Cuttlefish also says that Agent 3 went on patrol the next time you meet him on the train. Agent 3 meant to give the Golden Toothpick back to Agent 8 but due to being knocked out, the item couldn't have been given back at that time.

Once Agent 8 defeats Inner Agent 3, the message says that the "inner hero" was defeated, but really though, Inner Agent 3 was actually an inner demon that kept Agent 8 possibly scared of Inklings. As a result of Inner Agent 3's defeat, Agent 8 felt relieved to take back the Golden Toothpick.

Here is the theory that I said I will probably do, the title already gave away part of this, but I'm going to state it again during the theory anyway.

Now, there is actually more than one kind of inner demon, one of the obvious ones are the ones who obviously tries to encourage bad behavior. But the kind of inner demon I'm going to talk about is the one that keeps making you feel inferior.

Now how does this relates to Splatoon? Well, it's more related to the fight against Inner Agent 3. That fight is crazy hard, but there can be one story-related reason why it's so difficult: Inner Agent 3 is actually Agent 8's inner demon, the kind of inner demon that makes Agent 8 feel inferior.

Inner demons can have the look and shape of whatever or whoever gave you that kind of traumatic experience, however, it can also change based on current outcomes. This is reflected perfectly during the fight where Inner Agent 3 literately has only the Splatoon 2 specials, even from updates despite the fight itself happening two years before Splatoon 2. This was a result of Agent 8 fighting the real Agent 3 because Agent 3 was being controlled by the goop before that psychological battle was fought.

Fights against inner demons are actually really difficult most of the time, but unlike physical battles, you can keep trying again in the psychological battles. This can explain why whenever Agent 8 gets splatted, the battle automatically restarts without the player's input.

It's also important to take note that what triggered the memory in the first place was the Golden Toothpick, this implies that this item already belonged to Agent 8 prior to the events of Octo Expansion. It could be possible that it was actually in Agent 3's possession after that mysterious attack and that the locker with the number 8 was actually Agent 3's locker. Cap'n Cuttlefish also says that Agent 3 went on patrol the next time you meet him on the train. Agent 3 meant to give the Golden Toothpick back to Agent 8 but due to being knocked out, the item couldn't have been given back at that time.

Once Agent 8 defeats Inner Agent 3, the message says that the "inner hero" was defeated, but really though, Inner Agent 3 was actually an inner demon that kept Agent 8 possibly scared of Inklings. As a result of Inner Agent 3's defeat, Agent 8 felt relieved to take back the Golden Toothpick.
I definitely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom