• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Rainmaker Cheat (that the pep's like to use!)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
This is about this: your team is already losing from a great distance, then the person on the opposite team gets the rainmaker and runs to their side so you'd have to get past their teammates first to get the person with the rainmaker, well I think this is cheating, and they should block this, because I lost my S rank because someone trying to be funny took the rainmaker at the last second and made us lose.:(:mad:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
There's already a sort of block against this: Going back into your zone will make the RM explode faster. It's pretty frustrating to come against, but in the last part of a match, it makes sense: You want to keep the other team from getting the goal. It's like guarding the tower or zones. (though the zones are a bit different since they aren't moved at all) And as for having to get past teammates before getting to the RM, that's just how most people are going to play. If you can help keep the RM safe, that should be your goal, you shouldn't just send your teammate off into danger.

I don't think blocking this would have helped you in your battle, though. If they took the RM at the last part of the battle and went backwards, they had to have already had the lead. Whether they had gone backwards or forwards, overtime wouldn't have kicked in because the winning team had the RM.

flamestar6

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kris4490
there are other areas ive had the same problem before i see the rainmaker and the other team gets it and squidbags till the end of the match
at that time they knew that next round we will give no mercy

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
then people like to jump into the water,/ air too! cheating!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I do it all the time I suck at rainmaker and I know teams can sometimes make great pushes in overtime therefore all I like to do is retreat a bit
Like @Floating Eyeball said its making use of game mechanics not cheating

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Something isn't cheating just because you don't like it. ;) There isn't anything "cheating" about hiding the Rainmaker in the last few seconds of the game. There is also nothing cheating about jumping into the water... I'm honestly not sure why you're even calling any of this cheating...? o_O

It is actually a smart move to hide the Rainmaker in the last few seconds - especially if you've had a bad run the entire match. It may be a cheap tactic but it is entirely valid. There is nothing "cheating" about it. It's just extremely annoying but it is a smart one. I've had games where my team just will not back me up for anything. I'm always the Rainmaker carrier and sometimes, my team is just incompetent. They'll go everywhere but with the Rainmaker or attempt to shake me when I follow them. Why should I continue to push? If it's the last 30 seconds and we're in the lead, what good would pushing do? It would do none. It could get me killed and place the Rainmaker into the enemy team's hands - giving them enough time for a comeback. Yes, I have chosen to do this before. I will continue to do it during solo and squads because it is sometimes the best option.

Frankly, I've never had a teammate oppose me when I do that. Usually, my teammates will give a "nice/booyah" when they realize what I'm doing and instantly jump to defend me. I've never seen anyone complain when their team does this - only when it's done against them. They'll gladly take it when they do it though.

As for jumping... I'm guessing you mean people jumping into the water or air in order to reset the Rainmaker? This is also not cheating and it is also a very smart tactic. If the Rainmaker is near your pedestal, why fight it back? If you know that the Rainmaker will reset, it is just smarter to take a jump and have it reset to the middle. It will be easier for your team to attempt a comeback from the center rather than attempt to fight your way back from your base. It takes time off the Rainmaker counter which is always precious to keep in mind.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Something isn't cheating just because you don't like it. ;) There isn't anything "cheating" about hiding the Rainmaker in the last few seconds of the game. There is also nothing cheating about jumping into the water... I'm honestly not sure why you're even calling any of this cheating...? o_O

It is actually a smart move to hide the Rainmaker in the last few seconds - especially if you've had a bad run the entire match. It may be a cheap tactic but it is entirely valid. There is nothing "cheating" about it. It's just extremely annoying but it is a smart one. I've had games where my team just will not back me up for anything. I'm always the Rainmaker carrier and sometimes, my team is just incompetent. They'll go everywhere but with the Rainmaker or attempt to shake me when I follow them. Why should I continue to push? If it's the last 30 seconds and we're in the lead, what good would pushing do? It would do none. It could get me killed and place the Rainmaker into the enemy team's hands - giving them enough time for a comeback. Yes, I have chosen to do this before. I will continue to do it during solo and squads because it is sometimes the best option.

Frankly, I've never had a teammate oppose me when I do that. Usually, my teammates will give a "nice/booyah" when they realize what I'm doing and instantly jump to defend me. I've never seen anyone complain when their team does this - only when it's done against them. They'll gladly take it when they do it though.

As for jumping... I'm guessing you mean people jumping into the water or air in order to reset the Rainmaker? This is also not cheating and it is also a very smart tactic. If the Rainmaker is near your pedestal, why fight it back? If you know that the Rainmaker will reset, it is just smarter to take a jump and have it reset to the middle. It will be easier for your team to attempt a comeback from the center rather than attempt to fight your way back from your base. It takes time off the Rainmaker counter which is always precious to keep in mind.
Exactly xD

Peachfanclub

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Peachfanclub
That ominous warning I came across when I tried to climb up my own wall as a detour in Camp Triggerfish: DON'T RETREAT! Overtime klaxon works better with this warning.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It's not really cheating at all, it can even be advantageous for you if you play good enough and kill them since they lose focus since they think they can win by staying at the base, and then you take it from them when it's already very far in. Works especially good if you have a special, the entire teams will probably be guarding him, but you can kill them all at once for an easy win then, I've won a few games like this. And also, if you're already losing by a lot, you probably won't end up winning even if they don't do this, and there's nothing preventing you from doing it after you're winning by a lot, so it's a great strategy to use.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
while it's not cheating, i feel really really bad about retreating with the rainmaker. it just feels like foul play, kinda like spawncamping. one of those unwritten "yeah you can do this but it's kinda really mean" things. i'm always tempted to but i try not to, if only because the DON'T RETREAT thing scares the hell out of me (for clarification i used to do it quite a bit, but then i found it made me feel horrible when the other team did it so i decided to drop it)

but jumping into the water to reset the rainmakers position? that's fine to me. it doesn't feel nearly as... um... "scummy", since everybody can get to the center, and you could even get there before them if you pay attention to what they're doing.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
This is a fairly fitting thread on which to ask, actually, so... where can you reset the Rainmaker? That is, if I'm holding it and it's on my side of the map, will it reset to centre wherever I jump off? Or does 'Don't retreat!' need to be displayed? I feel like I should really know this in S+, but it's not exactly something I wanted to experiment with...

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
This is a fairly fitting thread on which to ask, actually, so... where can you reset the Rainmaker? That is, if I'm holding it and it's on my side of the map, will it reset to centre wherever I jump off? Or does 'Don't retreat!' need to be displayed? I feel like I should really know this in S+, but it's not exactly something I wanted to experiment with...
i believe that it'll happen no matter where you are. it's a failsafe rather than an actual intended strategy, probably so the RM doesn't get stuck in anything?

you could probably test it in recon!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I'm pretty sure it'll still do it, I've had some matches where I'd just go straight off the side with it and it'd still reset.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It can depend where you jump off. For example.... If you're near the middle of Bluefin and you fall off the edge, it will often fail to reset because it is still too close to the middle. So there's no need for it to reset. If you're at the ramp leading up to the goal and you fall, it will reset because you're close enough to the other team or your own goal. It will reset most of the time though because most of the time, the game will register it as being too far away. I think the only course it doesn't do this on is Mahi-Mahi. In my experience, on Mahi-Mahi, the Rainmaker often won't reset no matter where you fall with it for some reason.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
The Rainmaker will reset if you are on your half of the map when you fall into an abyss, into water or explode by running out of time with it. It respawns on the last solid ground you touched when you explode or fall off on their half of the map. Of course it always respawns where you were when you got splatted by the enemy team (last ground touched counts when dropping down to get back to the centre).

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
The rainmaker only resets if you are 1. On your side of the map and 2. If you don't die from enemy ink (example: water). Then it'll go to the center. So if the enemy is pushing into your base, it can be a better strategy to kill yourself when possible to get it back to center, even though you'll waste a life.

Last edited:

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I hate how people do that, but, sometimes they hold it for too long and explode, and the rainmaker moves all the way back to it's original position. and I get SO happy when that happens. I say: yay we still have a chance!...( but then we lose anyways.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom